RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > General Discussion

Old April 23rd, 2012, 09:55 PM   #21
YoKozo
Power Stranger

Yeah, kinda disappointed they didn't mention Futurama at all. At least they gave Malcolm in the Middle a brief clip, but nothing more. Besides that, I thought it was a well done retrospective and greatly enjoyed the That '70s Show segment.

I also liked when they showed clips of Fox shows just making fun of the Fox network. I always liked how The Simpsons poked at their own network each chance they got.
YoKozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 10:40 PM   #22
Titanium321

I can't tell if people are being serious about the fox kids thing.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 10:50 PM   #23
Storm Eagle
eoPrw aegnRr

This was mostly about their prime time shows. Of course they didn't mention Power Rangers or anything involving Fox Kids or Fox Box.

Now that I've finally gotten a chance to watch the special, I can list my favorite Fox shows by genre:

My favorite comedies: In Living Color, Parker Lewis Can't Lose, Martin, Living Single, That 70s Show

My favorite sci-fi series: Flrefly

My favorite dramas: Beverly Hills 90210, New York Undercover, Party of Five, Boston Public

My favorite animated shows: The Simpsons, King of the Hill

My favorite kid shows (just for the heck of it): Fox's Fun House, Tiny Toon Adventures, Fox's Peter Pan and the Pirates, X-Men, Power Rangers, Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego?, Masked Rider, BeetleBorgs, Digimon, Beast Machines: Transformers, Galidor, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

My favorite reality shows: as if

I forgot about a lot of those reality shows. They were just pathetic anyway, like most reality shows. One show I'm glad they didn't touch upon though, is Nanny 911.

I didn't really watch That 70s Show when it was active on Fox. Netflix was my means of seeing all the episodes once all the seasons made it to DVD. Same with Firefly. Strange thing is, I have no recollection whatsoever of Firefly ever airing on Fox.

I did catch the finale for That 70s Show though. It aired on my birthday in 2006, and it ended pretty much the way I imagined. The year 1979 would end and they'd go into 1980, and the part of the license plate that shows the last two digits of the year would read "80". I just wasn't counting on not seeing anything happen past the final second of 1979.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote