RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old April 19th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #4221
johnboy3434
Jack of Shadows

Just out of curiosity, were there any notable changes to Black and Black RX's worlds that would point to them being alternates? I'm just curious, because they went to the trouble of getting the original actor back.
Old April 19th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #4222
AtoMan
Now read my post again

The most obvious ones were that their respective season finales didn't happen, obviously, since the villains were still around.
Old April 19th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #4223
MoonsKnight
as The Hopping Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron723 View Post
From what I got from Decade's World of Den-O, was that there isn't another Den-O world. It was the same world from the Series. For all other series the Riders and their worlds were re-introduced, but Den-O came off like it was old friends returning.
No. All of the Decade worlds are different from the original worlds, even Den-O's. It's just that the new Den-O world has effectively replaced the original one for all future Den-O-related appearances.
Old April 19th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #4224
ReddyRedWolf
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtoMan View Post
As far as the people in "new" Den-O world are concerned, the series never happened and Ryotaro is a kid now. Not that it changes much, but that's just what this series is.
Wrong, Ryotaro has been de-aged much like Hana. Kotaro blamed Decade's existence in their unverse. When the reason was Goldra and Silvra messing with time.

In fact in Chou Den-O Episode Blue Ryotaro's sister knew he shrunk.
Old April 19th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #4225
JP317
Power Ranger

That reminds me I really should watch those, I've had the Red, Yellow, Blue episodes sitting around for ages and just never got around to watching them.

Speaking of stuff I've got to watch I've got like the first 27 episodes of the original series to watch, does anyone know how the show holds up after 40 odd years?
Old April 19th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #4226
Lt. Cmdr. Radner
THE POWER IS BACK BABY!!!
eBay

Okay, I'm currently watching Kamen rider 555 and there is something I need to say, Yuka's parents, half sister, and schoolmates are TOTAL UTTER IRREDEEMABLE ASSHOLES AND THEY DESERVE WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM!

I have never met a group of more hateful and irredeemable people in my life, I'm actually glad they got killed cause they give the HUMAN race a bad name!
Old April 19th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #4227
JediMB
VIP Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Wrong, Ryotaro has been de-aged much like Hana. Kotaro blamed Decade's existence in their unverse. When the reason was Goldra and Silvra messing with time.
It was never really elaborated on how time had been changed so that this could be explained, though. For Hana there were some issues with her being from an alternate timeline that was disrupting the currently valid one, but for Ryotaro... nothing in particular.

I'm pointing this out because it was established in the show that Singularity Points (or whatever they're called) are usually immune to changes in the flow of time.
Old April 19th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #4228
Wrestler
Gaiark / Gedoushu Intern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Cmdr. Radner View Post
Okay, I'm currently watching Kamen rider 555 and there is something I need to say, Yuka's parents, half sister, and schoolmates are TOTAL UTTER IRREDEEMABLE ASSHOLES AND THEY DESERVE WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM!

I have never met a group of more hateful and irredeemable people in my life, I'm actually glad they got killed cause they give the HUMAN race a bad name!
Everyone Yuka met were assholes. She had the worst luck out of anyone I have seen, maybe even worse than Den-o Nogami. He may of got the crap beaten out of him daily, but she got emotional beat up everyday.... and that doesnt heal like bruises.
Old April 19th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #4229
Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonsKnight View Post
All of the Decade worlds are different from the original worlds, even Den-O's. It's just that the new Den-O world has effectively replaced the original one for all future Den-O-related appearances.
When they actually bother to tell you "things have changed," that makes them different from the others, which were "changed" just because that's how it is for them. There was no story element to make Faiz World about a group of high schoolers- that's just the way things happened in this particular reality.
Old April 19th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #4230
SmashZ
Power Ranger

Quote:
They even possessed Riders that Diend summoned (despite them not being people, and having neither memories nor imagination)
Almost every Diend summon shows traits from the original characters. In that movie itself, you can see Caucasus carrying his flower and Ouja with his usual mannerisms. In the tv show later, some summons actually get dialogue, and one even appears out of suit. They're complete copies of the Riders under Diend's control, not just mindless drones.

Quote:
The only problem is that they never clearly stated that these worlds are "twisted" and that they replaced the old ones. It can be assumed later on; and it makes sense that while extensive changes to the past caused original Riders to "detach",
I don't think the Decade worlds were ever intended to be the original worlds twisted somehow in the context of the show itself. In the finale we get an original version and a Decade version character walking around at the same time in different locations.

Not to mention that Yuusuke's world is restored at the end and he's still around, alongside a grave for Yashiru, not replaced by Godai.

From a meta context, they're twists on the original series, but, inside Decade's setting itself, they're just various parallel worlds that resemble each other but are unconnected. Some of them do have phenomenons changing them somehow, like Gamio awakening in Kuuga and Ryotaro becoming a child, but the series never implies that there was a bigger phenomenon changing basic characteristics of the worlds to the point of people's history and memories changing.

Anyway, Den-O world had some gimmicks. Imagin possessions produced completely new outfits, and they also dropped the whole "Imagin as Den-O without a host" that was used in the final few episodes of the tv show and the Final Countdown movie. In the tv show episodes, they also seemingly drop the whole "contract" part of the Imagins, although it's back for the movie. I guess they intended to make it more divergent, but gave up on that due to attempting to tie it in with the movie.

Quote:
The most obvious ones were that their respective season finales didn't happen, obviously, since the villains were still around.
The main villains in both series promised that they'd return at the end of their shows though. The Creation King because he was pure evil and would exist as long as there was evil in the world, and the Crisis Emperor because "Crisis" turned out to be just an alternate Earth - so as long as the possibility of it existing remained, with humanity continuing its path, they'd still be reborn somewhere, and Earth itself would one day become just like Crisis.

Black RX World easily works as a sequel to RX - especially considering how Shuvarian claims to be the commander of the Crisis forces, which makes them different from the tv show ones. Black World fits in as a sequel to Black, if RX never happened. They even avoided recasting Joe the Haze after they were unable to bring his actor back - which led to that awkward moment where Black Kotaro mentioned him even though he was nowhere to be seen.

Besides, they seem to keep both Black and RX around in all crossovers now, as different characters, so Decade's approach to them seems to be basically Toei's official take now.

Quote:
Add also their pivotal appearance in KR vs SS.
"Pivotal Appearance"? Of the Den-O crew there? According to the spoilers out so far, before the big battle at the end with everyone, they only get one scene.

Last edited by SmashZ; April 19th, 2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old April 19th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #4231
Lt. Cmdr. Radner
eBay

Trying to get through episode 4 of KR555 now and I have to say this is a tough episode. I have to stop every couple of scenes to rant at HOW EVIL ALL THE PEOPLE AROUND YUKA are. Seriously, I'm gonna probably have to play some seriously violent video games after this episode because of how ANGRY this is making me. MAY ALL THESE BITCHES ROT IN HADES ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

I HATE THIS EPISODE!

Last edited by Lt. Cmdr. Radner; April 19th, 2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old April 19th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #4232
McAster
I engage in motion

The more emoticons you use, the less people will bother to read what you say. Just a bit of advice.

Also that is the message of 555, everyone is sooner or later a jerk and will die. I hope you enjoy misunderstandings that cause problems, because that's what you'll be experiencing soon.

-------------------

They really need to make another game like Kamen Rider Kabuto got or port that. Still a fun title, but it sadly does not play on my PS3 and I'm not buying a PS2 just for it.
Real shame too as it's the best of the 3D world games.
Old April 19th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #4233
Lt. Cmdr. Radner
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAster View Post

Also that is the message of 555, everyone is sooner or later a jerk and will die. I hope you enjoy misunderstandings that cause problems, because that's what you'll be experiencing soon.
Jerk I get, everyone is one at some point. But Yuka's parents, sister, and schoolmates were just plain cruel. Their actions would probably make Dexter Morgan look at them and say, "Regular people do this, and I think I'm the monster?"
Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:52 AM   #4234
Apollo
Oh Well!

I have been re-watching Blade and am a bit confused with the ending, originally Hajime needed the spirit and Chalice cards to supress joker, then as the series progressed he needed all 13 card however neither Kenzaki or Hajime have cards (Minus spirit) so how are either of them supressing their true nature?
Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:08 PM   #4235
JediMB
VIP Ranger

Wasn't that exactly why Kenzaki left at the end? Because if they were around each other, their Joker natures would force them to fight each other?
Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:10 PM   #4236
Apollo
Oh Well!

Even with that though I thought Hajime needed cards to keep control. Unless since there was only one other Undead left and that they were so far away meant he did not need them.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:28 PM   #4237
timegold
Imagin Nation

I'm up to Decade 23.

Back when Decade used Den-O cards, all they did was give him the Imagins' poses and lines, and play the music. A rather useless power, and a bit unexpected.

As it turns out, Tsukasa was being manipulated by Otoya of the Nega World; the purpose of traveling through the nine worlds was to reach that world and turn Tsukasa into an evil Rider. It didn't work as the nine worlds taught him to be heroic, improving each world while passing through.

Diend is portrayed in a more sympathetic light; instead of being just a thief and treasure hunter, he's also trying to restore societal order and free the humans in his own world. His conflict with his own brother drives him out of this world, though. It's kind of an odd choice, seeking treasure to fill a void of a familial fallout. And now he'll seek treasure in the Shinkenger world.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:25 PM   #4238
Chiron723
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by timegold View Post
I'm up to Decade 23.

Back when Decade used Den-O cards, all they did was give him the Imagins' poses and lines, and play the music. A rather useless power, and a bit unexpected.
That was the joke. And honestly it fit with the Imagins personalities. They didn't have skills per say, just preferences to different weapons. I firmly believe that all the stuff they do to make themselves look cool, the catch phrases are a part of that.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:49 PM   #4239
Merlin
Blazing Splendour

Decade has Rod, Ax, and Gun Form Ride cards, so he can still use the powers properly, as in Ep 19 against Hibiki. He just doesn't have to be possessed by an Imagin to use them.

The catch phrase cards in Kabuto are Attack Ride cards. I suppose he would have to be in Den-O World where the Imagin are to use them properly, because he seemed to be waiting for them to possess him. But it makes them redundant joke cards if he can access forms without possession anyway.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:55 PM   #4240
timegold
Imagin Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron723 View Post
That was the joke.
I'm aware of that; I was just saying the joke was unexpected. (Carranger had a useless Grand Power in Gokaiger, but Carranger and Den-O are vastly different.)
Closed Thread

Tags
a lot is two words