RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > Merchandise Discussion

Old April 10th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #10081
redranger7
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocky Bandit View Post
Really? The mega blade? Not last year's spin sword?
yes it is the megablade i didn't get last years spinsword because it sucked bad. i wouldn't even get if it's $1
redranger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #10082
Angelbear01
The Red Triforian Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny13777 View Post
I'm just glad we're not seeing 40 different versions of rangers transforming into things. I still see some of the crap RPM had in stores and it's just awful. I really do think Samurai has been a HUGE step up from previous lines.
Honestly, I think that the overall RPM figure line flat out sucked. The only good thing about that line was the 10 Ranger figures we got. (Core 5, Wings and Paleo Rangers), and the Megazords, which were pretty nice to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix12345 View Post
Yeah, the Samurai line really is cutting down on the repainted crap that nobody would actually buy in favor of unique gimmicks that aren't too ridiculous and gear that's actually in the show. Remember the Overdrive line? *Shudders* Gotta love their attempts at original Green and Orange Rangers. "Okay guys, we're gonna make new Green and Orange Rangers for the kids to buy. Make sure to leave the helmets Red and Black so the kids can appreciate the dual color scheme." XD
I noticed that ever since DinoThunder's toyline ended, all of the other seasons from then until Samurai were incorporating repaints of other figures into items like their action sets, which in turn came from previous action sets. Look at the Overdrive Action Sets. A good bit of them had recycled figures. One thing that I miss greatly is the Megazord playsets we'd get, like in Space, Turbo and even Zeo.

Which is another area that I'd like to see Samurai move in on. Create mini playset versions of the Folding Zords, which each could come with a 1 inch tall Mega Ranger, Villain, and micro version of the Zord. Get all 5 main sets together and combine them to make a Samurai Megazord mini figure. I think it'd be cool to see that, and then have a Clawzord playset as well. Honestly, there are a lot of areas that Bandai could explore, but then again, its up to their discretion on what is made and what isn't. I'm just happy with the overall results we've gotten so far, especially since there was a lot of doubt at first about the Bullzord getting a release, and then it did.
Angelbear01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 02:06 AM   #10083
TheNewGuy
Not so "new" after all.

Don't know if this is old news or not. Times Square's Toys "R" Us has the Super Samurai display up front in the lobby. The standees are guys only this time around. The symbols are gone. It's just a standard orange wallpaper with the Super Samurai logo. As for merch, it's your standard fare. 4 inch figs, Wii games, leftover Figuarts, every Zord that's out now, etc. Nothing new except for childrens' apparel.
TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #10084
MysteryRanger
SentaiRanger

Only new thing I have seen at my TRU outside of the one and only one "Power Cards book" (that I bought) is the Red Ranger Dress Up Set for $17.97.
MysteryRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #10085
Destiny13777
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Don't know if this is old news or not. Times Square's Toys "R" Us has the Super Samurai display up front in the lobby. The standees are guys only this time around. The symbols are gone. It's just a standard orange wallpaper with the Super Samurai logo. As for merch, it's your standard fare. 4 inch figs, Wii games, leftover Figuarts, every Zord that's out now, etc. Nothing new except for childrens' apparel.
You said it was guys only? I went today and there was all 5, with red being super. Regardless I might pot some pics after I go to the Kid Icarus Uprising demo event and Nintendo World tomorrow. I'm surprised that they didn't have the bull this time though. One thing they did have though is that poster that was shown off a while back. May pick that up tomorrow.
Destiny13777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #10086
SlayerX11
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Which "leftover Figuarts" do they still have? I've been looking for Gold for awhile.
SlayerX11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #10087
Destiny13777
Power Ranger

Although I'm not TheNewGuy, I can answer that for you, they have like 4 golds there, but it's up on the second floor display near all of the DC toys, not at the front display, as that is just a buncha reds.
Old April 13th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #10088
dekablue25
db25 from ranger review

in the front only 1 gold i didnt bother going to the 2nd floor really but the display is almost the same as when samurai first aired now just with SUPER Samurai on it surprising not alot of megazords compared to before but im guessing they are still working on it.also its not the Kid Icarus demo event at the Nintendo World Store its the multiplayer event they are having.Gamestop is doing the demo event.I'll still be at the nintendo world store playing at the event lol.
dekablue25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #10089
Destiny13777
Power Ranger

Oh no I meant I was going to the KIU demo event (derped hard, damn laptop said it was the 14th today) and then to nintendo world since I was going to take pics of the upstairs display, should have cleared that up lol.

Might as well add it to this post,

You could see the same image reversed as well outside. The logo was the only PR thing about that whole setup.

Last edited by Destiny13777; April 13th, 2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #10090
rangerthunder72
Power Ranger

Haven't been hunting for anything new in a while. I need to formulate a new plan. The only things I may buy from stores while hunting will probably be restricted to Zords only. As for figures, I think pre-ordering a case might be the way to go for me, since I have started doing custom figures.
rangerthunder72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 02:09 AM   #10091
dekablue25
db25 from ranger review

at the times square TRU they moved almost everything around.beyblades have a new section now.the toy story 3 display is now the other side where the pr toys use to be its now pokemon toys and they really much moved the 2nd floor power rangers to the side near candy land with the other toys like simpsons and other random things.
dekablue25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 02:17 AM   #10092
Autobot032
Power Ranger

I'm antsy to see new stuff. C'mon Bandai... lol
Autobot032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #10093
Henshin_King
Pack leader

question....in that sign why are the rangers mirrored, but the text is not, infact the whole postition of the team is mirrored
Henshin_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #10094
raz
razzle1337.tumblr.com
eBay

Probably because flipping the whole display would look awkward with their visors. If Pink was behind yellow, the kanji sticking out the edge might not look right.
raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #10095
The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?

When I got my Godson the Red Shogun Ranger toy, they had a Hydro Bow that actually shot water, which I thought was neat idea for the summer months.
The 2nd Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #10096
Henshin_King
Pack leader

im sry tru, i have a background in promotions in a retail setting, the item, or show based item you are advertising should match the show 100% perfectly, for example a kid sees on the window the shiba symble is on the left of the suit in this display

but the toy has the symbol on the left, might think it as a fake, or knock-off

therefore the signage should look like this
amba0159 by gekirintouja, on Flickr
Henshin_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #10097
MegaBlue
#Kodapendent

Disney used to mirror the SPD Rangers on the DVD packaging. It's nothing new. Whoever made the display probably assumed that the suits were symmetric and, thus, could flip the photo with no problem.
MegaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 03:24 AM   #10098
Fat D
Power Ranger

Assuming the Y-pattern on the suits is designed to resemble a kimono, according to this recent post on Fandom Base, reversing the way a kimono is tied is used for the dead. Yes, you are looking at posing Samurai Zombies here.
Fat D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #10099
Aquaslash
Super Mega Time!
eBay

I was wondering what those bands were for. That makes perfect sense. The More You Know, etc
Aquaslash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #10100
raz
razzle1337.tumblr.com
eBay

Wow i never thought of that and now it is pretty obvious.
raz is offline   Reply With Quote