RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > Merchandise Discussion

Closed Thread

Old March 16th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #8421
Random
The Lizard Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRanger99 View Post
Perhaps zyuranger will be a U.S. exclusive once the 20th anniversary begins?
Since Toei are helping out with the 20th Anniversary, it's not out of the question to think they might do Zyuranger to go along with that (it was still quite popular in Japan). But they definitely wouldn't be exclusive and if the Shinkenger ones haven't been doing well, it's unlikely they'll try and bring more to the US at all (and what would happen with Tiger Ranger?). So yeah, don't hold your breath..
Old March 16th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #8422
Taureneo
Yabba Dabba Bitch

I'd wait and see how well Daizyujin does before even considering whether Zyuranger figures are on the way or not.
Old March 16th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #8423
Xenotome
☿♂♃♀

Quote:
Originally Posted by GokaiMika View Post
Since Toei are helping out with the 20th Anniversary, it's not out of the question to think they might do Zyuranger to go along with that (it was still quite popular in Japan). But they definitely wouldn't be exclusive and if the Shinkenger ones haven't been doing well, it's unlikely they'll try and bring more to the US at all (and what would happen with Tiger Ranger?). So yeah, don't hold your breath..
Toei doesn't make the toys or pay for them. Just because they're assisting Saban doesn't mean they're going to be able get Tamashii to make Figuarts of Zyuranger before they want to.
Old March 16th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #8424
Random
The Lizard Queen

I won't pretend to know how it all works, but surely there's some kind of collaboration between them? For example, I'd imagine they're under some kind of deadline to get the Go-busters figuarts out sooner rather than later.
Old March 16th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #8425
Xenotome
☿♂♃♀

Quote:
Originally Posted by GokaiMika View Post
I won't pretend to know how it all works, but surely there's some kind of collaboration between them? For example, I'd imagine they're under some kind of deadline to get the Go-busters figuarts out sooner rather than later.
A deadline from Bandai probably, but not from Toei. Gokaiger didn't even get released until the fall.
Old March 16th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #8426
SanjuroJoe
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ranger View Post
Like the above posts are trying to convey in less direct terms, BoJ couldn't give a $#!t less about any country outside Japan.
Agreed, but nevertheless bluefin has played a role in international figure markets. They've been quite active in polling american fans where it concerns DBZ figuarts. I see no reason why the same couldn't happen for sentai as just about any incarnation of the power rangers is just as popular as DBZ here. Despite the naysaying, I'm sure zyuranger is happening at some point. Me personally, I am holding out for bioman. All in all though those awesome customs you make of zyuranger are probably giving you a bias as it concerns the rest of us owning them!
Old March 17th, 2012, 02:27 AM   #8427
King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuroJoe View Post
All in all though those awesome customs you make of zyuranger are probably giving you a bias as it concerns the rest of us owning them!
Oh I wouldn't mind if they did Zyuranger figuarts, it would make my life easier. I would much rather buy a figure than take the time to make one regardless of how good it turns out. And who said you couldn't own these zyurangers I'm making? For the right price, anyone could have a set.

Hell, I already have a set of Bioman helmets, right here, waiting to become a team of figuarts, as well. However, I am currently making my own Great Legendary Figuarts War and finishing shields so no commissions right now.
Old March 17th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #8428
SanjuroJoe
Power Ranger

Quote:
Oh I wouldn't mind if they did Zyuranger figuarts, it would make my life easier. I would much rather buy a figure than take the time to make one regardless of how good it turns out. And who said you couldn't own these zyurangers I'm making? For the right price, anyone could have a set.

Hell, I already have a set of Bioman helmets, right here, waiting to become a team of figuarts, as well. However, I am currently making my own Great Legendary Figuarts War and finishing shields so no commissions right now.
Regardless of whether you are taking commissions, I hope you keep us updated with pics if you have bioman in the works. That is one that bandai might take a bit of time getting to...but maybe not, its only the best sentai ever.
Old March 17th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #8429
King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy
eBay

Quote:
Regardless of whether you are taking commissions, I hope you keep us updated with pics if you have bioman in the works. That is one that bandai might take a bit of time getting to...but maybe not, its only the best sentai ever.
No worries I'll take some preview shots with the Bioman heads on figuarts bodies so you can see I mean business

What I'm really hoping for with the announcement of the Dekaranger figuarts, though, is Dekamaster. That's going to save me a HUGE pain in the rear of work.
Old March 17th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #8430
SanjuroJoe
Power Ranger

Quote:
No worries I'll take some preview shots with the Bioman heads on figuarts bodies so you can see I mean business

What I'm really hoping for with the announcement of the Dekaranger figuarts, though, is Dekamaster. That's going to save me a HUGE pain in the rear of work.
Yeah, I would think dekamaster would be a given. I'm hoping we get word of a release date for those. I'm pretty much done with gokaiger except for pink and silver so I'm going to be fiending for a sentai figuarts fix soon.
Old March 17th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #8431
System
Wait, what?

Quote:
I'm pretty much done with gokaiger except for pink and silver so I'm going to be fiending for a sentai figuarts fix soon.
Haha, I know exactly how you feel. I bought my last Sentai figuart in January, and have been buying all riders since than. As much as I love my rider figs, my Sentai shelf on my display case is starting to get lonely

Last edited by System; March 18th, 2012 at 03:06 AM.
Old March 18th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #8432
SONIC RANGER!!!
all alone... til dead.

When should we be hearing and seeing more info on the Dekaranger Figuarts that were shown late 2011?
Old March 18th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #8433
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

There should be more pictures at a summer festival/toy expo right? Probably what they come with and maybe a hint at an exclusive.

We're due for our "WTF!? that's coming out too! take my wallet BOJ" moment
Old March 21st, 2012, 06:37 PM   #8434
Aquaslash
Super Mega Time!
eBay

I'm seeing the Gokai boys on ebay for roughly $45 shipped (give or take a few bucks). Is that a fair price for them? If so, I too, may start getting in on this.
Old March 21st, 2012, 06:51 PM   #8435
Lord Zedd08
Earth Will Be Mine

That's not a bad price.

I know that board member Ryuu_Ranger on here is selling them and he's in the U.S.

Might want to check with him.
Old March 21st, 2012, 07:06 PM   #8436
Aquaslash
Super Mega Time!
eBay

I'll do that! I usually like to check on here before going to retailers anyway. Always wanna help other boarders out
Old March 21st, 2012, 08:25 PM   #8437
Ewwiikk
武装戦線

Yeah, I don't want to try and cross-sell in here since that's frowned upon. BUT I have Red, Blue and Green with their respective Darin's in my thread. Just PM me if you're interested.
Old March 21st, 2012, 11:56 PM   #8438
Skiks
Power Ranger

Incoming Toei Hero Exclusive Shocker Rider
Old March 22nd, 2012, 12:10 AM   #8439
Ewwiikk
武装戦線

YES! I'm gonna buy six!
Old March 22nd, 2012, 06:20 AM   #8440
OPTICS
As Brothers...
32 eBay

Piccolo.... in case you guys missed him.

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban959914

¥2,800 = $33.58
Closed Thread