RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > Merchandise Discussion


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #8421
Random
The Lizard Queen
 
Random's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRanger99 View Post
Perhaps zyuranger will be a U.S. exclusive once the 20th anniversary begins?
Since Toei are helping out with the 20th Anniversary, it's not out of the question to think they might do Zyuranger to go along with that (it was still quite popular in Japan). But they definitely wouldn't be exclusive and if the Shinkenger ones haven't been doing well, it's unlikely they'll try and bring more to the US at all (and what would happen with Tiger Ranger?). So yeah, don't hold your breath..
Random is offline  
Old March 16th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #8422
Taureneo
Yabba Dabba Bitch
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,886
I'd wait and see how well Daizyujin does before even considering whether Zyuranger figures are on the way or not.
Taureneo is offline  
Old March 16th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #8423
Xenotome
☿♂♃♀
 
Xenotome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by GokaiMika View Post
Since Toei are helping out with the 20th Anniversary, it's not out of the question to think they might do Zyuranger to go along with that (it was still quite popular in Japan). But they definitely wouldn't be exclusive and if the Shinkenger ones haven't been doing well, it's unlikely they'll try and bring more to the US at all (and what would happen with Tiger Ranger?). So yeah, don't hold your breath..
Toei doesn't make the toys or pay for them. Just because they're assisting Saban doesn't mean they're going to be able get Tamashii to make Figuarts of Zyuranger before they want to.
Xenotome is online now  
Old March 16th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #8424
Random
The Lizard Queen
 
Random's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 805
I won't pretend to know how it all works, but surely there's some kind of collaboration between them? For example, I'd imagine they're under some kind of deadline to get the Go-busters figuarts out sooner rather than later.
Random is offline  
Old March 16th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #8425
Xenotome
☿♂♃♀
 
Xenotome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by GokaiMika View Post
I won't pretend to know how it all works, but surely there's some kind of collaboration between them? For example, I'd imagine they're under some kind of deadline to get the Go-busters figuarts out sooner rather than later.
A deadline from Bandai probably, but not from Toei. Gokaiger didn't even get released until the fall.
Xenotome is online now  
Old March 16th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #8426
SanjuroJoe
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ranger View Post
Like the above posts are trying to convey in less direct terms, BoJ couldn't give a $#!t less about any country outside Japan.
Agreed, but nevertheless bluefin has played a role in international figure markets. They've been quite active in polling american fans where it concerns DBZ figuarts. I see no reason why the same couldn't happen for sentai as just about any incarnation of the power rangers is just as popular as DBZ here. Despite the naysaying, I'm sure zyuranger is happening at some point. Me personally, I am holding out for bioman. All in all though those awesome customs you make of zyuranger are probably giving you a bias as it concerns the rest of us owning them!
SanjuroJoe is offline  
Old March 17th, 2012, 02:27 AM   #8427
King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy
eBay
 
King Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuroJoe View Post
All in all though those awesome customs you make of zyuranger are probably giving you a bias as it concerns the rest of us owning them!
Oh I wouldn't mind if they did Zyuranger figuarts, it would make my life easier. I would much rather buy a figure than take the time to make one regardless of how good it turns out. And who said you couldn't own these zyurangers I'm making? For the right price, anyone could have a set.

Hell, I already have a set of Bioman helmets, right here, waiting to become a team of figuarts, as well. However, I am currently making my own Great Legendary Figuarts War and finishing shields so no commissions right now.
King Ranger is offline  
Old March 17th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #8428
SanjuroJoe
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ranger View Post
Oh I wouldn't mind if they did Zyuranger figuarts, it would make my life easier. I would much rather buy a figure than take the time to make one regardless of how good it turns out. And who said you couldn't own these zyurangers I'm making? For the right price, anyone could have a set.

Hell, I already have a set of Bioman helmets, right here, waiting to become a team of figuarts, as well. However, I am currently making my own Great Legendary Figuarts War and finishing shields so no commissions right now.
Regardless of whether you are taking commissions, I hope you keep us updated with pics if you have bioman in the works. That is one that bandai might take a bit of time getting to...but maybe not, its only the best sentai ever.
SanjuroJoe is offline  
Old March 17th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #8429
King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy
eBay
 
King Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuroJoe View Post
Regardless of whether you are taking commissions, I hope you keep us updated with pics if you have bioman in the works. That is one that bandai might take a bit of time getting to...but maybe not, its only the best sentai ever.
No worries I'll take some preview shots with the Bioman heads on figuarts bodies so you can see I mean business

What I'm really hoping for with the announcement of the Dekaranger figuarts, though, is Dekamaster. That's going to save me a HUGE pain in the rear of work.
King Ranger is offline  
Old March 17th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #8430
SanjuroJoe
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ranger View Post
No worries I'll take some preview shots with the Bioman heads on figuarts bodies so you can see I mean business

What I'm really hoping for with the announcement of the Dekaranger figuarts, though, is Dekamaster. That's going to save me a HUGE pain in the rear of work.
Yeah, I would think dekamaster would be a given. I'm hoping we get word of a release date for those. I'm pretty much done with gokaiger except for pink and silver so I'm going to be fiending for a sentai figuarts fix soon.
SanjuroJoe is offline  
Old March 17th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #8431
System
Wait, what?
 
System's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuroJoe View Post
I'm pretty much done with gokaiger except for pink and silver so I'm going to be fiending for a sentai figuarts fix soon.
Haha, I know exactly how you feel. I bought my last Sentai figuart in January, and have been buying all riders since than. As much as I love my rider figs, my Sentai shelf on my display case is starting to get lonely

Last edited by System; March 18th, 2012 at 03:06 AM.
System is offline  
Old March 18th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #8432
SONIC RANGER!!!
all alone... til dead.
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,542
When should we be hearing and seeing more info on the Dekaranger Figuarts that were shown late 2011?
SONIC RANGER!!! is offline  
Old March 18th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #8433
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 20,840
There should be more pictures at a summer festival/toy expo right? Probably what they come with and maybe a hint at an exclusive.

We're due for our "WTF!? that's coming out too! take my wallet BOJ" moment
Gold Samurai is offline  
Old March 21st, 2012, 06:37 PM   #8434
Aquaslash
Super Mega Time!
eBay
 
Aquaslash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,753
I'm seeing the Gokai boys on ebay for roughly $45 shipped (give or take a few bucks). Is that a fair price for them? If so, I too, may start getting in on this.
Aquaslash is offline  
Old March 21st, 2012, 06:51 PM   #8435
Lord Zedd08
Earth Will Be Mine
32
 
Lord Zedd08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,725
That's not a bad price.

I know that board member Ryuu_Ranger on here is selling them and he's in the U.S.

Might want to check with him.
Lord Zedd08 is offline  
Old March 21st, 2012, 07:06 PM   #8436
Aquaslash
Super Mega Time!
eBay
 
Aquaslash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,753
I'll do that! I usually like to check on here before going to retailers anyway. Always wanna help other boarders out
Aquaslash is offline  
Old March 21st, 2012, 08:25 PM   #8437
Ewwiikk
武装戦線
32
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,073
Yeah, I don't want to try and cross-sell in here since that's frowned upon. BUT I have Red, Blue and Green with their respective Darin's in my thread. Just PM me if you're interested.
Ewwiikk is offline  
Old March 21st, 2012, 11:56 PM   #8438
Skiks
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,353

Incoming Toei Hero Exclusive Shocker Rider
Skiks is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2012, 12:10 AM   #8439
Ewwiikk
武装戦線
32
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,073
YES! I'm gonna buy six!
Ewwiikk is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2012, 06:20 AM   #8440
OPTICS
As Brothers...
32 eBay
 
OPTICS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,250
Piccolo.... in case you guys missed him.

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban959914

¥2,800 = $33.58
OPTICS is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.