RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > Merchandise Discussion

Old September 9th, 2009, 10:32 PM   #161
DekaPrime
TimeLord

Well the BBY I work at got a box of 9 DVD's. I got mine sunday night (under strict "Tell anyone and I'll decapitate you rules". . .my new boss is a bit odd). Got home poped it in and fell in love all over again. I wasn't a fan of the "Ranger Yellow" episodes when it first came out but having "Ranger Blue" on DVD more then makes up for it. Strange thing though, DVD 1 had "Speedor" on the menu and DVD 2 has "Bus-On" however the spines had yellow and green. Doesn't matter any way when the whole series is out I'm going to put them in a big case anyway. So of the 8 copies that went out to the shelf on tuesday I saw only 2 left when I came in today. I'm hopeing that means good news.
DekaPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #162
Matt C
VIP Ranger

Well, RPM v.2 is #96 in the "Kids & Family" television section on Amazon.com. And the somewhat limited release in B&M stores is working in its favor...

I know I sound like a broken record but seriously, the best deal for RPM v.2 is at Toys 'R' Us (at least for those who have one). Again, if you can find a $6 coupon on your store's copies of RPM v.2, you essentially get the second PR DVD for free at TRU.

I haven't seen new PR DVDs this cheap at B&M stores. Ever.
Matt C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 04:48 PM   #163
Matt C
VIP Ranger

Watched RPM v.2 today. PQ and audio is same as the first volume; nothing to complain about. Everything works like it should (5 chapter stops apiece; optional English subtitles on all of the episodes). The disc itself is fine and plays beautifully, but I really miss having bonus material on these things.
Old September 11th, 2009, 01:59 PM   #164
Citrus
#fitnessyear2014

At my local movie shop, RPM v2 was set to be 24.95, it was on sale the day iut came out. Got it for 18.

Then got a cinabon
Citrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #165
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
eBay

Am I the only one disappointed "Doctor K" wasnt part of Vol 2? They've done six episodes per DVD before, with previous releases.
GoldAnyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #166
Storm Eagle
eoPrw aegnRr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAnyRanger View Post
Am I the only one disappointed "Doctor K" wasn't part of Vol 2? They've done six episodes per DVD before, with previous releases.
I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't part of volume 2, since all the other episodes on it were the background episodes. But hey, I'll live. I just hope that perhaps all the other episodes will make it to DVD.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:00 PM   #167
DarkRanger99
Ougon Kishi
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRdude View Post
I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't part of volume 2, since all the other episodes on it were the background episodes. But hey, I'll live. I just hope that perhaps all the other episodes will make it to DVD.
I think they just wanted all the "Ranger" episodes on one disc, and then move on to the next dvd.
DarkRanger99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 09:31 PM   #168
deadamericanradio
Power Ranger

I picked up volume one and two today from TRU. I didn't think they'd be better quality than dekabroken's dl's, but i was blown away. I'd gladly get the whole series if it's released
deadamericanradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2009, 01:10 AM   #169
peas_and_corn
The Wannabe Ranger

While having DVDs of RPM is nice, I'm a little frustrated about the sheer number of copyright notices/videos and trailers that play. Yeah you can fast forward them, but it's still annoying.
peas_and_corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2009, 09:42 PM   #170
Matt C
VIP Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by peas_and_corn View Post
While having DVDs of RPM is nice, I'm a little frustrated about the sheer number of copyright notices/videos and trailers that play. Yeah you can fast forward them, but it's still annoying.
You don't have to fast-forward through the trailers. On the RPM volumes you have the option of hitting the "menu" button while the BVHE logo emerges, and you go right to the copyright notices/disclaimers. Those can't be skipped, though.

And the great news about MMPR's resurrection had me thinking about the $6 coupon offer on RPM v.2 (which expires at the end of April). Does that mean we'll actually get more volumes of RPM to help promote MMPR's return? Furthermore, does that mean we'll get a U.S. DVD release of MMPR in the summer time?

Just throwing speculation out there...
Old October 2nd, 2009, 09:50 PM   #171
DekaPrime
TimeLord

well I contacted BVHE yesterday just kind of giveing them a "Hey guys great job on the DVD's but please don't leave us hanging." My local ABC station doesn't play RPM and aside form here on RB dvd's are the only way me and my little nephew can watch this show. anywho here's the response I got from them this evening.

Shawn,

Thank you for your email regarding Power Rangers RPM Volume 3: MASTERING THE MACHINES. We value your interest in Buena Vista Home Entertainment movies.

At this time, we do not have a DVD release date for this title.

We will forward your request for release to our Marketing Department for consideration.

Please visit our website at www.video.com for a list of titles that are currently available.

Regards,
BVHE Consumer Relations

well it is very cool to see that V3 has a title it is kind of worrysome that they say there is no relese date for the DVD. I hope that they put all of this out on dvd it's kind of become a saturday tradition with me and my nephew to watch RPM and then to watch the TVN subs for Sentai and Kamen Rider but we really want them on dvd. Specialy since he's moving over seas and may not be able to get to RB to download. (my brother is in the millitary they seem to be kind of strick on what you can and cannot download)
DekaPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 04:24 PM   #172
Matt C
VIP Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linear Ranger View Post

Also of note is confirmation of 2 NEW RPM DVDs coming out later this year, but only available on Amazon.com
I hope this means they'll be factory pressed, and not something like on-demand burned DVD-Rs (like some of the Nickelodeon shows like "Just Add Water"). If that's the case, I am not buying the other two volumes.
Old October 15th, 2009, 06:37 PM   #173
Linear Ranger
The Protector

Here's the small advertisement from the back cover of the Disney Store free DVD.

Linear Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 06:40 PM   #174
SapphireBlue
Power Ranger

^ Woohoo

But why is it exclusive to Amazon?
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 06:40 PM   #175
Judge Joker
Summon The Circle!

Sexy.
Judge Joker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 06:43 PM   #176
Linear Ranger
The Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireBlue View Post
^ Woohoo

But why is it exclusive to Amazon?
My guess would be that Amazon sold the most copies of the previous discs, so instead of doing the usual mass retail release, Buena Vista Home Entertainment decided to just go with Amazon.
Linear Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 07:10 PM   #177
Matt C
VIP Ranger

Or it could be a month-long exclusive deal, like Best Buy did with some Paramount and Fox releases before it goes to regular retail stores.
Old October 15th, 2009, 07:44 PM   #178
PR 4ever
Power Ranger

awesome news...im so excited. Hopefully we will get the complete season..but hey! 4 volumes is better than only 2 lol.....looks like the dvd sales are doing better than jungle fury lol
PR 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 07:59 PM   #179
Blue Dolphin
Power Ranger

If they are releasing Volumes 3 and 4.. I would think they would release Volume 5 later on. Are the episodes on the DVDs so far in order? I might have to pick up these...
Blue Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 08:13 PM   #180
Citrus
#fitnessyear2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linear Ranger View Post
Here's the small advertisement from the back cover of the Disney Store free DVD.

WOO! Sickness!

Thanks Linear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dolphin View Post
If they are releasing Volumes 3 and 4.. I would think they would release Volume 5 later on. Are the episodes on the DVDs so far in order? I might have to pick up these...
Yeah everything is fine so far (lets hope they keep it that way)

The only change from the show is that the last episode on volume 1 has an ending credit/instrumental theme.
Citrus is online now   Reply With Quote