3 - Fair 27 16.56%
4 - Good 65 39.88%
5 - Excellent 70 42.94%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 23rd, 2009, 02:41 AM   #261
Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Agreed 100%.

There are so many ways in which a situation like this could be written, which would be totally different from what people seem to just automatically assume would happen.

This actually reminds me of the old argument that "they'll never be able to adapt" some sentai idea into PR, and then a few months later, they do it brilliantly and no one even notices. Because they use a little creativity, and aren't locked into some limited concept based on what they assume is "the only way" to do something.

Again, I don't expect the show to end with a time-reversal, but there's a massive wealth of dramatic potential, and if they just excercised their imaginations for more than 3 seconds, it could be a very satisfying way to end it for me.
Multiple Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 06:34 AM   #262
Jiraiya
PAIN IS PAINFUL

back right before RPM aired or even details we're given a small group of UK cosplayers had an idea to film a short fanfilm adapted from Go-onger.

Now as luck would have it most of our joke's Refrences and even a few of the scenes we wrote popped up.

the chicken zord jokes, alot of the fight scenes in fact there was a very good joke that we penned for Thomson101 when he was going to be green go-onger. "you'll never see a scottish blue ranger". 3 months down the line and our first Scottish blue ranger.

our film has several diffrences where an ex ranger has corrupted the morphing grid and is popping off all the rangers but the last surviving memebers are able to puch a time hole small enough for either a person or an object to be sent back to warn thier past selves.

maybe it won't be a total time reversal but a messege is sent back to try and sort out the mess, the rangers will fail and the world wil be venjix's

Then just at the last moment the rangers and a small band of past rangers fight off the invasion and the end of the series ends with the good guys beating the bad guys and everything returning back to it's original time line.

I hate time travel it hurt's my head
Jiraiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 08:50 AM   #263
TommyLeePark
Power Ranger

I agree. Time travel = head ache. lol
Maybe something like in LG. Corinth rangers would destroy Venjix, and then everyone would come out of the dome and look around, thinking what they are supposed to do now. Truman says they are the last people on earth and they have a responsibility of re-populating the planet again (lot's of room for jokes with Summer/Dillon and Dr. K/Ziggy), but then people from other places would start to appear from all directions (even other ranger teams that were also fighting Venjix) and Scott would say "Yeah, but this is not a responsibility we will have to face alone" and would smile and run to greet the newcomers. And then we would have the black screen "Power Rangers, RPM".

However, I have no doubt that the end Eddie was thinking about was different of the one we will get. His vision of PR is totally different from Lynn's. And somehow, I would like to see what Eddie had in store for us. Because it would be different... But oh well, I guess we will have to do with Lynn's. Not that much of a bad thing =)
TommyLeePark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 12:19 PM   #264
Poweranimals
Iron Mouse!

Hopefully Eddie will tell us his version of RPM's ending after the show finishes.
Poweranimals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 02:25 PM   #265
..Red X..
not an evil x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNinja View Post
Different Ranger systems work on different laws. Zordon was clearly onto a lot more than he let on, whereas K is scraping along with what she can. (And we are not getting Rangers for the dino trains.)
I guess, but I still thought the reasoning behind the failure to connect the zords was a little weird. I mean, to say that the zords couldn't connect to the grid based on extinction is clearly false, based on what we've seen from Zordon's era. I understand that maybe she didn't know how to do it until later, and that ranger systems differ, but the grid is the grid. She was just wrong the first time.
..Red X.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 02:30 PM   #266
Knuckles
3x3 Eyes

To be honest, I just couldn't bring myself to love this episode. There was just so much amazing potential that was completely lost during it's actual execution.

One of the initial points that I didn't like was the fact that such important information / weaponry was STILL available in the remnants of Alphabet Soup. For someone as smart as Dr K, you would have thought that she would have retrieved everything from there at some point after establishing the rangers. Which leads directly on to the set up of the episode which felt like a complete rehash of the whalezord (or whatever it is called) scenario. (Venjix has, manipulate biofields, now it's ours, blah blah blah). I suppose you could call that 'nice' continuity, but it just felt like a complete rehash, albeit on a much lower, and less dramatic, scale.

Then there's Truman. It just felt so completely out of character for him to let it go so easily. A brief conversation and that's it? That's all you have to say to K? Blah. It would have been so much better if it was a much more grudging reluctance. Say, if Scott was directly in danger, then the episode plays out as usual with him seeing the photo of his dead son, yada yada yada. And then that grudging acceptance leading to K having to rebuild trust with Truman. But no, it seems (at the moment at least) it was all resolved and blown under the carpet in a matter of mere minutes.

This information was kept from Truman (and the citizens of Corinth for that matter) since the beginning of the show. This should have been a much more impacting storyline, instead of just being sidelined into a mere whisper. That was just so disappointing.

And (though this is not restricted to the confines of this episode alone) I am really growing tiresome of the in-zord lines. For the past few episode, only seconds after a Megazord is formed, someone is bound to say "we're out of power!!!" What? Already?!! Ugh! It's just a repeated line that has far outstayed it's welcome.

There were some nice touches in the episode. The K video, the use of the holograms, and Ziggy at the end, but I just couldn't bring myself to like the entire product. RPM is really starting to slip for me personally.
Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 03:18 PM   #267
Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
And (though this is not restricted to the confines of this episode alone) I am really growing tiresome of the in-zord lines. For the past few episode, only seconds after a Megazord is formed, someone is bound to say "we're out of power!!!" What? Already?!! Ugh! It's just a repeated line that has far outstayed it's welcome.
THIS.

I'm sooo over the useless zord fight dialogue in the last few weeks, just thrown in there for nothing. RPM was doing so well to get rid of all that superfluous crap, but it's all slowly seeping right back in and it just drops the mood down a couple notches every time for me.
Multiple Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 03:30 PM   #268
Truncated Power Rangers
Episode 39 released!

The only way SPD can possibly come after RPM is if RPM's finale consists of a deus ex machina of gargantuan proportions where aliens come to civilize the planet as well as rejuvenate it. And that would suck.
Truncated Power Rangers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:54 PM   #269
KiraLover
In The Business Of Misery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
To be honest, I just couldn't bring myself to love this episode. There was just so much amazing potential that was completely lost during it's actual execution.

One of the initial points that I didn't like was the fact that such important information / weaponry was STILL available in the remnants of Alphabet Soup. For someone as smart as Dr K, you would have thought that she would have retrieved everything from there at some point after establishing the rangers.
Not time mention that throughout all the years Dr. K was at Alphabet Soup, she was never able to get those zords to work, but now in the span of a day(not even that), she's able to gain control of them through some vague means... lame.
KiraLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 07:55 PM   #270
Darky
AFIR 2: The Final Battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
Hopefully Eddie will tell us his version of RPM's ending after the show finishes.
That's what I was thinking just now, as often as BTS material comes out after the show from cast and crew, I could see Eddie possibly telling us his vision.
Darky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 08:57 PM   #271
The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristanism View Post
There are so many ways in which a situation like this could be written, which would be totally different from what people seem to just automatically assume would happen.
For me it's more a question of "Can PR pull off the ending the time travel ending that would work?"

Because we saw how well they handled it in "Wormhole"...
The Real Torhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 10:31 PM   #272
Nikki Valentina
Power Ranger

With the line about hologram recordings being so last century, Dr. K was referring to Princess Leia. You see, after she escaped Alphabet Soup she became a fan of 1970's sci-fi movies. Oh, and because I love the original Star Wars.
Nikki Valentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 11:10 PM   #273
RitoRevolto
Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Valentina View Post
With the line about hologram recordings being so last century, Dr. K was referring to Princess Leia. You see, after she escaped Alphabet Soup she became a fan of 1970's sci-fi movies. Oh, and because I love the original Star Wars.
"Help me, Ziggy Grover. You're my only hope."
RitoRevolto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 01:53 AM   #274
ShyRanger
Mega Power

Nice focus on Truman/K about moving on from the past for a brighter future.

Why'd Venjix not send Tenaya to the rundown Alphabet Soup sooner? I liked the plot and how snooping around the old storage awakened the DinoTrain. I thought it was funny that of all the props to use as old Ranger tech, they had an Overdrive helmet. >_>

Pretty funny with the holograms.

The sudden Megazord practice felt out of place. To me, it's reasonable enough Ziggy thought they should train, figuring Drill-Bot would go large soon anyway. Though it would've flowed better if Drill-Bot had actually run away or something. Also, would'nt have thought Corinth has a train system.

I felt like this episode should've been done sooner, but better late than never. 4/5
ShyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 09:57 AM   #275
TommyLeePark
Power Ranger

Actually, it's an interesting question...
When I watched the episode, I assumed the helmet was there because the OO rangers would have gone there (or Mack alone, whatever) to try and stop Venjix. But somehow Mack would have been taken down, or at least severely injured so that he would lose his helmet.
Do you think that was the case, or that the AS was just messing with older ranger tech, and the helmet was laying around? I think it's weird to think of it that way, because if they had access to OO ranger tech they wouldn't need to create a new set of powers, but it's not totally impossible... I still think Mack went there and was killed.

About the train system... well, we have to thank Sentai for that, lol.
But it's interesting, lol, the first time I watched the episode, I thought they were OUT of the dome. It didn't bothered me to have a train system of older times... But when I understood they were INSIDE the dome... Lol, I guess we can only blame Sentai and "close our eyes" to that. Or one can assume that when Corinth was build they started creating the train system but never made any use of it.
Old September 24th, 2009, 10:16 AM   #276
Poweranimals
Iron Mouse!

I think it was just AS experimenting with past Ranger tech. I'm sure the Overdrive powers would've been used in the development of the RPM powers. Mack wouldn't even be around anymore anyway.
Poweranimals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 10:24 AM   #277
Jiraiya
PAIN IS PAINFUL

If you take a closer look at the helmet you'll see it's an Overdrive sculpt

you'll also see there are some slight difrences in the helmet. There is something printed on the front. Maybe it say's power ranger or maybe prototype. Either way it's a rehashed repaint.

Maybe it's acquired ranger tech Alphabet soup stole from Hartford Tech. maybey Hartford Tech was a secret front for a Pre Alphabet soup. Heaven knows Andrew Hartford was a shaddy tool.
Jiraiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 10:31 AM   #278
MegaBlue
Statistically speaking...

Looks like it said "PROJECT" on the front. Truth be told, I didn't even notice that it was an Overdrive helmet until someone pointed it out on here.
MegaBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 10:36 AM   #279
TommyLeePark
Power Ranger

Lol, my assumption that Mack went there cames from my view that it happens only a few years later than OO. =) if I am correct, you have to admit Mack could have been there.

Anyway, with the information about it being a sculpt, which I didn't notice when I watched it (Youtube, low quality, lol), maybe, just maybe, when they started creating the RPM powers they started by replicating the designs of OO, and later created their owns (to avoid problems with Justice, since the descendants of Hartford would probably want to know if they had stolen the old OO stuff).
Old September 24th, 2009, 10:47 AM   #280
DiEnd
Cewsh Reviews Wrestling

I think it was just a silent nod to a past ranger franchise.

Wait, sorry, it could never be something that simple.
DiEnd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alas poor mack, cyber k, hartford funded projects, hologram on the run, i'm a doctor, not a time traveller, that's the doctor, venjix's oedipus complex