View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:19 PM   #523
ModRn
Vida the Vampire Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadsmileyface View Post
I'm actually... starting to like them. Even that Blue Ranger.

Well, starting, at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Lamia View Post
Bulk and Spike finally meet...Hopefully that means that we'll be seeing more of them together in future episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
Liked the plot though and hopefully next episode the marks will go higher!
Oh how young and naive we were...

I like how the episode discussion threads for Samurai became dramatically smaller and smaller as time went by. This usually happens anyway but I don't think it happened so drastically.

Also, can we not forget that this whole exchange really happened:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Dekker (not sure on the spelling, but this one sounds/looks better than 'Deker' or 'Decker')
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyRed View Post
According to the credits, they spell his name as "Deker".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenotome View Post
About the spelling, Rick Medina has it spelled Deker on his new Facebook fan page...
Quote:
Like I said, 'Dekker' looks cooler, so that's how I'm going to spell it, even if it's not the official spelling. Speaking of Dekker....
Quote:
This way of thinking.
Quote:
Whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy3434 View Post
So... you're going to be wrong because you think it looks better?

...becuz pore litterasy iz kewl!
Quote:
If you honestly think that a deliberate choice to be stylistically 'wrong' with regards to the way that Deker's name is supposed to be spelled = poor literacy, I would suggest that you refresh yourself on what poor literacy actually is.
Quote:
Actually, the "poor literacy is cool" meme refers specifically to deliberate, stylistic misspellings. It stemmed from criticism of the tendency of comics (especially in the 90s) to twist the spelling of certain words in a way to make them more aesthetically pleasing to their young market. For example, spelling "extreme" as "xtreme".

While "Deker" is not a word independent of its association with Power Rangers, the fact of the matter is that there is a correct way to spell it. This isn't arguable. There's no middle ground. "Deker" is correct and "Dekker" is incorrect. End of discussion.
Quote:
Who the hell made you the 'stylistic police' around here? There is absolutely nothing wrong with my decision to adopt a stylistic spelling of Deker's name that is incorrect according to official sources. It pisses me off that you and others are acting like I'm somehow A) stupid and/or B) committing a grievous offense by not using the official spelling.

Also, don't you dare bring up Xenotome's 'shame icon' response; that was clearly meant to be a jest, to which I responded equally in jest.
Quote:
This is so funny because it totally wasn't.
Quote:
Uhh... it's wrong because it's incorrect. That's what "wrong" means. Seriously, this isn't that difficult a concept.

Owned. Fucking owned.
Quote:
If I'm going to get genuinely chewed out/looked down on/made fun of for choosing to affect a different stylistic spelling of a character's name, then this is the last time you will EVER see me post on this board, because I really don't appreciate being made to feel like I'm some type of moron when it is well within my right to choose to spell the character's name HOWEVER I DAMN WELL PLEASE.
Quote:
And people will point it out every time because it looks retarded.
Quote:
You have the right to be wrong, and we have the right to correct you. Funny how that works.
Bahaha you guys, seriously. Over Samurai.

Last edited by ModRn; January 2nd, 2013 at 08:24 PM.
ModRn is offline   Reply With Quote