RangerBoard

RangerBoard (http://www.rangerboard.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.rangerboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -    TOKU  Super Sentai of the Past #1: See first post on when to watch the movies and team-ups (http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=129741)

Isamu_Ozu October 8th, 2010 03:33 PM

THAT"s Kai? Jesus

TommyOliver21 October 8th, 2010 03:37 PM

Damn, he got RIPPED. :o

Merlin October 8th, 2010 04:23 PM

Maji Maaji!

Shurikenger October 8th, 2010 06:46 PM

Wow. Little Kai, not so little. [B]Sungel[/B], any idea who that is with Kai? Looks... Shine-y. :cool:

Syklone October 8th, 2010 06:53 PM

He doesn't look all that ripped to me... He still looks kinda scrawny. He is just skinny. If I may...

[IMG]http://bandstalker.com/blog/pic_uploads/2008/05/ninja-training1.jpg[/IMG]

This is a picture of South Korean singer/actor Rain. If you will notice his well defined pectoral muscles and traps. The the toned lower abdominals leading up to a weight healthy yet strong looking four-pack on his upper abs. This my internet friends is a ripped Asian actor.

Isamu_Ozu October 8th, 2010 06:56 PM

Pretty sure that is Hikaru.

SUNGEL October 8th, 2010 07:00 PM

I have no idea who the other guy is. At first I thought it was Keisuke Kato (Nago-san/IXA) but I think you guys might be right, he seems to be Yosuke Ichikawa (MagiShine).

Unfortunately I have no recent photos of him, I lost track.

Shurikenger October 8th, 2010 07:36 PM

I've been looking for more info about Yosuke Ichikawa. He's a hard fella to track down. He's pretty much my favorite thing about Magiranger right now. It's kind of funny how some of the ex-sentai actors you can track down easily, and others not so much.

And, Kai may not be huuuuuge, but he's much more ripped in comparison. Rain's still pretty hot, either way. :cool:

Ryoutarou October 8th, 2010 08:02 PM

[QUOTE=Shurikenger;3570119]I've been looking for more info about Yosuke Ichikawa. He's a hard fella to track down. [/QUOTE]That'd probably be due to the fact that he retired from acting in 2008 to become a high school teacher.

Isamu_Ozu October 8th, 2010 08:54 PM

From actor to high school teacher? Wow. Although now he really is "sensei" lol

Forever Knight October 9th, 2010 03:33 AM

[QUOTE=McAster;3569059]All this talk of sixths and never any love for X1 Mask.
[/QUOTE]

There is always love for him from me. One of my fav Sentai episodes ever.

Shurikenger October 9th, 2010 09:38 AM

[QUOTE=Ryoutarou;3570152]That'd probably be due to the fact that he retired from acting in 2008 to become a high school teacher.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I really didn't see that coming.

Go-OnGold83 October 9th, 2010 12:36 PM

[QUOTE=McAster;3569059]

In Kakuranger, the Invincible Shogun was a god. A sentient and powerful being that could fully fight and talk all on it's own. There was no need for a cockpit as it and the other two gods (Birdy Birdy and Sir WolfApe-For-Hands) didn't need the Rangers to pilot them. The going into the chest was there to control the Generals (individual parts of Shogun) as they were just dead limbs otherwise.
I imagine it's hard for any god to do anything when broken into five pieces.[/QUOTE]

i get the 5 main mechas were for the kakurangers, but when they combined, how did all 5 control invincible shogun? thats what i dont get

Isamu_Ozu October 9th, 2010 01:14 PM

I always thought of it like this. When fused together, Muteki and the Kakurangers become one being. One mind, body, etc.

Multiple Man October 9th, 2010 06:13 PM

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF4o8lZoVK8"]I haz a video.[/URL] >_>

Merlin October 9th, 2010 06:35 PM

How are you liking Geki so far Trist?

Multiple Man October 9th, 2010 07:09 PM

I just finished it actually.

I think it concluded a WHOLE lot stronger than it started, that's for sure. The first several episodes are easily some of the weakest out of the bunch, but once the KaGeki arc begins and Gou shows up, the series pretty much hits an awesome stride.

I'm still not a huge fan of Jan, but he was of course given the deepest, most complex backstory. Which was very well told, particularly in the way it intertwines with that of Lio (and, by extension, Mele).

Long is good and creepy. Strangely, he reminds me of Phillip from "Kamen Rider Double," though he's far more deranged than Phillip could ever hope to be. >_>

Gou is by far my favorite character, and one of the biggest reasons I will have for repeat viewings. Retsu and Ran had their moments here and there, but they just weren't doing it for me in general. Gou, Lio, and Mele are consistently awesome.

Ryoutarou October 9th, 2010 07:35 PM

I think Gekiranger really picked up after or on episode 9. It wasn't that remarkable early on, but that episode did a lot to show me that there could be something rather deep going on with the villains themselves. The one thing I really disliked was the fact that Ran didn't really seem to exist as a person outside of being a member of SCRTCH.

Also, one of the things I really loved towards the end was the fact that Kenji Ooba ended up playing Jan's father. For those that don't know, he played like two or three rangers in a few series consecutively early in Sentai's run as well as the title character in the first Metal Hero series and when JAC took over stunt duties in Goranger, he played Red Ranger in suit for the last 30 episodes. I know this actually made a lot of Japanese fans love the last half of Gekiranger.

Merlin October 9th, 2010 07:41 PM

He was also the cook in the back in Kill Bill! "I'm not bald, I shaved my head. Do you understand?" HA!

The first few eps were only to introduce the individual styles and mannerisms of each Ranger and villain. It was a nice move to have the Go Doku-ken there, but it wasn't the least interesting until they found the Kenma.

When Rio starts training simultaneously with the Gekis, [i]that's[/i] when the series' strength emerges. You pretty much hit the head on all the weaker and stronger characters.

mrsmith10 October 9th, 2010 11:17 PM

[QUOTE=Tristanism;3570915]I just finished it actually.

I think it concluded a WHOLE lot stronger than it started, that's for sure. The first several episodes are easily some of the weakest out of the bunch, but once the KaGeki arc begins and Gou shows up, the series pretty much hits an awesome stride.

I'm still not a huge fan of Jan, but he was of course given the deepest, most complex backstory. Which was very well told, particularly in the way it intertwines with that of Lio (and, by extension, Mele).

Long is good and creepy. Strangely, he reminds me of Phillip from "Kamen Rider Double," though he's far more deranged than Phillip could ever hope to be. >_>

Gou is by far my favorite character, and one of the biggest reasons I will have for repeat viewings. Retsu and Ran had their moments here and there, but they just weren't doing it for me in general. Gou, Lio, and Mele are consistently awesome.[/QUOTE]

I think that's a fair assessment for Geki. The first 18 episodes or so aren't that good, although there's a few moments here and there at the beginning that are nice. I think Geki has an excellent story with some very strong villains, it's just the first 1/3rd of the series.