Cyborg Ranger
November 7th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Who runs it now?

Decade
November 7th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Edmund K. Lo.

Cyborg Ranger
November 7th, 2006, 06:47 PM
I don't know him. Does he have nick here?

QuadraRanger
November 7th, 2006, 06:48 PM
*HeadDESK*

Decade
UncleFucker:
http://www.rangerboard.com/member.php?u=4296

Poweranimals
PRC has its own forum. Can't you ask these questions there?

Cyborg Ranger
November 7th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Okay okay Shadowzord

Decade
November 7th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Okay okay Shadowzord

Just be sure to ask for Edmund K. Lo.

Cyborg Ranger
November 7th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Thanks

QuadraRanger
November 7th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Rofl. So cruel.

iRanger
November 7th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Ahah lets see what hes gotten himself into! *goes to PRC*

Cyborg Ranger
November 7th, 2006, 07:02 PM
:P nuts

Decade
November 7th, 2006, 07:05 PM
:P nuts

What's wrong? Don't listen to those two. Just listen to me, I'm a moderator =D

Decade
November 7th, 2006, 07:07 PM
http://www.rangertalk.com/showthread.php?t=22746
You forgot to ask for Edmund K. Lo.

NerdRebel
November 7th, 2006, 07:07 PM
And that's exactly why he shouldn't listen to you.
Or anyone else for that matter.

Cyborg Ranger
November 7th, 2006, 07:09 PM
I'll wait what people tell there.
No offense, but people here on RB are not always pleasant and friendly

Decade
November 7th, 2006, 07:10 PM
but people here on RB are not always pleasant and friendly

Hey I'm lying in the most pleasant way possible :(

iRanger
How are we not pleasant and friendly? Have you met George?

NerdRebel
I'll wait what people tell there.
No offense, but people here on RB are not always pleasant and friendly
If anyone ever is, remind me to shoot them.

Cyborg Ranger
November 7th, 2006, 07:11 PM
What is so hard on helping people?
I just ask for simple answer on simple question.

Decade
November 7th, 2006, 07:13 PM

Repeating "use the search function" gets tiring. And if we spoil the members by giving them direct answers then there'd be more threads asking things that have already been answered. And as ShadowZord pointed out, PRC has their own forum.

Now from a member that's been here for over a year, I expect you to remember to search before posting.

Vash the Stampede
November 7th, 2006, 07:16 PM
What's wrong? Don't listen to those two. Just listen to me, I'm a moderator =D

No, she gets everybody like that!!!!! Now she's gonna........*banned*

Decade
November 7th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Holy crap! Vash banned herself!

Cyborg Ranger
November 7th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Repeating "use the search function" gets tiring. And if we spoil the members by giving them direct answers then there'd be more threads asking things that have already been answered. And as ShadowZord pointed out, PRC has their own forum.

Now from a member that's been here for over a year, I expect you to remember to search before posting.
I tried, but I couldn't find it

iRanger
November 7th, 2006, 07:19 PM
No, she gets everybody like that!!!!! Now she's gonna........*banned*

How could you! You cant give up your the leader! we want an answer!*continues ranting like mad madison*

Vash the Stampede
November 7th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Holy crap! Vash banned herself!

*warps back* Whoa! Dude, not cool!!!!!!!:088:

Decade
November 7th, 2006, 07:22 PM
I tried, but I couldn't find it

http://www.rangerboard.com/search.php?searchid=788895

Second thread, scroll down in it.

PRangerX
November 7th, 2006, 07:28 PM
PRC was founded by Ray Calderon as the Power Rangers Zeo Page. He continued to do seasonal pages until around Space. When he condensed everything into PRC ( backtracking to MMPR). In 2000 he bought a domain, rangercentral.com.

PRC has a popular guestbook, so Ray decided to open a forum on Coolboard. Later this moved to ezboard and became one of the most popular message boards in the fandom. Soon Ray decided to host a Vbulletin on a his own server. Eventually he gave it its own name, Rangerboard.

In 2004, Ray decided to finally close PRC and just stuck to Rangerboard. Micheal Bastian gained permisson to host an archive to update. Ray gave him his files. Micheal reopened PRC on rangercentral.org. Later Ray gave Micheal rangercentral.com. Which once again became PRC's url. Micheal started his own message board for PRC, called Rangertalk.

Micheal has owned PRC to this day. He has had a lot of help from Shadowzord and a few others. Who are listed on the credits page of PRC.

Decade
November 7th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Soon Ray decided to host a Vbulletin on a his own server. Eventually he gave it its own name, Rangerboard.

You left out why Ray decided to go vBulletin!

iRanger
November 7th, 2006, 07:30 PM
PRC was founded by Ray Calderon as the Power Rangers Zeo Page. He continued to do seasonal pages until around Space. When he condensed everything into PRC ( backtracking to MMPR). In 2000 he bought a domain, rangercentral.com.

PRC has a popular guestbook, so Ray decided to open a forum on Coolboard. Later this moved to ezboard and became one of the most popular message boards in the fandom. Soon Ray decided to host a Vbulletin on a his own server. Eventually he gave it its own name, Rangerboard.

In 2004, Ray decided to finally close PRC and just stuck to Rangerboard. Micheal Bastian gained permisson to host an archive to update. Ray gave him his files. Micheal reopened PRC on rangercentral.org. Later Ray gave Micheal rangercentral.com. Which once again became PRC's url. Micheal started his own message board for PRC, called Rangertalk.

Micheal has owned PRC to this day. He has had a lot of help from Shadowzord and a few others. Who are listed on the credits page of PRC.

You had to ruin it for The Bee and all of us didnt you.

Decade
November 7th, 2006, 07:31 PM
You had to ruin it for The Bee and all of us didnt you.

It was already ruined when the original poster didn't ask for Edmund K. Lo at PRC forums.

iRanger
November 7th, 2006, 07:33 PM
but now he has an answer

Decade
November 7th, 2006, 07:34 PM
I gave him/her an answer from the search as well. He/she just have a more detailed answer now.

PRangerX
November 7th, 2006, 07:34 PM
You left out why Ray decided to go vBulletin!

No I didn't

"Soon Ray decided to host a Vbulletin on a his own server. Eventually he gave it its own name, Rangerboard. "

Decade
November 7th, 2006, 07:35 PM
No I didn't

"Soon Ray decided to host a Vbulletin on a his own server. Eventually he gave it its own name, Rangerboard. "

I heard it was because PA hacked EzBoards & messed it up or something. That forced Ray to find something else.

Cyborg Ranger
November 7th, 2006, 07:36 PM

Decade
November 7th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Ah yes, the PA ruining EzBoard is right:
http://www.rangerboard.com/faq.php?faq=faq_top#faq_faq_history

PRangerX
November 7th, 2006, 08:02 PM
I heard it was because PA hacked EzBoards & messed it up or something. That forced Ray to find something else.

Oh yeah, I read what you said wrong. Yeah I did leave that out. PA is of course known as Shadowzord now. Which I beleive is the name he used at the time. But he diffinitly used that name first. Anyway, PA/Shadow is a good boy now lol.

Ray-Z
November 7th, 2006, 08:37 PM

If the question and answer are so fucking simple, why don't you know the answer?

Ray-Z
November 7th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Rangercentral should just shut down and the fandom should just focus on the PR wikipedia entries.

da new one
November 7th, 2006, 09:28 PM
ok im just curious so well just click here (http://www.rangertalk.com/showthread.php?p=363857#post363857)

Decade
November 7th, 2006, 09:30 PM
ok im just curious so well just click here (http://www.rangertalk.com/showthread.php?p=363857#post363857)

Hahaha, and with "The Bee", =P

da new one
November 7th, 2006, 09:30 PM
that was was for you

PRangerX
November 7th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Rangercentral should just shut down and the fandom should just focus on the PR wikipedia entries.

Wikipedia has actually become a major force in a lot of different subjects. But there is a lot of danger when it comes to innaccurcies and stuff like that. But for the most part it is a good rescource. I beleive it is ahead of PRC in some search engine searches now, if not on google.

But I would hate to see it be the only real resource. I see no reason why PRC and Wikipedia can not co-exist. At least PRC can be controlled more closely. It is still a very valuable resource. I see no reason to just close the site on a whim. Unless the owner simply has his own reasons do so. Besides PRC is a fan website, Wikipedia is not.

Lets not forget great websites like the Writers Guide and Naks Power Rangers. And there are a few others. I think there is room for a lot of PR websites. And I hope more develop and attain the level PRC has. We certianly could dififnitly use more general pr sites than we can more Vbulletin message boards Which are starting to really get watered down. But let me mention that we do have some good single season websites like Linear Ranger's site ( which actually has a few seasons of content).

Primo Haim Saban
November 7th, 2006, 09:43 PM
You mean we weren't already supposed to?

Half the Mystic Force episodes still aren't in the episode guide...

PRangerX
November 7th, 2006, 09:53 PM
You mean we weren't already supposed to?

Half the Mystic Force episodes still aren't in the episode guide...

Its actually the norm for PRC to take awhile to update. Even during the latter part of Ray's tenure. Which is understandable since people have other responsibilities. Micheal and Matt (Shadowzord) actually updated quite frequently for a long period. Its only natural that they would get a little overwhelmed. I have no doubt that content will be added eventually. Really people have been complaining about PRC updates for years. When most people probably couldn't handle what Ray, Micheal, and Matt have done.

Most of the other major general websites are also behind. I don't see any site with a complete episode guide. Unless Naks caught up already ( they were ahead of PRC last time I checked). Even if it was never updated again, PRC would remain a great resource.

And let me say to Ray, that I think it was very classy of him to pass the torch in 2004. Other webmasters may not have been able to do so.

Primo Haim Saban
November 7th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Really people have been complaining about PRC updates for years.
I remember the specific arsenal or character pages taking some time, but the episode guide, as evidenced by Ray's insertion of humor, was his pride and joy. I never remember wanting for that part of the operation.

PRangerX
November 7th, 2006, 10:28 PM
I remember the specific arsenal or character pages taking some time, but the episode guide, as evidenced by Ray's insertion of humor, was his pride and joy. I never remember wanting for that part of the operation.

The episode guides were updated pretty frequently. During DinoThunder there was a big lag before the close down. But in any case there were times when those lagged as well. And that is not an attack on Ray. No one will ever match what he has done. Frankly, people need to be happy with what they get. There aren't many PR fans that have the resources or time to dedicated to PRC. Or any popular website for that matter.

BozQ
November 7th, 2006, 10:47 PM
You are such a party pooper PRangerX

iRanger
November 7th, 2006, 11:07 PM
The episode guides were updated pretty frequently. During DinoThunder there was a big lag before the close down. But in any case there were times when those lagged as well. And that is not an attack on Ray. No one will ever match what he has done. Frankly, people need to be happy with what they get. There aren't many PR fans that have the resources or time to dedicated to PRC. Or any popular website for that matter. i agree with BozQ!