PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Users 'heads Up'

SPD SCARLET
07-13-2006, 03:34 AM
Theres a bunch of 'Spoof' (Fake) E-Mails coming though just lately that are stealing peoples accounts and credit card details! :o
Be VERY Careful, they look very authentic but check the address bar, you will be able to tell.

This is a heads up for you guys because I was almost a victim of this scamming bastard, he got to my account details for Ebay but I stopped him in his tracks coz I noticed in the address bar his URL was totally fake.:cool:
If any of you recieve these e-mails CONTACT EBAY IMMEDIATELY, there is a page dedicated to stuff like this

I will be posting this in all Categories here because I find it very important that everyone knows the score :023:

me=sentai
07-13-2006, 04:50 AM
as i'm using gmail, which IMO is a very 'intelligent' email provider, all these spoof emails from ebay always end up in my spam folder. :023: :005:

Kivat
07-13-2006, 05:19 AM
Normally you can notice this in the senders email adress, ebay normally uses, Ebay.com but these fake ppl use other adresses ebay-help.com for example

DekaStar
07-13-2006, 05:36 AM
This really isn't anything new, though. I've been getting spoof e-mails from eBay and PayPal for YEARS. You just report them and that's that. And if you're worried that you may have replied to one just keep an eye on your bank/credit statements and make sure you change all of your passwords.

Stinging Scorpina
07-13-2006, 01:27 PM
There's actually people using fake accounts. I know this for fact because a former friend of mine has made 2, and if he wants something, but it goes high he will use the fake accounts with 0 feedback to bid on the items, not pay, and hope for a relisting to get the items at a cheaper price.. After another falling out, me and and fellow and active member of this board have reported him to eBay, but nothing can be done, until the sellers, which we both have reported him to as well, files a claim. I don't know if I should put the usernames of the fake accounts, in case it might get me ban, but I think it would help other sellers who are selling PR stuff (since that's what he goes for)...