PDA

View Full Version : How did the Lights get on Terra Venture?

Pages : [1] 2

Darky
June 19th, 2006, 11:17 PM
After re-reading some stuff online, I remembered the Lights of Orion were hidden underground of Terra Venture. Does anyone got an idea as to how they got there? I mean surely when NASADA and the GSA built the damn thing they noticed a small glowing gold ball of light shoot around in there.

Dr. Who 07
June 19th, 2006, 11:29 PM
because jeebus willed it so
or the writers dropped the ball whichever

dukemon22
June 19th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure that they weren't buried in Terra Venture. The monster summoned them there, and they happened to come through the ground. I think the same thing was true for Gingaman.

Lightsaberboy
June 19th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Didn't Magna Defender find them? I don't remember....

The Real Torhu
June 19th, 2006, 11:57 PM
because jeebus willed it so
or the writers dropped the ball whichever
The writers dropped the ball, which Jeebus caught and placed on Terra Venture.

*brushes hands*

Decade
June 20th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Perhaps they dug up a huge chunk of the Earth to use in Terra Venture's colony - when that was done, the "Lights" was part of the chunk they threw in?

unit zeo
June 20th, 2006, 01:13 AM
a wizard did it

Stoney
June 20th, 2006, 01:18 AM
a wizard did it

Your wizard needs food!

Tommy dropped them there?

Terror Rangers
June 20th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Always kinda figured it was on some planet they were passing by at the time.

Cosmic Dreamer
June 20th, 2006, 01:33 AM
yeah I think that when they journied out, along the way the lights, to save themselves from whoever or whatever, felt that they would protected on Terra Venture. maybe they knew of the power rangers and felt protected being where they were. and of course waiting for the moment to help the rangers out when they needed it.

FireballDX
June 20th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Can't help myself, Jeebus dropped the ball of light on terra venture and now we have a conection to SPD, Sam was on terra venture.

Truncated Power Rangers
June 20th, 2006, 01:36 AM
Sentai footage of nature/Earth-based Sentai meets space colony-based Power Rangers = loopholes like this.

SirStack
June 20th, 2006, 03:10 AM
To answer this question, look at the facts as the show presented them.

-Magna Defender, while hunting for, and finding, the Lights of Orion, was ambushed by Treacheron and buried within Mirinoi 3000 years ago.

-What else was on Mirinoi since at least that time? The Quasar Sabers.

-Where did the Quasar Sabers end up going? To Terra Venture. Scorpius followed them to it, the Lights of Orion most probably did so as well, and Magna Defender followed after them. The Galactabeasts also seemed to follow, or at least came out of dormancy because of the reactivation of the Sabers.

-The Lights had the ability to change positions, set traps, create decoys... even 3000 years ago, they were on the move once Magna Defender opened that box. There's nothing on the show that says the cave in "TLoO" was indeed their resting place for the past three millennia, if anything it was proven to be just another ruse to draw out the true Quasar Saber chosen ones and test their worthiness (hence the seal on the entrance). What else COULD you call all of their tricks?

There were no coincidences in PRLG, just like "Lost", everything was destined to happen, and that was repeated constantly. It all revolved around ending up on Mirinoi, and in the process ridding it of an evil alien menace threatening the planet.

JediMB
June 20th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Personally I think of this, as with most of Lost Galaxy, as really crappy writing.

But I suppose SirStack's explanation works too. >_>

Poweranimals
June 20th, 2006, 03:42 AM
I never understood why the cave with the chest that was supposed to carry the Lights of Orion was placed on Terra Venture anyway.

Darky
June 20th, 2006, 08:33 AM
The Galactabeasts also seemed to follow, or at least came out of dormancy because of the reactivation of the Sabers.

This makes sense, thanks. I always thought though the Galactabeasts were in Scorpius' possesion, hence his want for the Quasar Sabers and Transdaggers

Darky
June 20th, 2006, 08:34 AM
I never understood why the cave with the chest that was supposed to carry the Lights of Orion was placed on Terra Venture anyway.

That was on another planet, remember when Kendrix and Maya flew their Jammers into space?

Primo Haim Saban
June 20th, 2006, 01:42 PM
I loved Herndon's analysis. Bravo.

GrnPsychoDragon
June 20th, 2006, 01:50 PM
I dont see how LG was crappy writing. The writing seemed great to me. I liked the season. Deviot rawked. He's like PR's Starscream

JDF'd
June 20th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Better question: why can humans breath in space in PR?

Darky
June 20th, 2006, 09:55 PM

Because Zedd had that force field on the moon, and....uh, that's it

GrnPsychoDragon
June 20th, 2006, 10:12 PM

Zedd also had force fields around the Ninja Turtles as they surfed in outer space with the rangers too, I bet. Long after being defeated, Zedd's magic remains strong, that old wizard!

JDF'd
June 20th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Zedd also placed a force field around Sophie and Terra Venture after it cracked open... >_>

JediMB
June 21st, 2006, 05:00 AM
I dont see how LG was crappy writing. The writing seemed great to me.
Y'know... If I feel like torturing myself I could watch my LG tapes and type down every single moronic plot problem in the series. There will be quite a lot of them.

Crazy Firebird
June 21st, 2006, 08:28 AM
You dolt! It was RITA who set up the magical forcefield on the moon which allows an atmosphere on there! Besides, all of the technology of Rangers who travel through space must have some form of creating a forcefield around the spacecraft to keep a breathable atmosphere in there, and the forcefeild is dropped once on a planet with a habitable atmosphere!

RedSavageWarrior
June 21st, 2006, 08:43 AM
Y'know... If I feel like torturing myself I could watch my LG tapes and type down every single moronic plot problem in the series. There will be quite a lot of them.

Not least those involving Terra Venture having mountains, seas, beaches, a city and forests aboard. There must be some big holes on Earth, or maybe they just scooped up Angel Grove, which is why we never saw it again.

Darky
June 21st, 2006, 11:06 PM
You dolt! It was RITA who set up the magical forcefield on the moon which allows an atmosphere on there! Besides, all of the technology of Rangers who travel through space must have some form of creating a forcefield around the spacecraft to keep a breathable atmosphere in there, and the forcefeild is dropped once on a planet with a habitable atmosphere!

...What?

Crazy Firebird
June 22nd, 2006, 08:22 AM
...What?
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Season 1, Day Of The Dumpster (either official or pilot, take your smegging pick!).

Darky
June 22nd, 2006, 01:13 PM
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Season 1, Day Of The Dumpster (either official or pilot, take your smegging pick!).

I know, I was sarcastic in the first post

ShadowEdge
June 22nd, 2006, 01:18 PM
Someone posted a really long and complex explanation to that one once, I wish I could find the link. It was good for a laugh.

Poweranimals
June 22nd, 2006, 01:21 PM
That was on another planet, remember when Kendrix and Maya flew their Jammers into space?
I remember them flying to another point on Terra Venture.

vampire
June 22nd, 2006, 02:56 PM
Not least those involving Terra Venture having mountains, seas, beaches, a city and forests aboard. There must be some big holes on Earth, or maybe they just scooped up Angel Grove, which is why we never saw it again.

I'll go with that one:D

Kabut0
June 22nd, 2006, 11:42 PM

Even better question: In PRiS, how did Andross hang on to his "space-surfboard-thing" after almost falling off of it while getting chased in the middle of space when there's no gravity?

Poweranimals
June 22nd, 2006, 11:50 PM
Even better question: In PRiS, how did Andross hang on to his "space-surfboard-thing" after almost falling off of it while getting chased in the middle of space when there's no gravity?
Even better question: Who is Andross?

Dark Knight
June 22nd, 2006, 11:57 PM
http://nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/dol/images/cam/gal/gal_sf-t02.jpg

Kabut0
June 23rd, 2006, 12:18 AM
Even better question: Who is Andross?

the red space ranger in PRiS...:P

Poweranimals
June 23rd, 2006, 12:22 AM
That would be Andros.

Kabut0
June 23rd, 2006, 12:33 AM
That would be Andros.

well then don't mind my extra 's' smart-ass:icon_fU:

KiraLover
June 23rd, 2006, 12:40 AM
I remember them flying to another point on Terra Venture.
They did. Mountain Dome I think. However, in the promo for that episode, the girls were flying over another planet.

MahouMaster
June 23rd, 2006, 12:57 AM
well then don't mind my extra 's' smart-ass:icon_fU:

You remind me of someone.

Kabut0
June 23rd, 2006, 01:02 AM
You remind me of someone.

who might that be?

MahouMaster
June 23rd, 2006, 01:10 AM
I don't know, someone banned that's for sure.

Kabut0
June 23rd, 2006, 01:24 AM
I don't know, someone banned that's for sure.

So are you implying that I'm going to get banned?

Poweranimals
June 23rd, 2006, 01:25 AM
They did. Mountain Dome I think. However, in the promo for that episode, the girls were flying over another planet.
Yeah, I remember that. It would've made ten times more sense that way.

iToshi
June 23rd, 2006, 11:58 AM
better question, why was the city dome dark in exterior shots of terra venture but in interior scenes of it, it was day?

iToshi
June 23rd, 2006, 11:59 AM
http://nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/dol/images/cam/gal/gal_sf-t02.jpg
whos that? i forgot his name?

Windgrail
June 23rd, 2006, 02:03 PM
Because the underlying message for the season was perception. By one point of view, things look a certain way, then differently from another point of view, which is a parody-correlation between the show and current events in reality.

Yeah.

-Shawno

ShadowEdge
June 23rd, 2006, 02:42 PM
whos that? i forgot his name? Andross' final form in the SNES Star Fox.

iToshi
June 23rd, 2006, 03:37 PM
ahh ok ^^

Lightsaberboy
June 23rd, 2006, 03:40 PM
Yea, he doesn't really look much like a monkey in the snes version.....