PDA

View Full Version : PR mentioned in other shows

Pages : [1] 2

PurpleKnight
February 15th, 2006, 05:16 AM
So, what shows have you seen where they mentioned in PR one way or another?

I am aware of Seinfield, where Jerry held up a Red Zeo Ranger figure for some reason.

I was also watching The Jeff Foxworthy Show a few minutes ago, and Jeff was telling his wife "Well, the kids are upstairs watching a very special Power Rangers. The pink one deals with ballemia!"

Kyle16
February 15th, 2006, 05:29 AM
it was used on whos line is it anyway once, when ryan had to be a power ranger in a skit once. I think wayne did something similiar in another episode.

there was a reference in a simpsons episode saying something about "sticking your finger into an electrical outlet will not transform you into a mighty morphin power ranger".

in a king of qweens episode, Deacon thinks about buying his son a MMPR black ranger costume instead of darth vader because zack was black and vader wasnt (in not so many words)

dolphin ranger 921
February 15th, 2006, 05:33 AM
there was an episode of fresh prince where will's girlfriend kickes butt and she says " there is something i got to tell you" and will goes "what that ur a power ranger?!"

Fenix84
February 15th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Sweet Valley High (oddly another Saban show) once had the characters walking by as a PR episode was filming. The Red MMPR was seen fighting Saliguana. I heard JDF also guest starred a couple of times.

Phantom Wolf DX
February 15th, 2006, 05:44 AM
Kommissar Rex (Inspector Rex) in I believe episode "The New One - Part 1" there was shown a Blue Might Morphin Power Rangers figure on a shelf in the morge (sp? the place where died people are examinated after an unnatural died)

super_dino_mode
February 15th, 2006, 05:49 AM
In series 1 of "Lost", Walt was watching SPD in his hotel room.

KCJ506
February 15th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Can we count movies? If so, in Angel Eyes I believe Jennifer Lopez held up a Green Galaxy Ranger action figure.

In Torque Ice Cube says "Are you little Power Rangers done now?"

In one episode of Passions Fox and Kay were talking about Fox's birthday party which he had a Power Rangers Pinata.

Power Rangers is also mentioned in the song "Smilin" by Coolio. It goes like "Forget about Batman, Superman, and the Power Rangers. Because I'ma be your hero if you ever in some danger.

ScarletWitch88
February 15th, 2006, 05:56 AM
in the show The Nanny, they mentioned mighty morphin power rangers, cause the bulter was cleaing up after the kids and the line went like this
" no more nitendo, no more comic books, no more mighty morphin power rangers."

Skeleton Warrior
February 15th, 2006, 06:01 AM
In the Show "The King Of Queens" There was a Halloween episode were Doug's neighbour explains that he wanted his son to dress up as a black Power Ranger or something like that. I don't remember that much about it.

We also had a show here on danish television many years ago before PR got banned. It was a show that showed diffrent cartoons and sometiems there would be reviews of some shows. They had a review of MMPR which was the current series at that time. I remeber it was a horrible review, yet funny as hell when I look back at it :)

First of all the guy who was reviewing the show had no clue was PR was about. With his poorly english, he presented the "Pover Wangers" and explained how there was a an evil space alien named Zordon and his minions was King Sphinx and Goldar, and the Megazord he called a "transformer"
He clearly only knew about the toy commercials. Because in fact our toy commercials DID present Zordon as the baddie in PR :shame:

Phantom Wolf DX
February 15th, 2006, 06:08 AM
First of all the guy who was reviewing the show had no clue was PR was about. With his poorly english, he presented the "Pover Wangers" and explained how there was a an evil space alien named Zordon and his minions was King Sphinx and Goldar, and the Megazord he called a "transformer"
He clearly only knew about the toy commercials. Because in fact our toy commercials DID present Zordon as the baddie in PR :shame:

Which toy commercial was that, because the only Zordon "figure" I know off is the picture off him in that Command Center toy, so did the villains own the Command Center:confused: ?? Better yet, where the Power Rangers of the moon:o

AnnaBee
February 15th, 2006, 06:10 AM
Buffy - "Back off, Pink Ranger!"

Skeleton Warrior
February 15th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Which toy commercial was that, because the only Zordon "figure" I know off is the picture off him in that Command Center toy, so did the villains own the Command Center:confused: ?? Better yet, where the Power Rangers of the moon:o

they didn't have a Zordon figure. They just showed a scene of Zordon in the commercial and added "the evil space aliens"

ScarletWitch88
February 15th, 2006, 06:57 AM
when did that happen?

GreenRanger33
February 15th, 2006, 07:06 AM
In and old Friends episode, when Monica was dating a high school student, Joey asked Monica if she could find out for him which one the strongest Power Ranger is. Then Ross, Chandler, and Joey proceded to "morph".

The 2nd Evil
February 15th, 2006, 07:09 AM
when did that happen?

That was in season 2's What's My Line part 2. The line was a joke at the fact the then stunt double for Buffy was Kim's double on MMPR.

GoldAnyRanger
February 15th, 2006, 07:18 AM
First season of Felicity, someone was dressed as the Pink Ranger at a Halloween party, and it wasnt Julie (Amy Jo).

Crazy Davey
February 15th, 2006, 07:45 AM
there was an episode of fresh prince where will's girlfriend kickes butt and she says " there is something i got to tell you" and will goes "what that ur a power ranger?!"

There was another episode that mentioned Power Rangers also... I think it's the little kid. He made a Turtle inside his shell and he was "watching Power Rangers"

And has everyone already forgot about the episode with The Simpsons with Comic-Book Guy wearing Bart's Green Ranger underwear.

Espio the Chameleon
February 15th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Can we count movies? If so, in Angel Eyes I believe Jennifer Lopez held up a Green Galaxy Ranger action figure.

In Torque Ice Cube says "Are you little Power Rangers done now?"

In one episode of Passions Fox and Kay were talking about Fox's birthday party which he had a Power Rangers Pinata.

Power Rangers is also mentioned in the song "Smilin" by Coolio. It goes like "Forget about Batman, Superman, and the Power Rangers. Because I'ma be your hero if you ever in some danger.

yeah [shameless plug]my song references thread http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=81679 [/shameless plug]

DiscoInferno
February 15th, 2006, 07:51 AM
The last episode of the OC mentioned it. One of the characters apparently wore PR pyjamas when he was a child.

bushwacka666
February 15th, 2006, 07:52 AM
In and old Friends episode, when Monica was dating a high school student, Joey asked Monica if she could find out for him which one the strongest Power Ranger is. Then Ross, Chandler, and Joey proceded to "morph".

Yeah, and Joey shouted "Stegosaurus!" - the fool! :D

Underground Blue
February 15th, 2006, 07:53 AM
In the movie Crash, in one scene, the maid comes into the kitchen with an Isis Megazord toy.

Underground Blue
February 15th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Also in the Jennifer Lopez movie, Angel Eyes. When Jennifer goes into a man house, she opens one of the drawers and holds a Green Lost Galaxy Action Figure.

Espio the Chameleon
February 15th, 2006, 08:31 AM

what episode?

Quantum Wolf
February 15th, 2006, 08:49 AM
In the 1st digimon movie (dub), Kari tells Tai that she's going to a birthday party and that the gift she's giving her friend is a pink Power Ranger.

TuxedoK
February 15th, 2006, 08:51 AM
but strangely they cut that line out when the movie aired on Jetix

Quantum Wolf
February 15th, 2006, 09:03 AM
but strangely they cut that line out when the movie aired on Jetix

Really??? Wonder why....

bushwacka666
February 15th, 2006, 09:20 AM
what episode?

Series 1, ep 22 - "The One With The Ick Factor". :023:

JustAnotherBlueRanger
February 15th, 2006, 09:25 AM
That was in season 2's What's My Line part 2. The line was a joke at the fact the then stunt double for Buffy was Kim's double on MMPR.

And the stunt cordinator for BtVS used to hold that position for MMPR. The stunt woman in question is his wife.

Thankfully for us, both left to work for ME.

KCJ506
February 15th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Also in the Jennifer Lopez movie, Angel Eyes. When Jennifer goes into a man house, she opens one of the drawers and holds a Green Lost Galaxy Action Figure.

I already said that.

F22Raptor
February 15th, 2006, 05:55 PM
In series 1 of "Lost", Walt was watching SPD in his hotel room.

yeah to bad it wasnt in sydney or even australia makes them look bloody stupid unless they were watchiing satelite tv

EricTheDragon
February 15th, 2006, 05:59 PM
During the Juniors Division last Friday on WWE: SmackDown!.

Michael Cole (commentator): "Hey, it's a Power Ranger!"

Oh, and I want to see the one with The Nanny. I love that show. >>;

Kyle16
February 15th, 2006, 06:51 PM

I wonder if anyone could get a clip for us?

Shirley Chong
February 15th, 2006, 08:46 PM
In the S Club 7 show, Miami 7, when they are planning to attackt heir manager for not finding them any jobs, they put their hands together in the middle, and they saw "Together we stand, divided we fall!" and then Bradley asks "Shouldn't there be a lighting bolt, like in the Power Rangers?" and then...there is one.

VengeanceGOD
February 15th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I remember there was an episode of "Hangin' with Mr. Cooper" where Mr. Cooper invited a kid over that he didn't really like, and the kid mentioned that he had brought a Power Ranger tape. Cooper said they'd watch it later, then there was a conversation, then the kid left, Cooper popped in the tape and proceeded to yell "Sweet! Power Rangers!" or something to that effect.

a squad
February 15th, 2006, 09:05 PM
on the planets funniest animals there are two dogs playing with a magna defender bop bag but they don't say what it is on the show

Slepnir
February 15th, 2006, 09:06 PM
On an episode of Roseanne, they were setting up for Christmas and were missing a wise man in a nativity scene, so Roseanne looks around and goes "Everybody knows the yellow Power Ranger is the wisest in all the land." and puts it on top of the display.

The Golden Knight
February 15th, 2006, 09:36 PM
In the Simpsons, there was Comic Book Guy buying Bart's Green Ranger underwear.

Dragonwolf Ranger
February 15th, 2006, 09:40 PM
I remember a short lived Steve Harvey show where he was a widower with 3 boys where his younger son was going to listen to him talk but then jumped up and said he couldn't because Power Rangers were on.

And though I never saw it, I heard that in Season 1 of Felicity that there was an ep where somebody other than Amy Jo Johnson's character was dressed as a ranger.

Myst
February 15th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Really??? Wonder why....

Dunno, but it's on the VHS and the DVD which was pretty recent, so...

Yamcha
February 15th, 2006, 10:00 PM
yeah to bad it wasnt in sydney or even australia makes them look bloody stupid unless they were watchiing satelite tv

How the hell was it bloody stupid? For all you know, the show is set two years into our future.

Besides, Sydney wears 5, which plays into 15, which is one of Hurley's numbers :)

MegaBlue
February 15th, 2006, 10:36 PM
I heard JDF also guest starred a couple of times.

Actually, JDF was a top-billed cast member for his stint as A.J., but only in the original airings of the series. Once the episodes hit syndication, JDF's version of the opening was dumped for the then-generic one. I did my research. :023:

Another PR-in-TV reference comes from the 1994 ABC sitcom, "All-American Girl," starring Margaret Cho. In one of the episodes, Grandma (played by Amy Hill), who is a TV addict, has to work in the family's bookstore. That day, her show that she "absolutely must watch" was the Power Rangers. She looked at her clock, pulled out her TV, turned it on, and shouted, "Go, Power Rangers!"

... A couple minutes later, her son (Margaret's character's father) turned the TV off as Grandma was watching it, and she whined about it: "Aww, and they were just about to morph!"

Pretty ironic, considering that, 8 years later, Disney/BV would own the franchise. :)

Kimberflames
February 16th, 2006, 12:13 AM
If anyone seen the 90's version of X-men cartoon, in one episode, they had the xmen running through the set of power rangers. You could see the blue and, I think, pink ranger fighting a monster.

Ty-Ton
February 16th, 2006, 12:31 AM
In the episode "King of the Road", on Pete and Pete, they had a Baboo figure as a hood ornament.

Dragonwolf Ranger
February 16th, 2006, 12:45 AM
In the episode "King of the Road", on Pete and Pete, they had a Baboo figure as a hood ornament.

I remember that ep. They didn't call him Baboo though. They called him something else.

Shoes
February 16th, 2006, 01:31 AM
full house "you listen to joey? he sleeps with power ranger pijamas"said rebbecca.

inside the dish with rachel ray i forgot the line but Rachel Ray was with raven and they were talking about her music video supernatural.and the guy she was with in the video was a power ranger i believe he was the navy thunder ranger.

i love the 90's 1993

Aaron Downer
February 16th, 2006, 01:32 AM
In one episode of Hey Arnold, Gerald's little sister Timberly was sitting at the dinner table holding a pink ranger figure and shouting "I'm Timberly, the Pink Power Ranger!"

Ty-Ton
February 16th, 2006, 01:41 AM
I remember that ep. They didn't call him Baboo though. They called him something else.

I'm pretty sure it was either Captain Zornan or Captain Zorman.

ninjastorm2003
February 16th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Eric from Time Force was on Shekira's music video, Kai form Lost Galaxy is on CSI.

bandai1983
February 16th, 2006, 02:11 AM
http://www.vap.co.jp/airmaster/movie.html
Try the 15th trailer.

And Simon Camden in &th Heaven had lots of Beetleborgs toys. I'm not sure if he had Power Ranger ones.

OhWhite
February 16th, 2006, 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by AnnaBee

when did that happen?

One of the season two episodes featuring Kendra.