PDA

View Full Version : has anyone seen this mystic bike photo?

mateo
11-28-2005, 02:05 AM
http://www.bootleg.co.nz/power.php

it looks like a new zealand company that makes props for shows.. and if you scroll down that red one is marked mystic bike.

here is the pic in question:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/whasian_boy/power6.jpg

if this is old news, im sorry.

BeTheSwallow
11-28-2005, 02:21 AM
Aaand the stupid-ass tradition continues. So what'll it be this year? Van or Semi Truck?

DarkDragoon
11-28-2005, 02:29 AM
Why the hell do we need bikes every single fricken year. Especially this year, it's just stupid.

GalaxyRed
11-28-2005, 02:37 AM
Why the hell do we need bikes every single fricken year. Especially this year, it's just stupid.

Because they need transportation, and the vehicles in Sentai are barely used, excluding Dekaranger. Not to mention that these are basically part of toy sales.

Icon-UK
11-28-2005, 06:55 AM

Because they sell toys.

Possibly they'll just have these bikes morph into the skybroomsticks for a few scenes or the like.

Primo Haim Saban
11-28-2005, 06:58 AM
Simplistic design. You'd think that if they were so determined to shill motorcycles every year, they'd at least be as sleek as the Shark Cycles.

Best. Bikes. Ever.

GrnPsychoDragon
11-28-2005, 06:59 AM

Because they kick ass, blasphermer! They kick ass!

That's Bad ass!! ^_^ Looks good to me. Cant wait to see them in action. I hope the bikes get more action this year. They were pretty absent during SPD. I missed them.

Primo Haim Saban
11-28-2005, 07:02 AM
I hope the bikes get more action this year. They were pretty absent during SPD. I missed them.
Sky didn't even get one. Unforgivable, I say.

GrnPsychoDragon
11-28-2005, 07:04 AM
Sky didn't even get one. Unforgivable, I say.

Sky already had one though. What's unforgivable is the fact that the girls arent getting any bikes.

Hou Hissatsu
11-28-2005, 07:06 AM
Sky already had one though. What's unforgivable is the fact that the girls arent getting any bikes.
Damn fucking straight. At least give them ATV's. We all know ATV's are rarely as cool as the bikes.... excluding Cruger's.

Primo Haim Saban
11-28-2005, 07:08 AM
Damn fucking straight. At least give them ATV's. We all know ATV's are rarely as cool as the bikes.... excluding Cruger's.
A real Shadow Patrol Cycle would have been even greater. ::weep::

Raiden
11-28-2005, 07:08 AM
it looks like a 80's syled bike. Boo. I want a ninja or a fireblade with a bodykit on!

DiscoInferno
11-28-2005, 07:11 AM
Because they need transportation, and the vehicles in Sentai are barely used, excluding Dekaranger.

The vehicles are used about as often as they need to be used. As MMPR S1 and NS (to a lesser extent) showed, Rangers don't need vehicular transportation at all.

Not to mention that these are basically part of toy sales.

That's all there is to it.

KCJ506
11-28-2005, 07:15 AM
I thought it was ridiculous for the girls not to get any bikes in SPD, when the girls in past seasons got them. The girls never get anything. They never release toy action figures of them. And before anyone says "That's because kids like the guys better." Did anyone forget that there were toy action figures of Trini and Kimberly? I remember when they first came out, kids at school had them and I didn't hear anyone making fun of them because they had girl action figures.

Claveler
11-28-2005, 07:53 AM
Why don't they just give them some Hayabusas? Now that's a bike.

GalaxyRed
11-28-2005, 07:58 AM
The vehicles are used about as often as they need to be used.

Umm, he asked why we needed bikes every year, especially this year (which I'm guessing he was saying that because of the broom vehicles). I was pointing out that they need transportation, because in Magiranger, they barely used the damn brooms, and it would cost more money to be filming more scenes with the brooms for PR.

This is almost like how people complained that NS got bikes, because they were ninja. So MF shouldn't get bikes because their "Mystic Warriors"? What's the damn difference again? Because "it's not realistic"? Since when does anything in PR have to be realistic?

Did anyone forget that there were toy action figures of Trini and Kimberly? I remember when they first came out, kids at school had them and I didn't hear anyone making fun of them because they had girl action figures.

That was because they still pretty much looked manly.

Merlin
11-28-2005, 08:05 AM
What a hideous contraption. I'd rather have Mystic Red pull up on a big black Harley. Screw subtlety.

GalaxyRed
11-28-2005, 08:09 AM
What a hideous contraption. I'd rather have Mystic Red pull up on a big black Harley. Screw subtlety.

Well, maybe that isn't the finished product. But seeing as how Bruce said that they were like on episode 17 or something of MF, then that's probably unlikely (since the bikes usually debut early in the season).

DiscoInferno
11-28-2005, 08:20 AM
They don't need the extra transportation at all. If anything it's more realistic for them to have bikes (as bikes are more realistic than teleportation) but I don't think they view them as a worthwhile addition. The Deka Vehicles should've been enough for SPD and the sky brooms should have been enough for MF. I can't see any reason for them to use both the brooms and the bike other than to sell toys. Now I don't actually mind the merchandising aspects of the show when there's a feasible reason for it in the show. For example, I didn't mind the bikes in DT at all because they were a much, much better fit for the show than the raptor riders were (which in turn were perfectly fine in Aba). For MF, bikes simply aren't needed with the brooms there.

And people probably complained about NS getting bikes because they had that ninja streak ability.

GalaxyRed
11-28-2005, 08:33 AM
They don't need the extra transportation at all. If anything it's more realistic for them to have bikes (as bikes are more realistic than teleportation) but I don't think they view them as a worthwhile addition.

I actually meant more accurate to the source of the powers, not realistic.

For MF, bikes simply aren't needed with the brooms there.

That's the whole point. The brooms aren't there. In Magiranger, they've only use them twice so far (and it wasn't even the whole team using them, and if they use them in MF at all, it'll just be their debuts because the second appearance can't be used without serious editing). They can't really use the brooms much in MF at all, unless they make new footage with them, which would cost more money, as I said.

And people probably complained about NS getting bikes because they had that ninja streak ability.

I guess you haven't read the "Why do people hate NS" thread. That wasn't the reason some people listed. They apparently complained because "bikes and ninja don't mix", not because they already had the Ninja Streak ability.

DiscoInferno
11-28-2005, 08:53 AM
I actually meant more accurate to the source of the powers, not realistic.

ah ok, in that case I agree with you on this.

That's the whole point. The brooms aren't there. In Magiranger, they've only use them twice so far (and it wasn't even the whole team using them, and if they use them in MF at all, it'll just be their debuts because the second appearance can't be used without serious editing). They can't really use the brooms much in MF at all, unless they make new footage with them, which would cost more money, as I said.

They've been used more than twice, four times at least off the top of my head (2, 4, 17 and 29) and there's probably a few more appearances that I've forgotten about. Only one of those appearances are unusable. And out of interest (I'm asking because I honestly don't know), how many times were the SPD bikes used? I only remember seeing Jack's in one (surprisingly good) action scene.

And I would also argue that they don't need to be used anymore then they have been. I just don't like vehicle based action for the most part and I don't care how the rangers get to their battles.

I guess you haven't read the "Why do people hate NS" thread. That wasn't the reason some people listed. They apparently complained because "bikes and ninja don't mix", not because they already had the Ninja Streak ability.

I haven't, no. The ninja streak is the reason for my dislike of it anyway. I'm not sure if they ever used it morphed, but they should've been able to.

Yamcha
11-28-2005, 11:33 AM
And so toy sales trump logic once again.

Got a giant building you need to scale? Let's use the Mystic Bikes! Cuz obviously they can get to the roof faster than a rocket broom :mad:

And yes, Ninja Storm stopped using bikes once they started using superspeed more often. And the MMPR rarely, if ever, used things like the Shark Cycles or Radbug simply because they could teleport.

These are fuckin' mages. They can create portals here and there. They can grant themselves superspeed if they want. They have rocket brooms that are infinitely more useful both practically and tactically than bikes. And they're going with...bikes?

GrnPsychoDragon
11-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Got a giant building you need to scale? Let's use the Mystic Bikes! Cuz obviously they can get to the roof faster than a rocket broom :mad:

Why would they need to get to a Roof... Why would they need to scale a giant building. I mean how many times in recent PR history have the Rangers been forced to chase a monster via Roof tops.

They'll still have the Sky Brooms. They will still use them. They just have kick ass bikes for the ground travel/battle. I think it's kewl. I actually like the 80s bike look. The suits have an old school feel, I think. So the bike fits.

Yamcha
11-28-2005, 12:31 PM
Why would they need to get to a Roof... Why would they need to scale a giant building. I mean how many times in recent PR history have the Rangers been forced to chase a monster via Roof tops.

Off the top of my mind, when Shadow and Omega confronted those two aliens who were souped up with their own morphers. Or two battles in Deka Vs. Aba.

Lemme ask you this: How many times in recent memory has a Ranger been knocked over a cliff of some kind by a punch or an energy blast?

Stop taking things so seriously.

Edit: And, yeah you're right. I guess Skybrooms can't be used for land-travel.

http://www.ranger-retrocenter.com/misc/SPD-trains8.jpg

Phantom6
11-28-2005, 12:48 PM
Simplistic design. You'd think that if they were so determined to shill motorcycles every year, they'd at least be as sleek as the Shark Cycles.

Best. Bikes. Ever.

Why would they do that? Dirt bikes are cheap as fuck when compared to sport bikes.

SuperNoxic
11-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Because they sell toys.

And so bikes are the only tried-and-true sellers? If they made some actually interesting and different vehicles, they wouldn't sell?

But it's less money than it costs to design and build bikes from scratch and make new footage with those, right?

Shoichi
11-28-2005, 01:11 PM
the bike looks like a blatant ripoff Dairanger's bike, just without the dragon in front.

Gold Samurai
11-28-2005, 01:21 PM
the bike looks like a blatant ripoff Dairanger's bike, just without the dragon in front.

at least it doesn't look bulky like the dino thunder bikes or the TF bikes with the really giant front.

Shoichi
11-28-2005, 01:22 PM
it just doesn't fit MagiRed, even though its in his colours.

SlayerboyM88
11-28-2005, 05:44 PM
If (on that website provided) you go to set-props and then Helmets, you'll see the A-Squad helmets

GreenNinja
11-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Very interesting. Knew we'd be getting bikes in Mystic Force, even if this time around it makes less sense than most.

Poweranimals
11-28-2005, 05:47 PM

it looks like a new zealand company that makes props for shows.. and if you scroll down that red one is marked mystic bike.

here is the pic in question:

Looks awesome. It's called the Flame Cycle by the way.

hasso_opitz
11-28-2005, 05:48 PM
if they make footage with the bikes, including CREATING them, they should have the money for Mystic Force broom footage

Sadsmileyface
11-28-2005, 05:52 PM

http://www.ranger-retrocenter.com/misc/wfbike.jpg

Oh, I knew I had seen it somewhere before.

JustAnotherBlueRanger
11-28-2005, 06:05 PM
And so bikes are the only tried-and-true sellers? If they made some actually interesting and different vehicles, they wouldn't sell?

But it's less money than it costs to design and build bikes from scratch and make new footage with those, right?

Here's some rather sad logic.

Companies are reluctant to try 'new' things when they know they can make X amount of money doing the same thing over and over again.

They introduce the bikes as an American exclusive and get Alpha to feature them heavily in stunts.

They know the return they can get on the investment.

Girls don't get bikes because they don't sell. Someone mentioned Trini and Kim, well that was more then ten years ago. I would think the recent toy sales would answer one way or another.

turbo409uk
11-28-2005, 06:07 PM
What's unforgivable is the fact that the girls arent getting any bikes.

They probably wouldn't have got SWAT mode either if it was specifically an American thing .....

Icon-UK
11-28-2005, 06:47 PM

It'd be more of a risk, and why take risk. Bikes are small (low price point), simple in design and can be used with realtively standard action figures.

Seemingly so.

Tommy
11-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Remember back in 98 when the Space Rangers got Galaxy Gliders? The same vehicles that were used in Megaranger. Why would they be unable to do that today? Get the broom prop, smack it against a blue screen... it's not that hard. The Raptors in DinoThunder I could understand, that takes a lot more work, and they were only used a few times in Abaranger. The cycles also fit DT better, and looked great in my opinion. This is just bad though...

nickraman
11-28-2005, 06:56 PM
Oh hey, remember the SPD Patrol cycled which were used in 2 eppys "Walls" and Dissmissed."

Obviously, Red MF and Yellow MF will have those ghey cycles, the rest will have those sky brooms, or something similiar to LG, I guess

JustAnotherBlueRanger
11-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Remember back in 98 when the Space Rangers got Galaxy Gliders? The same vehicles that were used in Megaranger. Why would they be unable to do that today? Get the broom prop, smack it against a blue screen... it's not that hard. The Raptors in DinoThunder I could understand, that takes a lot more work, and they were only used a few times in Abaranger. The cycles also fit DT better, and looked great in my opinion. This is just bad though...

times have changed.

Poweranimals
11-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Girls don't get bikes because they don't sell. Someone mentioned Trini and Kim, well that was more then ten years ago.
Wrong. Tori and Kira both got them as well.

Eternal
11-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Oh hey, remember the SPD Patrol cycled which were used in 2 eppys "Walls" and Dissmissed."

Obviously, Red MF and Yellow MF will have those ghey cycles, the rest will have those sky brooms, or something similiar to LG, I guess

And Sam...