PDA

View Full Version : X3 Spoilers- cameo and action sequence

laterdayz13
September 16th, 2005, 09:49 AM
www.xmenfilms.net has had alot of exclusive X3 news as of late. I'm pretty score not only interviews with some of the people on set but the ones to score the firstset pics of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Apparently they have done it again and have confirmed a sequence and 2 cameos. One of which makes me smile at the thought:

Have you had enough X3 news for today? I was wondering if I should say this today, or just hold off on it, but it’s exciting news, so we’re going to go and post it now. The X3 cast is ever-expanding with cameos from the X-MEN comics, and now XMF can exclusively reveal two more cameos that you’ll see on the big screen, come May 26th 2006! We back this statement with 100% confidence, and have seen visual proof, so there are no doubts.

OMEGA RED and GAUNLET will be featured briefly in the film, in a scene that resembles the X-Men Evolution episode where the same two characters are chasing after the character, X23. Only this time…it’ll be Wolverine.

What’s happening in this scene? We don’t have the full details, but we do know that the scene has been shot already. You may remember seeing photo’s of Hugh Jackman on set recently. It happens in the very same scene. Could it lead off into the WOLVERINE film? Only time will tell!

I love the idea of seeing Omega Red. Another thing I thought was cool was that creature effects technician Darin Bouyssou has signed on to work on specific characters in X3. His credits Include Hellboy, Jurrasic Park 2, and our very own, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie. The only thing that I am worried about is that word "chase". Wolverine doesn't run from a fight. As long as Wolverine is brawling with these guys, then i'm happy :023:

GrnPsychoDragon
September 16th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Kewl news Omega Red should be awesome to see

laterdayz13
September 16th, 2005, 09:59 AM
lol I just saw this interview from a link at the above website:

DARWIN, the person who took the pictures of Jackman, answered a few questions i sent him about the shoot in Lynn Canyon Valley Park on Saturday September 10, 2005! Some interesting details (BEWARE OF SPOILERS!) - BIG thanks to Darwin.

Quote:
>Can you please describe a little more what Wolverine does in the scene?
A: He is infiltrating the camp of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and killing the evil mutant guards. He shoves his claws into one of them (he had half-length FX claws with orange tape around the blunt ends to add them in later with computers) and slashes another few. It looked like he was in a berzerker rage! No blood, put pretty violent looking. Someone told me in that scene he was there to rescue Jean from Magneto.

>Can you describe the costume(s) the men Wolverine attacks are wearing?
A: They were all black, usually sleeveless and military looking, but not uniforms. They had wild hair (spikey, braided, long, or even bald) and some had tattoos on their face, head or necks. In addition they each had a "mark" of the Brotherhood which looked like an Omega symbol with spikey bits at the bottom. This was either a tattoo on their neck or patch on their outfit (maybe both).

>How many extras were on set?
A: I saw Logan fighting 3 or 4, but there were other "evil mutants" that weren't used in that scene. They all looked pretty badass, most of them had shotguns. There was also another scene being filmed with multiple extras, about 70-80 guys all dressed in identical black outfits. There were also soldiers dressed in high-tech gear and camos.

>Did you hear/see any dialogue?
Nope, just Logan grunting as he sliced up the bad guys.

>How many cameras did they use to film these scene(s)?
Not sure, I only saw one on the ground filming Hugh Jackman and his stunt double, but there was one for the other scene which was on a really high crane looking down.

>How long were you on set?
It was in a public park, I just hung out nearby watching the action for a while.

>Any props to make the area look different?
A: It was set up to look like a large campsite in the woods, besides that there were just cranes with cameras or lights.

>Was Brett Ratner on the set? How much crew was with him?
A: I wouldn't recognise him if I saw him, plus I believe this was the second unit. There were tons of crew around, the ones I talked to were very friendly and professional. Hooray for British Columbia, Canada!

laterdayz13
September 16th, 2005, 10:01 AM
http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/5223/wolv1aa.th.jpg (http://img305.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolv1aa.jpg)

http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/7650/wolv19fj.th.jpg (http://img305.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolv19fj.jpg)