PDA

View Full Version : The Hall of Shamless:Rate Your Ranger Villians

NinjaJack
February 15th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Grumm and Mora are fine since three eps is good enough for an educated guess on future eps.

Starting with Lord Zedd, pre-Rita, I thought he was one of the most fearsome folks on TV. I actually use to think he somehow use to duke it out with Darth Vader in his good ole days.

Rita was really a class act, she not only was a woman who knew what she wanted but she tended to get it when she put her mind too it. We all knew whenever she threw her wand down those awesome MMPR zord fights were about to begin.

Mesogog is clearly my favorite after the classics. If I recall his prototype Drago correctly he was suppose to be some offshoot of Dr. Adler and a Dragon. What I thought was going to be a poorly done attempt by the new crew to add some bad dialog to the villians was actually one of the best acting spots in PR history.

Trekeena was a fun girl! I loved all her looks. Her early armored suit, the catsuit and my favorite the leathal alien insect creature. I remember when she stood atop that hill an faced the Rangers down, and the rangers actually seemed afraid.

This might suprise you but I actually dig Gasket. He was the second brightest villian in the mythos back in the day. I was sad to see him go.

Dragon Voyager
February 15th, 2005, 12:51 AM
This might suprise you but I actually dig Gasket. He was the second brightest villian in the mythos back in the day. I was sad to see him go.
At least he didn't get blown up like the rest of his family did.

Benji-V
February 15th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Trekeena was a fun girl! I loved all her looks. Her early armored suit, the catsuit and my favorite the leathal alien insect creature. I remember when she stood atop that hill an faced the Rangers down, and the rangers actually seemed afraid.
Hell yeah! Trakeena pwned!! :D :023:

Dragonwolf Ranger
February 15th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Still too early to call on Grumm. But here are my thoughts on the other main baddies:

Rita: original one. More funny than scary.

Zedd: Badass who is utterly ruthless(before marriage).

R & Z combined: not so great

Mondo/Louie Kaboom/Gaskett: Didn't watch enough of Zeo to to have opinions on latter two, but Mondo was ok.

Divatox: hated Turbo. May have destroyed Power Chamber, but if it came down to her vs. the rangers, I think she would have lost (doesn't strike me as a fighter).

Astronema: Evil, yet still a pawn in a grander scheme by Dark Spector

Scorpius/Trakeena: Trakeena's better. Scorpius' death struck me as first half-way point where the rangers think all's done, then realize that it's just beginning. Gave him points for cold bloodedly killing Zika though.

Diabolico/Queen Bansheera: Diabolico baddass. Bansheera evil and not caring about her own people. To her they're expendable, even her own son.

Ransik: Badass. Love his final showdown with the rangers in the finale.

Master Org: Evil. Though some may not like him, he still did somehthing none of his predecessors had. He killed a ranger's parents.

Lothor: First total human villain. No possession. No mind control. No alterating of genes. Just a human who embraced darkness and wanted to have power over all.

Mesagog: Result of good intentioned experiment gone wrong. Liked how he wanted to not just rule Earth, and return the planet to the age of the dinosaurs.

Lord ZEDD
February 15th, 2005, 03:22 AM
Eh I'm just gonna rate them all good and bad.

Rita: She was a classic villain she was more funny then threatning. But she did have some awsome plans Evil Green Ranger, Island of Illusion, summoning Lokar and Cyclopsis and one of the worst things any villain has ever done. Kidnapped there family and forced them to just give up there powers. That was one of the smartest moves in the history of the show. Rarely any villain ever does that Sure she was silly and she looked ridicules but she was pretty smart.

Lord Zedd: Well its pretty obvious I love Zedd. He is by far the coolest villain ever. His best days were in the begining of season two. The Mutiny was damned cool his entrance was pretty creepy when I was younger. Also all that stuff he did to Tommy during his run as Green Ranger was pretty bad. Although sometime after Tommy turned into White Ranger Zedd became alittle wimpy and the marriage with Rita didn't help matters.

Rita and Zedd: I hated this in season two they rarely did anything cool except maybe the Green ranger clone. I did like there union in season three. They were constantly beating the rangers. They took away powers Zords Allies. They turned an average girl into one of there biggest threatsthey ever faced. Also the Rangers didn't beat them they lost. It was pure luck and the Machine Empire that made Zedd and Rita loseing. only one man was able to beat them and that was Zordon.

Machine Empire: I thought King Mondo was kinda cool. Not as great as Zedd but good enough as a replacement. He did have a pretty big and cool army I still think the Cogs are some the best grunts in the show. Klank and Orbus even had there moments. As for Machina and Sproket I thought they were boring nothing to really get excited about. I did like Gasket he was one col villain and had some pretty cool ideas like brainwarshing Tommy. To bad we never found out what happened to him.

Louie Kaboom: I just have only one word to describe him. GAY!

Divatox: She was like Rita a Silly villain. But unlike Rita she wasn't a threat at all. She got lucky on Chase into space. Goldgoyal was probraly the most powerful monster ever created it took everything the ranger had to beat it. Then when it was all over she went full attack when pretty much all there help was gone. She attacked a bunch of rookies there weakest. That was her only achievement.

Astronema: She was noting but a puppet. Also her Karone story got boring after awhile. I 99% of PRiS was Andros seartching for his damn sister. Really it seemed like there was a much more interesting story going on like searching for Zordon and the United Evil Alliance that kinda thing. Astronema was one of the worst things in PRiS for me.

Dark Spector: He was cool kinda wish he did more then just yell and die but whatever.

Scorpius: I tought he was pretty boring just look at him he was a giant slug. Thankfully he died.

Trakeena: I wasn't much of a fan of her either really she was kinda boring to. I did like he suits though she did have some pretty cool designs.

Captain Mutiny: His base was on the back of a giant monster dinosaur thats pretty cool. Other then that nothing I can thank of he just wasn't in the show long enough.

Diabolico: He was cool one of the few highlights of lightspeed. I liked how he used Ryan to bad Ryan's character was pretty crappy.

Bansheera: Really even though I did watch almost all of PRLR I dont remember much about her or what she did. Well if she didn't leave an impact on me then then she probraly wasn't all that great anyway.

Ransik:I thought he was great. He was a powerhouse and it was nice to see him every once and while get in a fight with the rangers. To bad he wimped out in the end and had a 180% turn because of a fucking baby.

Master Org: I didn't like him at first but when he revealed his past a Adler he became a great villain. It was a shame that he got replaced with Mandilok when he finally became cool.

Lothor: I liked Lothor I thought he was pretty funny and he had a charisma about himself that jus made him likeable.But he was a dumbass following that scroll without a back up plan incase in failed.

Mesogog: One of the best villains ever the guy oozed badass. Also he was just pure creepy. But alot of this had to do with Mr. Gaines playing him he made Mesogog what he was. I was kinda dissapointed with monster form. You know I find it funny pretty much all the villains I ever liked had some of the worst ends and deaths ever in the show.

Gruumm: I hope he gets better cause so far he is just a poorman's Zedd. maybe his reason for wanting Earth will add something to him.

Mora: I wasn't going to do henchmen but I wil make an acception on her. She sucks I hate kid characters they have always sucked on Power Rangers and she did not break that cycle. I just pray she will grow up into an adult form soon becasue I just dont know how much of her I can take.

Shinobi
February 15th, 2005, 03:28 AM
Divatox to me is the worst of all villians

i always wonder why can't the Main Villians fight the PR instead of the end of the series and instead of them relying on monsters that always loose unless they can't fight for themselves
would have been cool if Lord Zedd fought the rangers at least once instead always Goldar or someone else

Mora could have an alien form

Wes Janson
February 15th, 2005, 04:14 AM
Mora: I wasn't going to do henchmen but I wil make an acception on her. She sucks I hate kid characters they have always sucked on Power Rangers and she did not break that cycle. I just pray she will grow up into an adult form soon becasue I just dont know how much of her I can take.

You saw her in one episode!

onslaught
February 15th, 2005, 04:23 AM
Mora brings out a side of Grumm I don't want to see till later in the season. He should be a ruthless feared monster, not some annoyed father type figure.

Wes Janson
February 15th, 2005, 06:03 AM
He should be a ruthless feared monster, not some annoyed father type figure.

We just had one of those. His name was Mesogog. He raped Elsa on a regular basis. How much more ruthless and feared can you get than that?

Mora presents a unique and interesting situation for Grumm. He's Mesogog with a kid. And unfortunately for Grumm, he can't toss Mora out the nearest airlock -- or be mean to her -- for the sake of his plans to rule the galaxy.

Watching the most vile evil in the universe deal with a child is downright funny. And I have a feeling their character dynamics and chemistry will soon get to you, too.

JediMB
February 15th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Mora kicks ass. ;)
I love her accent and her attitude.

cyberv
February 15th, 2005, 07:01 AM
When Rita was EVIL, she was EVIL. When she had the Rangers hosed, she REALLY had them hosed. Sadly, she wasn't always evil. But I give her points for Terror Toad, STILL one of the ten most demented monster ideas the show's ever seen. She brought us the evil Green Ranger, Zord destruction, kidnapping parents, mind control... Woman could be downright nasty. Of course, her greatest evil was emasculating Zedd.

Zedd? He was downright frightening. Cold, calculating, but he LOVED his work. He oozed menace. He focused on the Green Ranger just to whittle him down. That's just nasty... Hell, he tried the same tricks on the other Rangers while they were still reeling from losing Tommy. That's gotta be a major mind-screw. He made monsters that WON against the Rangers, like Scatterbrain and Wavemaster. Nothing like seeing all six Rangers turned into mindless zombies HALFWAY through the episode. (not to mention the sick ideas SOME fans would have had for mind controlled Kim and Trini)

Together, these two were some how both more and less than the sum of their parts. Zedd became WAY too comedic thanks to the love potion, while Rita somehow became less funny. Still, as others have noted, they completely screwed over the Rangers... Although they did blow it with the Shogunzords. They should have known better than to let the genius Billy anywhere near those machines. But they did defeat the Rangers completely. Without the Aquitians and the timely arrival of King Mondo, that would have been the end of things.

Master Vile: Talked tough, had good plans, but ran like a schoolgirl when he started to lose.

Machine Empire. Mondo was good. Gasket was better. Ka-Boom was a pathetic joke. Like his creators at that point. It was sad to watch the great Empire go from enjoying having a challenge, to becoming frustrated, to being annmihilated by villain infighting.

Divatox... She got lucky at the end. Otherwise, not a serious threat. I mean, she couldn't evn outfight a Ranger team whose most experienced member was twelve.

Astronema... Bad to begin with. After she got mindwashed, became ten times worse. CONQUERED THE UNIVERSE. She wasnm't afraid to fight. Brought forth the Psycho Rangers, and her reign forced Andros to kill Zordon to end it.

Dark Spectre... Never DID anything onscreen. But he captured Zordon and killed Alpha 5. That makes him badass.

Scorpius oozed evil. He was bad to his nonexistant bones. Calculating murderer and despot... brought down by dint of him being a cheap puppet. His daughter, however, was LAME!

Diabolico's journey from loyal demon to tragic hero was fascinating. And hey, you have to love a villain that goes to hell laughing because he's finally won one.

Bansheera? Crazy bitch. Killed her own just for power.

Ransik would have WON if he hadn't had that change of heart. However, he was a murderer, a terrorist, and a sociopath. Only his love for his daughter brought him down.

Master Org? Unabashedly a murderer, and unrepentant at that. Brought down a legion of Zords. Definitely one of the best villains.

Lothor was pathetic. If I ever met this guy in a dark alley, I'm fairly certain I could make him submit by making allusions to Mucha Lucha and Los Luchadores.

Mesogog, however, I wouldn't want to meet in a BRIGHT alley while backed up by SWAT officers and the Marines. Scary guy, especially since he had no concept of personal space. Definitely knew psychological warfare. Definitely a favorite.

Gruumm, right now, is not impressing me. After his behavior in Confronted, I can't help but see the Rangers being threatened by the cast of Make Room for Daddy.

GreenDTRanger
February 15th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Grumm. He's Mesogog with a kid.
Mesogog had a kid

Dragonwolf Ranger
February 15th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Divatox to me is the worst of all villians

i always wonder why can't the Main Villians fight the PR instead of the end of the series and instead of them relying on monsters that always loose unless they can't fight for themselves
would have been cool if Lord Zedd fought the rangers at least once instead always Goldar or someone else

Mora could have an alien form

I think it has to do with their egos. Also Rita and Zedd were sorcerors. It's likely that they probably thought fighting themselves were beneath them. About everyone who came after them have fought when they were quite angry (except for Divatox, who probably would have just been killed). Let's face it most of the main baddies who've fought usually say something along the lines, "I should've done this long ago! I'll destroy you myself!"

shellfox
February 15th, 2005, 11:31 AM
While Mesaogog is one of my top three villians (Zedd and Ransik complete the triad) I never really unerstood what the hell he wanted. Every few eps he'd say he wanted to return to the days of the Dinosaur, but I don't recall ever hearing a WHY? That bothers me, we had this great villian who was scary and classey and elligant, but he didn't really have a good motive, or any motive aside from the occasional revenge scheme.

Wes Janson
February 15th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Mesogog had a kid

No. Mercer had a kid.

PhorceRanger4
February 15th, 2005, 08:11 PM
woah woah woah woah woah....

Dark Specter KILLED Alpha 5?

MoonsKnight
February 15th, 2005, 08:12 PM
I think I've finally figured it out after reading a couple of these posts. Zedd and Rita... alone, menacing, together, a dysfunctional sitcom family.

It's because they cancel out. Neither one is the Yin to the other's Yang, and vice versa. They're both either Yin or Yang. Thus, they can never truly accomplish anything, and anything they try to do comes out as a disaster.

If any of that makes sense... If you would like me to explain further, I'll try, but for now, I'll keep it at that.

Sadsmileyface
February 15th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Scorpius oozed evil. He was bad to his nonexistant bones. Calculating murderer and despot... brought down by dint of him being a cheap puppet. His daughter, however, was LAME!

Are you kidding me? Trakeena? The chick was fricking evil- she was hellbent on revenge after her fathers death.. she stopped at NOTHING. Hell, when she fused with Deviot? The two BEST villains of the season in one body? Trakeeniot was DEMENTED- she sent her ENTIRE ARMY on a suicide mission, and succeeded in killing the lost Galacatabeasts and destroying Terra Venture. It's just a shame she was so neutured in "Trakeena's Revenge".

Master Org? Unabashedly a murderer, and unrepentant at that. Brought down a legion of Zords. Definitely one of the best villains.
Nah, have to disagree with that one. The villains were the highlight of Wild Force, but I could never honestly be interesting ANYTHING Master Org had to say. He was pure pantomime.