PDA

View Full Version : The Fox Kids Countdown!

ZeltrZach
September 24th, 2004, 11:56 PM
I was going through some old cassette tapes and found recordings from way back when of the Fox Kids Countdown. Why I recorded it every week is beyond me. I remember them playing Amish Paradise a lot, and I would play these tapes over and over again to help me to memorize the song. lol. Did anyone else listen to it? If so, what do you remember about it? As for me... well besides Amish Paradise, I remember the interview with Catherine they did, the PR and Beetleborg themes they played, and some crazy sound clips from all the kick ass shows. It made my weekend. Chris Leary was my hero...

bandai1983
September 25th, 2004, 12:45 AM
I wish I can hear it again. Unfortunately I only heard it twice and then it was taken from the station. I knew it was still running cause they still had promos of it on fox. I knew you could request fox kids countdown but I never did. Why would the station want to interrupt their programing for my request anyway? Anyway, I still remember recording it because it was on so early for me. I listen to it in bed and doze off so I record it. I still remember those kooky sound bites that Leary always played. I remember some ranger interviews. I had recorded some Mariah Carey music I didn't care for back in the day but now I love. I recorded The Mariah Carey interview. And Sophie B. Hawkins "As I lay me down" to sleep. Nobody wants to be a Dum Dum. I first heard the mighty morphin power rangers the movie song "They've Got". And also I will Win! and that was when I realized I loved the Fox Kids! Countdown. Before I could'nt care less. I remember He chatted with the Tick, he said "Spoon!" and then He said Mariah Carey and Boyz 2 Men in "One Sweet Day! And Everyone Screams. My most memorable times. I think I heard a Kimberly interview and sumthin about Chris thanking her for being on the show. I regret that it ended. I also catched an episode with Leary in Fox Kids! video Countdown. I liked that too. unfortunately I had no cable to watch the rest. "That time I started getting into music, specifically pop" and I watched a "The Tuesdays" Music Video "It's up to you" I think. Only time I saw that video and I never saw it again and could never find it. I had a hell of time remembering the band too until finally I saw an ad bought the album and I think every song so great. Sorry for ranting. Those were the times...... BTW I wish I had some recordings of other airings cause obviously I erased them. The show can Smoke Radio Disney! Oh, and I love Chris Leary too. He's the Man! I wonder what happened to him? *Sings*The Fox kids Countdown.....* Yes! I found this link again. *Sighs. I found this link years ago but had no Dsl to download it. I tried finding it again but couldnt. Now I try agian and I get it in one shot. How stupid is that? anyway. This link has to foxkids countdown recordings for realplayer. Enjoy! I know I will. Man! This Sucks! It stopped playing in my area in like 1996 but the stream says 1999!
I missed many many Broadcasts! Darn* You I say!!

USSEnterprise
September 25th, 2004, 01:27 AM
I remember listening to it when ASJ was on to promote his return as the Gold Ranger... IIRC, he was on for an entire show. Other than that, not much else... it was always on during odd times and switched stations quite a bit.

Morose Angel
September 25th, 2004, 01:32 AM
-

Eh? What link?

Primo Haim Saban
September 25th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Man, the Fox Kids Countdown was so cool, much cooler than the Fox Family Video Countdown IMO. I recorded some episodes, and still have the full PRiS theme song from it. I loved that radio show.

bandai1983
September 25th, 2004, 11:42 AM
You know, I know I remember putting the link in there. Maybe an admin took it off. Maybe I'm not supposed to link to it? But since I am unsure, if I accidentally deleted it or not, here it is again.
http://www.kpejtv.com/fkcountdown.htm

RitoRevolto
September 25th, 2004, 12:35 PM
I was on there once (for some game...I lost. :mad: ). I still have the CD around somewhere. Anybody want me to put up the recording of that one show on BT for nostalgia's sake when I find it?

bandai1983
September 25th, 2004, 01:15 PM
sure, that be cool. btw, when did they stop broadcasting?

KyL416
September 25th, 2004, 01:22 PM
sure, that be cool. btw, when did they stop broadcasting?
Late 2001/Early 2002.

It was renamed several times. First it was the Fox Kids Countdown, then the Fox Family Countdown, in the end it was the ABC Family Countdown for a short time before it was canned.

momotroninja
September 25th, 2004, 01:36 PM
had it remained, right now it would be the Jetix countdown

Grn_Ranger
September 25th, 2004, 02:10 PM
I still remember the Catherine interview..heh

At the very end, they tried to do this "holy shit putties are attacking us" skit where the only thing you heard was Cat going "heyah" over and over... then at the very end you find the host was hiding under the table the whole time haha..

Stinger180
September 25th, 2004, 02:13 PM
I still remember the Catherine interview..heh

At the very end, they tried to do this "holy shit putties are attacking us" skit where the only thing you heard was Cat going "heyah" over and over... then at the very end you find the host was hiding under the table the whole time haha..

Really, did she talk about anything else? Or was it just kicking the putties? :confused:

Kidsongs
April 13th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I was going through some old cassette tapes and found recordings from way back when of the Fox Kids Countdown. Why I recorded it every week is beyond me. I remember them playing Amish Paradise a lot, and I would play these tapes over and over again to help me to memorize the song. lol. Did anyone else listen to it? If so, what do you remember about it? As for me... well besides Amish Paradise, I remember the interview with Catherine they did, the PR and Beetleborg themes they played, and some crazy sound clips from all the kick ass shows. It made my weekend. Chris Leary was my hero...
Can you make your Fox Kids Countdown cassettes into MP3 files? I am dying to hear this show again. Thanks. Bob

GoldAnyRanger
April 13th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Chris Leary was my hero...

And now, he's playing the role of a "shaving expert" on an infomercial for a new type of electric razor that shaves as close as a blade.

ChazRaps
April 13th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Dude, could you rip some MP3s of the countdown? I'm very interested.