PDA

View Full Version : Latest Sentai 2005 Rumor

Pages : [1] 2

Poweranimals
September 24th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Hey guys, just found a rumor, that puts us back at an all themed olympic series. Except this one is focusing on the planets/gods and is a space based series as well as elements. Which means, Dekaranger's success has had a lot of influence.

2005 Sentai Series (The 29th Sentai Work):

"Planet Squadron Hoshiranger"

Rangers:

RedFire- serious/macho member of the group, leader
BlueWater- hot blooded and non-muscular
GreenLeaf- Pure one of the group
YellowGold- Only female ranger
BlackGround- Cool one, and also macho

If the UFO Machines(Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, and Saturn) carry out Union, "Planet Union StarRobo" if formed.

Sounds kind of interesting. This would be the first time we've had black and green on the core team. This would probably make the two female Rangers yellow and blue. I like this significently more than the winter olympics motif. 2006 could be a great year for PR.

bushwacka666
September 24th, 2004, 11:42 AM
This would probably make the two female Rangers yellow and blue.

But it says that Yellow is the only female.

It doesn't sound too bad so far, but I'd like to hear a bit more detail. I'm also wondering how "Gold" and "Leaf" are elements. Even "Ground" is sort of on the fence.

Typhlareon
September 24th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Sounds very cool. I hope they go with this one :)

Poweranimals
September 24th, 2004, 11:44 AM
It does? That's gay then. Leave it to Sentai to disappoint. Hopefully, PR will make blue a girl if these are even the right colors.

MegaRed
September 24th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Ohhh a god themed Sentai. I like that a Hell of a lot better than that BS Olympic one.

RedSavageWarrior
September 24th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Ohhh a god themed Sentai. I like that a Hell of a lot better than that BS Olympic one.

But can God be mentioned on American TV when the series is adapted? I remember that they had to change most of the plot to Pokemon: The First Movie becuase Mewtwo mentioned god. Would they need to do the same?

Darth Vader
September 24th, 2004, 11:52 AM
I don't mind it being based in space (again :?) but i'd prefer something a little more original.

MegaRed
September 24th, 2004, 11:54 AM
But can God be mentioned on American TV when the series is adapted? I remember that they had to change most of the plot to Pokemon: The First Movie becuase Mewtwo mentioned god. Would they need to do the same?
God and a god are two different things.

Tempest
September 24th, 2004, 11:55 AM
This would be the first time we've had black and green on the core team.
Those are the Liveman colours actually, which I guess is promising in itself.

RangerKing2.0
September 24th, 2004, 11:56 AM
I'm getting tired of the one girl teams. I want two girl teams.

RedSavageWarrior
September 24th, 2004, 11:56 AM
God and a god are two different things.

Ah, OK, I see. So it'll be "a god theme" not "God themed".

Poweranimals
September 24th, 2004, 11:57 AM
I don't mind it being based in space (again :?) but i'd prefer something a little more original.
Dekaranger (I don't know about S.P.D.) isn't really all that space based anyway, is it?)

I mean, sure they might be fighting aliens from space as a part of a space alliance, but do they actually go into space a lot. I heard the first episode has Red Ranger on another planet, but that's all I've heard on that aspect of the show.

justsomeguy
September 24th, 2004, 11:58 AM
I don't remember the plot being changed much, simply the dialogue.

Anyway, a God-themed sentai? Sounds iffy to me. Do the team members have to pray and engage in rituals to obtain their power or something? And UFO Machines? Worst mecha names ever.
:confused: And it's based on planets, Gods, and elements? I have visions of Captain Planet, Sailor Moon, and Norse mythology running through my head now.

Gold Samurai
September 24th, 2004, 12:00 PM
hmm ufo's reminds me of a anime I can't remember the name, but their mech was football player and they shouted

U....F....O!

sounds a bit like ohranger with the mythology angle. Planets? thats like sailor moon.

Poweranimals
September 24th, 2004, 12:02 PM
While trying to avoid turning this into a religous discussion, I must point out. It's not a "God-themed" Sentai, it's a "god-themed" Sentai. And that can be really all summed up as greek mythology. They probably won't even mention the word "god" in the PR version.

Tempest
September 24th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Zyuranger, Kakuranger, Gaoranger, and maybe others I'm forgetting all had gods in them, so this isn't really new.

Benji-V
September 24th, 2004, 12:23 PM
2006 could be a great year for PR.

If we do indeed go back to the space theme, I quite agree. :)

CobraMorphBT20
September 24th, 2004, 12:49 PM

It doesn't sound too bad so far, but I'd like to hear a bit more detail. I'm also wondering how "Gold" and "Leaf" are elements. Even "Ground" is sort of on the fence.

Ground is better than earth. I wish that element had a name that was different than our planet.

But what is gold?

As for leaf, they are cazy over there. Wood I can understand as an element, but they have some stupid idea that steel or metal is an element, & they even combine wood & lightning.

Seems to me, the 6th will be silver & be the "metal" ranger, or white & may be air. Or hell, they could do 7 rangers again & have both. If they do make 7, make white Air be female.

As for mecha, if each planet coresponds to an element, & they are based on greek myth, then Uranus would be the next mecha. & he is the sky, so maybe air would be the next ranger.

Maybe they'll have 9 rangers. But, like sailor moon, they probly wouldnt have an Earth mecha. :rolleyes:

As for which would get castracted for PR, IF they are still going to do that, I'd say green. I mean, the sentai green will probly be all feminey & mother naturey, so would probly be the easyiest to turn female.

bushwacka666
September 24th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Well actually I've just found out that "Fire Red" and "Leaf Green" are two editions of Pokemon games. I don't suppose Pokemon also has "Water Blue", "Gold Yellow" and "Ground Black" editions as well, does it? :D

threefeetoffun
September 24th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Well actually I've just found out that "Fire Red" and "Leaf Green" are two editions of Pokemon games. I don't suppose Pokemon also has "Water Blue", "Gold Yellow" and "Ground Black" editions as well, does it? :D

Pokemon Leaf Green had the rumored name of water blue

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%E9mon_Water_Blue

MoonsKnight
September 24th, 2004, 01:31 PM

What does American TV have to do with anything? It's not like they would actually translate it directly when it is made into Power Rangers.

Kivat
September 24th, 2004, 01:33 PM
This idea... I think it sux..
i know it might be hard to think of ideas for seasons.. but then make a season about F1 Rangers...

Poweranimals
September 24th, 2004, 01:36 PM
F1 Rangers? wtf?

Titaniumblue
September 24th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Cool new rumor. This one sound better than the other one

Kivat
September 24th, 2004, 01:41 PM
F1 Rangers? wtf?

Lol hehe

Something like Carranger, but with F1 Or Race Cars

CobraMorphBT20
September 24th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Lol hehe

No vehicles. :mad:

Damn it. Take it back. Take back the stupid suggestion.

Wes Janson
September 24th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Sailor Moon . . . In Space!!

Look out for the team up with Jesus: In Space soon.

Impy
September 24th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Planet Union StarRobo?

I haven't seen any pics and it's already my favorite mecha!

Poweranimals
September 24th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Lol hehe

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Remix
September 24th, 2004, 02:43 PM
This is indeed a lot better than the all-Olympic motive Sentai. Bring it on. Green and Black would own it. Yes. I'd have to agree that they'll make Blue and Yellow as Girls. Unless they bring in a Sixth which is a female that is either White or Pink/Purple.

As far as Pokemon goes, these titles are pretty much covered:

WaterBlue
SparkYellow
PearlWhite
OnyxBlack

Those titles aren't in the works.. yet, but we can damn sure bet that Nintendo will find some way to bust our wallets once again.

Remix
September 24th, 2004, 02:46 PM
American PR adapts to the Sentai footage without having to mention any religious indication. Let's not turn this into a religious thread. We have enough of those already.

Although it's possible to have some sort of references to the mythological "heroes".

RangerFan
September 24th, 2004, 02:48 PM
It does? That's gay then. Leave it to Sentai to disappoint. Hopefully, PR will make blue a girl if these are even the right colors.

I love how you just insulted NS and DT there.

Dekaranger (I don't know about S.P.D.) isn't really all that space based anyway, is it?)

I mean, sure they might be fighting aliens from space as a part of a space alliance, but do they actually go into space a lot. I heard the first episode has Red Ranger on another planet, but that's all I've heard on that aspect of the show.

I'm sure you haven't seen Deka then. I think the only time there's been a scene in space is the first couple minutes of episode 1, when Ban is chasing an Alienizer with his DekaMachine. Other than that, everything's happened on Earth.

Anyways, Hoshiranger does sound far cooler than Aurora Five.

Poweranimals
September 24th, 2004, 02:52 PM
I love how you just insulted NS and DT there. Um No I didn't.

I'm sure you haven't seen Deka then. I think the only time there's been a scene in space is the first couple minutes of episode 1, when Ban is chasing an Alienizer with his DekaMachine. Other than that, everything's happened on Earth. That's what I figured. Nope, I won't be watching it until S.P.D. finishes.

RangerFan
September 24th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Um No I didn't.

DT: Ethan's the blue ranger and Kira's the only female.

NS: Tori is the only female.

I guess PR is disappointing as well then? :023:

Poweranimals
September 24th, 2004, 03:08 PM
DT: Ethan's the blue ranger and Kira's the only female.

NS: Tori is the only female.

I guess PR is disappointing as well then? :023:
Um, no. They both started with only three Rangers.

RangerFan
September 24th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Um, no. They both started with only three Rangers.

And? What does that matter? NS had a total of six Rangers, only one female. DT has a total of five rangers (six I suppose, since they could've made Triassic a different person) and only one female. I fail to see how PR becomes the exception to the rule.

RedSavageWarrior
September 24th, 2004, 03:17 PM
What does American TV have to do with anything? It's not like they would actually translate it directly when it is made into Power Rangers.

No, they wouldn't directly translate, but they would still be a lot of god themed things going on, not to mention the designs of any weapons, vehicle and Zords would need to be explained. In a god themed series, it would be hard for them not to mention it.

RangerFan
September 24th, 2004, 03:18 PM
No, they wouldn't directly translate, but they would still be a lot of god themed things going on, not to mention the designs of any weapons, vehicle and Zords would need to be explained. In a god themed series, it would be hard for them not to mention it.

They could make it more planet themed than god themed. Look at Zyuranger. The god idea was completely scrapped... for robot dinosaurs.

Morose Angel
September 24th, 2004, 03:18 PM
It would be nice to have another female Ranger on DT, but I for one, am glad that they didn't try to pretend that a male ranger was actually a female.

Quantum Force
September 24th, 2004, 03:23 PM
And? What does that matter? NS had a total of six Rangers, only one female. DT has a total of five rangers (six I suppose, since they could've made Triassic a different person) and only one female. I fail to see how PR becomes the exception to the rule.
b/c PR usually changes one of the male rangers (usually the yellow) and makes them female characters. NS and DT couldent do this becasue it wouldent have really worked out at all. MMPR-WF had all the Yellow rangers except the yellow alien ranger turned into guys when it called for it. (i.e. MMPR, LG-WF). so since it says blue will be the less masculine one he can probably be turned into a she. none of the disney/VR PR has had to deal with it so we'll see how it goes even thought it's like 2 years away.

Poweranimals
September 24th, 2004, 03:36 PM
It's different when you've got a core team of three Rangers. You obviously can't make two females there. And I can accept that the special Rangers will always be guys. The only costume that could've been pulled off as a female was the Navy Ranger, and I was a little disappointed at the time.

But with a core team of five, there's much less of an excuse to not have two female Rangers. But it's okay, because hopefully PR will make one of them female.

Greensy Thunders
September 24th, 2004, 04:00 PM
If they DID make Triassic a ranger, it would be a girl, just to oppose your logic.

EDIT: Whoopsies, wrong quote! :o

RedSavageWarrior
September 24th, 2004, 04:02 PM
If they DID make Triassic a ranger, it would be a girl, just to oppose your logic.

I didn't say anything about the Triassic Ranger, male or otherwise.

PhantomRanger
September 24th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Sounds very interesting, but I like the Olympic theme better.

RangerFan
September 24th, 2004, 04:59 PM
It's different when you've got a core team of three Rangers. You obviously can't make two females there. And I can accept that the special Rangers will always be guys. The only costume that could've been pulled off as a female was the Navy Ranger, and I was a little disappointed at the time.

But with a core team of five, there's much less of an excuse to not have two female Rangers. But it's okay, because hopefully PR will make one of them female.

And if they don't? Will PR become a disappointing hack? Or will you forgive Disney and continue to bash Sentai for it's sabotage?

Poweranimals
September 24th, 2004, 05:17 PM
And if they don't? Will PR become a disappointing hack? Or will you forgive Disney and continue to bash Sentai for it's sabotage?
You're so dumb. :rolleyes:

RangerFan
September 24th, 2004, 05:38 PM

Obviously you're taking rebuttal lessons from White_with_Evil.

Poweranimals
September 24th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Obviously you're taking rebuttal lessons from White_with_Evil.
Your posts are all the same. It's pointless to even argue with you anymore.

SPDekaranger
September 24th, 2004, 05:50 PM
There are so many rumors about Sentai 2005.

NO. You're so dumb, PowerGay

Poweranimals
September 24th, 2004, 05:56 PM
There are so many rumors about Sentai 2005.

NO. You're so dumb, PowerGay
How is it that you still haven't been banned?