PDA

View Full Version : Custom Dekaranger costume idea

colley
September 13th, 2004, 09:00 AM
(Posting this here since most costume conversations I've seen get posted in the merchandise forum)
Been working on a character for a while, and an idea came to me, why not do him as a Dekaranger. Not one of the existing suits, but a completely new one.
Here's the thing, it'd be a Doggier Krueger style ranger. So, a nonhuman humanoid. Why? Because 1)I like Krueger, and 2) it'd be something different.
Since helmets can be a pain (And expensive to get) I was thinking I'd go for the unmorphed uniform. I know some people who can do some good costume sewing, so I figure it would be a lot easier and inexpensive to get one of those made.
Here's were the idea gets kinda odd (Or more so to some people :P).. Keeping with the idea of "Something different" I thought I might say he's a SPD member stationed on Edenoi. Since there's nothing in SPD saying it doesn't exist, why not have the alien masked rider planet out there somewhere? Plus this would give me an excuse to adapt a SPD or Master license with either the Faiz or Orga Driver I've got coming to me soon. (Hey, if you've already got heroes on your planet, why not try to combine technology and see what the end result is, eh?)
For the uniform colors, I thought I might see about either having the star insignia either being solid white, or black with the rest of the suit just outlined in white.
Was considering possibly the name "DekaMask" to reflect the hyrbid, but wanted to get some opinions.

...Ok, yeah, this looks goofy when typed out, but like I said, it's just an idea to try and do something different. :D

Kylash327
September 13th, 2004, 03:26 PM
i designed a Dekamaster style jacket:
http://personalpages.tds.net/~kylash/masterjacket.jpg

Remix
September 13th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Kylash, that's pretty sweet.

4 questions:
- Where'd you get the jacket?
- What did you use for the patterns and the rest of the designs?
- That SPD logo is handmade right?
- What type of fabric should I be using?

colley
September 13th, 2004, 03:36 PM
i designed a Dekamaster style jacket:
http://personalpages.tds.net/~kylash/masterjacket.jpg

...Holy crap that's awesome. o_O I want one just for everyday use now.

Kylash327
September 13th, 2004, 03:40 PM
its just a picture i photoshopped....i havent gotten one made yet LOL

colley
September 13th, 2004, 03:44 PM
its just a picture i photoshopped....i havent gotten one made yet LOL

S'what I figured when I saw it. It'd still look pretty cool to get made though.