PDA

View Full Version : Trent has the Japanese Morpher

Green Samurai R
July 31st, 2004, 10:08 AM
Why would Bandai give us a different morpher when Trent has the original Japanese morpher. He morphed for the first time today and U didn't see hom pull the tab but when he brought the drago morpher to his chest the tab was up and mouth open, then when he pressed the button both the mouth and tab snapped shut at the same time. WTF BANDAI??

Nightcrawler
July 31st, 2004, 10:32 AM
I noticed that too, plus Tommy's Brachio Morpher has a metal key. All their props seem to be Japanese, probably becuase they are already made.

PR_Chronology_editor
July 31st, 2004, 10:57 AM
That's why I started complaining about BA in the first place, you can clearly see their using the japanese toys for props, but they haven't always done that, like in Time force, especially during end of time when eric took off his morpher, you noticed that they were using the US toys for props, maybe they did that cause it was the season finale, but I didn't really check during the whole series.

Ninja storm also used the japanese toys as props, cause you could see the wind morphers didn't have stickers on top, but bumps like the Japanese version.
I know when Fox kids owned PR they sometimes used the US props as toys, cause even in PRIS, and during lost galaxy teamup with Space, when andros opened his morpher you saw the sticker that was on it. the one that has what numbers to push for what sounds. I guess when Disney and VRP started making PR they decided to do away with that, or maybe because they are filming in New zealand and not the US, it's easier just to use the Japanese version.

But if we actually SEE trent use the tab, i'm sure that when some fans will get angry.

Outatime
July 31st, 2004, 11:07 AM
That's why I started complaining about BA in the first place, you can clearly see their using the japanese toys for props, but they haven't always done that, like in Time force, especially during end of time when eric took off his morpher, you noticed that they were using the US toys for props, maybe they did that cause it was the season finale, but I didn't really check during the whole series.

actually in TF for Erics Quantum morpher he switched off. in some shots he was using the american version (4 buttons that work, crappy little cartoon images) and in the next shot he'd be wearing the japanese version (7 fully functional buttons, like its supposed to be).

PR_Chronology_editor
July 31st, 2004, 11:40 AM
Did they do the same thing in PRIS or even Lost Galaxy, didn't watch lost galaxy much, I was just wondering if it was just Fox kids that used the US toys cause it was filmed in the US, so they could have a cheap $10 stunt prop. I'm sure someone knows which morphers were used when, even from the beginning.

Outatime
July 31st, 2004, 11:52 AM
MMPR was the first series to use morphers that werent american made, or perhaps they were, but just had the gold plate on the back of them (zyuranger style ...... they usually had the american made ones but they did use the japanese ones occassionally).. all the other seasons up until time force used the american toys.. then in TF the quantum ranger used the japanese morpher now and then. in NS they used the japanese morphers and now DT also uses the japanese morphers

grnrngr
July 31st, 2004, 11:55 AM
You morons. They're using the JAPANESE PROPS. This has nothing to do with toys. If they don't get the Japanese PROPS, they use the American TOYS as replacements.

You guys just like to complain, eh?

Ravage26
July 31st, 2004, 11:58 AM
Damn, am I glad I imported the Dino Minder (pulls tab and giggles like a little bitch). :D :eusa_danc

PR_Chronology_editor
July 31st, 2004, 11:59 AM
They do use the Japanese Props, but not for stunts. I mean I know at least until time force, there are some points where they would use US TOYS as morpher props, you could see it in some closeups.

TPV3 Version 2
July 31st, 2004, 12:31 PM
They do use the Japanese Props, but not for stunts. I mean I know at least until time force, there are some points where they would use US TOYS as morpher props, you could see it in some closeups.

grnrngr just fucking said that.

Kamen_Rider_V3
July 31st, 2004, 01:32 PM
From what I saw on the set.. Toei shipped them one of each suit to use for reference in making their own PR suits and one morpher that I would assume would be the Japanese version. I never asked them directly, But I noticed they had one of each helmet in a area different from the US made suits. If anyone here remembers when i posted the Wildforce suit pix you can see the US made suits and the japanese suits. I think they got the morphers for the series start by using the Japanese versions and later when Bandai got the US ones they used those too. I remember the crew telling me they went to KB toys and bought out all their Timeforce morphers once. So ity is just a hunch. I may be wrong..Like I said I never really asked that question.

Shifty02
July 31st, 2004, 01:47 PM
Just when I'm beginning to not hate KRV3 anymore, he goes and says he visits the sets, and make me hate him again :005:

I had always thought that there were no morpher/changer props per-say but they were pretty much the toys. If that's correct, to say they're using "Japanese Props" is wrong. Their just using the Japanese Toys AS props.

Which is all a moot point anyway, cause they can use whatever they want on the show, and Bandai knows kids (and most of us) will still buy the versions they put out.

-Shifty

Outatime
July 31st, 2004, 07:09 PM
You morons. They're using the JAPANESE PROPS. This has nothing to do with toys. If they don't get the Japanese PROPS, they use the American TOYS as replacements.

You guys just like to complain, eh?

nope.. you're wrong. i'll have to find out which TF video it is, but in the video you can clearly see it is the japanese TOY morpher that Eric uses. i saw the japanese toy morpher on ebay a while back and it looked exactly the same as the one he was wearing for part of the movie. it wasn't a prop... not high quality, simply the timefire morpher (toy).

Kamen_Rider_V3
July 31st, 2004, 09:17 PM
Just when I'm beginning to not hate KRV3 anymore, he goes and says he visits the sets, and make me hate him again :005:

I had always thought that there were no morpher/changer props per-say but they were pretty much the toys. If that's correct, to say they're using "Japanese Props" is wrong. Their just using the Japanese Toys AS props.

Which is all a moot point anyway, cause they can use whatever they want on the show, and Bandai knows kids (and most of us) will still buy the versions they put out.

-Shifty

Sorry.. I was not trying to sound like a "i have been there " Kinda guy. But I just noticed it and thought i would share that as well.
:cool:

PR_Chronology_editor
July 31st, 2004, 10:58 PM
well having just one morpher would make since, so like in time force, in some shots you see the japanese morpher, but notice in those shots (That aren't Sentai ) when you see the japanese version, there's usually no action involved.
We can't really notice it in Dino Thunder since, unlike the past seasons, they aren't wearing their morphers all the time, they wear those bracets.

My guess is if they did get only one japanese morpher, they use it in shots that don't involve stunts. Then for the stunts they can use the US toys, cause if they break, oh well it's just $10. but if the Japanese version breaks, that's the only one. like during the end of time, I watched it again and noticed that most of the time when u see the US morpher, it's during or right after a stunt scene, like after fighting, during fighting, or things like that. I don't know about other seasons though.

And I did see during quantum Quest you see the time fire morpher, case it even says time fire, but I think that's Sentai footage.

Shifty02
August 1st, 2004, 02:25 AM
Sorry.. I was not trying to sound like a "i have been there " Kinda guy. But I just noticed it and thought i would share that as well.
:cool:

It's okay man, I know you know your stuff...I was just givin' you a hard time :023:

-Shifty

The Night
August 1st, 2004, 02:35 AM
Damn, am I glad I imported the Dino Minder (pulls tab and giggles like a little bitch). :D :eusa_danc

Where did you import it from? I would like to get one too.

DarkDragoon
August 1st, 2004, 03:24 AM
I think it's pretty stupid how his morpher started off not doing anything when he morphed.. he just pushed the button.. and now for no reason the jaw is magically opened and the gold tab magically pulled out before he pushes the button.

The Real Torhu
August 1st, 2004, 09:49 AM
Nevermind...

Dami-chan
August 1st, 2004, 10:09 AM
Where did you import it from?

Japan? ..... couldnt resist :005:

If you watch www.hlj.com they may get some in, somtimes they get old stuff. I actually nabbed the last one from the original stock :D

I guess theres also www.toysnjoys.com but I hear there service sucks.

And as always theres ebay and yahoo auctions japan.

Ravage26
August 1st, 2004, 12:32 PM
Japan? ..... couldnt resist :005:

If you watch www.hlj.com they may get some in, somtimes they get old stuff. I actually nabbed the last one from the original stock :D

I guess theres also www.toysnjoys.com but I hear there service sucks.

And as always theres ebay and yahoo auctions japan.

I got mine from www.hlj.com right before they were out of stock. Toysnjoys.com's service does suck. Order from them at your own risk. :o