PDA

View Full Version : Would a Power Rangers: Chronicles work?

Red Mystic Ranger
10-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Today, I was watching clips on YouTube and one of the related videos was an episode from the Pokemon Chronicles series. I thought about it and how the upcoming series Gokaiger would bring in new, unseen rangers to the Powers Rangers universe. Since making origins for each new team would be time consuming and would take focus off the gokaigers, I thought wouldn't it be cool if we had a mini-series revolving around characters/rangers other than the current team. These episodes could be 15 minute stories or a full 30 minutes if extra time is needed. This can also allow new adventures for your favorite teams, too. Maybe they could catch up with teams like Lightspeed Rescue or Ninja Storm. Hey, take could even make that Scorpion Rain (I know that's a longshot, but whatever). This don't even have to push later series back because they can be aired during Samurai, Megaforce, and the Gokaiger adaptions. What do you guys think?

tasti man LH
10-12-2011, 08:17 PM
It's been an idea that I've thought as well: Saban making a mini-series about each individual Ranger team that hasn't appeared yet, and said mini-series would run alongside the normal current PR season. Unlike the normal series, this one would be significantly shorter. Say, 10-20 eps.

Granted, the only problem would be if the company would be willing to go ahead with extra costs or not.

(although if we can expect Saban to start making and releasing other shows in the future, it's a possibility. But who knows?)

jaguarranger
10-12-2011, 08:19 PM
I think it has potential, but I doubt it will happen outside of fanfics.

Gokaichanger
10-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Just use all of the old pre zyu footage and make it look old like from a secret government video or some shit, I don't know fuck you

KingRainja
10-12-2011, 08:23 PM
It's been an idea that I've thought as well: Saban making a mini-series about each individual Ranger team that hasn't appeared yet, and said mini-series would run alongside the normal current PR season. Unlike the normal series, this one would be significantly shorter. Say, 10-20 eps.

Granted, the only problem would be if the company would be willing to go ahead with extra costs or not.

(although if we can expect Saban to start making and releasing other shows in the future, it's a possibility. But who knows?)

The toy sales alone would be a driving force to do it. They have like 15 years worth of teams that they can market figures and zords and such for...

Red Mystic Ranger
10-12-2011, 08:24 PM
I don't know fuck you
Excuse me????

Gokaichanger
10-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Excuse me????

;).

Brown Ranger
10-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Sounds more like a TV documentary of all the past seasons.

Quantum Wolf
10-12-2011, 09:02 PM
The Sentai footage is fine, but I question exactly how they're gonna shell out for everything else, like actors, original footage, etc. Particularly if it's only gonna be for a set period of time as opposed to a full season.

Xenotome
10-12-2011, 09:06 PM
If specific teams become popular then Saban may look into expanding on that team, but I doubt you'll see anything en masse for the pre-zyu rangers.

Red Mystic Ranger
10-12-2011, 10:53 PM
I think that amount of actors could cause a budget problem, but they can make these teams anything they want them to be. Making a bunch of these rangers aliens would cut costs but it also can make for interesting stories.

For me, I think a 40epx15min (but shown as 20epx30min) would be a reasonable amount for a mini season and with 40 15 minute episodes Saban would be able to cover every team and have episodes left for generally liked teams.

And I know that they can't get everyone back, but why not use the idea of new recruits. All rangers have to put down the morpher sometimes and get some peace and quiet I think if any member can't fulfill his or her duties anymore, they should hand it off to the younger generations.

johnpariah
10-13-2011, 12:07 AM
Animation.

I know I've said this alot, but if Saban would put online little 15 minute animated shorts, similar to the DC Universe Shorts included on all the new DC Animated movies, maybe do 2 per team, just to flush out their backstory.

Run them online during Goseiger. So when the Gokaiger adaptation debuts, we have most-if not all the teams established and ready to reference.

Than release the whole collection on Blu Ray...

tasti man LH
10-13-2011, 02:10 AM
The toy sales alone would be a driving force to do it. They have like 15 years worth of teams that they can market figures and zords and such for...

...only problem with that is that we have no idea if BoJ still has the molds/plans for the old toys. Nor if BoA is willing to resurrect all of them.

BadDogg
10-13-2011, 02:12 AM
Animation.

I know I've said this alot, but if Saban would put online little 15 minute animated shorts, similar to the DC Universe Shorts included on all the new DC Animated movies, maybe do 2 per team, just to flush out their backstory.

Run them online during Goseiger. So when the Gokaiger adaptation debuts, we have most-if not all the teams established and ready to reference.

Than release the whole collection on Blu Ray...

That is a truly epic idea. I always thought the idea animated power rangers had merit. There would be less budget restrictions. Saban would save thousands from pyrotechnics alone. Also, using minisodes would be a good way to test the waters on which teams have the most appeal.

Chiron723
10-13-2011, 02:19 AM
...only problem with that is that we have no idea if BoJ still has the molds/plans for the old toys. Nor if BoA is willing to resurrect all of them.

What about the Gokaiger toy line? It would seem stupid with this big anniversary season where the Rangers ability to change into past rangers, and not release new molds for the toy line.

tasti man LH
10-13-2011, 02:26 AM
What about the Gokaiger toy line? It would seem stupid with this big anniversary season where the Rangers ability to change into past rangers, and not release new molds for the toy line.

...well besides certain action figures and the Ranger Keys, there's really no other toys that are from the pre-Zyu era. So no, that won't work.

Chiron723
10-13-2011, 02:31 AM
...well besides certain action figures and the Ranger Keys, there's really no other toys that are from the pre-Zyu era. So no, that won't work.

Well I stand by what I said. Just not in the way I intended.

Red Mystic Ranger
10-18-2011, 02:57 AM
I think toys could work, but they probably should pick a select few rangers/zords/bikes/weapons from each team. And maybe some of the zords could combine to make a megazord(s). That could be their gimmick.

Bacon&Eggs
10-18-2011, 03:16 AM
Just use all of the old pre zyu footage and make it look old like from a secret government video or some shit, I don't know fuck you

lol

johnpariah
10-21-2011, 02:21 AM
RE: Toys....

for the most part-just mimic the Gokaiger toyline. Release the Pirate Megazord, than the Auxillary Zords for stuff like MagiDragon, GaoLion, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

One idea, for the Megazord combination-since BoA loves their "COMBINE EVERYTHING TOGETHER" gimmick right now. Release the base Megazord...the Pirate Megazord or whatever it gets called. THAN, for other combos ie: ShinkenGokai Oh, which could just be done as some armor plates and a fancy new hat-release a set, like the "Power Rangers Pirate: Samurai Pirate Mega Zord Pack". Said pack would include the core Samurai Ranger Keys, as well as the Mega Zord armor plates / accessories. Same for the SPD, Mystic Force, and Wild Force. Ninja Storm could probably work that way too.

Other ones, like Goseiger (or Mega Force??) where its just an attack, they could probably skip.

I'm still a fan of my Animation idea. Saban wants to branch out onto the Internet. I'm sure Saban Brands can get a partners account on YouTube with ease. Throw up 15 minute Animated episode shorts for each of the past team. Maybe do them in two parters. Animation is CHEAP (by comparison) and has a high profit margin (again, comparison). Do them in two parters, so we can get a feel of each of the teams. There are what? 18 pre Zyu teams? So that'd be a grand total of 36 short animated episodes. You wouldn't HAVE to bring back any voice actors, just hire random ones. If they did include any MMPR-Goseiger teams, they still wouldnt HAVE to get the original actors. Plus, if they did-they wouldnt nessecarially have to fly them out to film-as the actor could LITERALLY phone in their performance.

I know the big appeal of Power Rangers is its live action-but if fans want these past teams explored, i just cant see Saban shelling out the money to do live action stuff for them.