PDA

View Full Version : Scorpina and Trakeena Sisters?

Silver Zeo
February 12th, 2011, 03:33 AM
I know I have heard a little suspicion of this before but has anyone ever given it some serious thought? It seems like it would make a ton of sense. I mean we know nothing of her origin so it stands to reason she could be Scorpius' daughter, even sharing a name. What do you think? I like the idea.

XtrEEmMaShEEn3k2
February 12th, 2011, 03:41 AM
So you're saying all Bug people look alike? That's so racist.

Cosmic Dreamer
February 12th, 2011, 03:53 AM
The original idea was to have Scorpina be Scorpius's wife and Trakeena their daughter and try the evil family as villains again since it worked for Zeo, but after rewrites it was decided that it was best for Trakeena is succeed her father mid season. The mom would have just got in the way of her character.

Silver Zeo
February 12th, 2011, 04:01 AM
The original idea was to have Scorpina be Scorpius's wife and Trakeena their daughter and try the evil family as villains again since it worked for Zeo, but after rewrites it was decided that it was best for Trakeena is succeed her father mid season. The mom would have just got in the way of her character.

Do you have a link for this! That is really great information and a very interesting concept.

JediMB
February 12th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Scorpina left Goldar for Scorpius! What a bitch!

>_>

Sadsmileyface
February 12th, 2011, 07:45 AM

I've never read anything that's suggested that...

Citrus
February 12th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Yeah, this Scorpina/Scorpius thing is new to me too...you sure it's not just a rumor?

Icon-UK
February 12th, 2011, 08:31 AM

>_>

Well, after she found out about Goldar and Finster's regular get togethers at a motel just outside Angel Grove, what was she supposed to do? (Now I have a mental imagine of Finster shouting "Who's your daddy!" to Goldar, and it WON'T GO AWAY!!!!! :( )

ModRn
February 12th, 2011, 12:32 PM

>_>

Could YOU resist those long, juicy tentacles?

Dairanger
February 12th, 2011, 12:54 PM

>_>

Once he got those wings, she said 'deuces'

Tv1boy
February 12th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Ironic about Scorpions and Grasshopper villains, last night I'd watched the silent film version of "The Phantom of the Opera" where there was a scene that the Phantom makes the main female character choose between a Scorpion and a Grasshopper.

Now I understand why he thinks that they're related!:005:

JediMB
February 12th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Could YOU resist those long, juicy tentacles?

I...

You have a point.

Ironic about Scorpions and Grasshopper villains, last night I'd watched the silent film version of "The Phantom of the Opera" where there was a scene that the Phantom makes the main female character choose between a Scorpion and a Grasshopper.

Now I understand why he thinks that they're related!:005:

That's not irony.

Tv1boy
February 12th, 2011, 04:23 PM
That's not irony.

What do you mean?

JediMB
February 12th, 2011, 04:27 PM
What do you mean?

irony (usually uncountable; plural ironies)

A statement that, when taken in context, may actually mean something different from, or the opposite of what is written literally; the use of words expressing something other than their literal intention, notably as a form of humor.
Dramatic irony: a theatrical effect in which the meaning of a situation, or some incongruity in the plot, is understood by the audience, but not by the characters in the play.
Ignorance feigned for the purpose of confounding or provoking an antagonist; Socratic irony.
(informal, proscribed) The quality or state of an event being both coincidental and contradictory in a humorous or poignant and extremely improbable way.

JDF'd
February 12th, 2011, 04:31 PM
The word irony is based on opposing forces in the sense that something is done with the intent of producing a desired result or avoided a undesirable result. Instead the action leads to the opposite event.

That often gets confused with a coincidence which is what you described. A similar topic coming up in two different settings within a short span of time is, by definition, a coincidence.

Don't worry. Many people get it confused all of the time. I personally prefer to expel it from people through a series of progressively stronger shaming tactics. Granted, they haven't produced any solid results yet...

---

As far as the topic goes, Scorpina and Trakeena COULD be sisters in so much as the sense that we've seen nothing to suggest that they couldn't be but we've also seen nothing to suggest that they could be. That is, unless you count the bug theme as evidence and it wouldn't make a lot of sense to do so.

Silver Zeo
February 12th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I think it also says a lot that both of them have humanoid and bug forms. I mean not a ton of monsters do, some yes, but not a lot. It could be a genetic trait of the Scorpius bloodline.

puperazzi
February 12th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I actually like the idea. If not direct sisters, then perhaps members of that same race at least.

JDF'd
February 12th, 2011, 05:11 PM
The real question is what's the relationship between Psycho Red and Ghouligan?

yami senshi youkaiou
February 12th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Ghouligan is Psycho Red's brother the family doesn't like to talk about because he always sends threatening letters to the cast of Golden Girls.

Tv1boy
February 13th, 2011, 11:35 AM
irony (usually uncountable; plural ironies)

A statement that, when taken in context, may actually mean something different from, or the opposite of what is written literally; the use of words expressing something other than their literal intention, notably as a form of humor.
Dramatic irony: a theatrical effect in which the meaning of a situation, or some incongruity in the plot, is understood by the audience, but not by the characters in the play.
Ignorance feigned for the purpose of confounding or provoking an antagonist; Socratic irony.
(informal, proscribed) The quality or state of an event being both coincidental and contradictory in a humorous or poignant and extremely improbable way.

Oops...I mean coincidence. My bad.

puperazzi
February 13th, 2011, 11:41 AM
The real question is what's the relationship between Psycho Red and Ghouligan?Psycho Red was killed and his soul went to hell, right? Seems pretty straightforward to me!

Windgrail
February 13th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Psycho Red was killed and his soul went to hell, right? Seems pretty straightforward to me!

But sir, what about Grumble Bee and Waspicable? Was Grumble recreated by Finster and then banished to space Lothor-style?

On topic, the possibility of a bloodline like that is certainly interesting. I like it. Wish it could be proved though.

Citrus
February 13th, 2011, 12:29 PM
But sir, what about Grumble Bee and Waspicable?\

I've always thought that some of the weekly evil space aliens lived throughout the galaxy, and Finster only recreated them from putty, with the help of his re fence book. For example, when Rita told Finster "make me a Pudgy Pig", she didn't mean 'design one', she meant 'make a putty Pudgy Pig and animate it'. There could be a whole colony of Waspicables and Grumbe Bees out there on some honeycomb planet...

While some monsters, like Shellshock, were clearly designed by someone, some have more questionable pasts, like the Knasty Knight. There was clearly a Knasty Knight in the past, who fought that ancient warrior. I figured Rita and crew just...like...rebuilt him, because he was so useful 10,000 years ago.

yami senshi youkaiou
February 13th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Well if you made something you could always make a new one in case something happened to the old one.

Fried Mattato
February 13th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Scorpina in lost Galaxy would have been a great idea. They could have played her as trying to steal Scorpius' power after his death and given Trakeena a defining obstacle, both proving herself a successor to her father and the kind of person who would kill her mother for power.

Most importantly, it would have given resolution to her character instead of he disappearance for now reason back in MMPR.

peas_and_corn
February 13th, 2011, 07:16 PM
The actor who played Scorpina in Zyuranger was my first actor crush. *sigh*

yami senshi youkaiou
February 13th, 2011, 07:19 PM
EDIT: nevermind

TheOriginalRanger
February 13th, 2011, 07:20 PM
That's not irony.

What do you mean?

Bender defines "irony" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY_amJ0YZrM)