PDA

View Full Version : MMPR Green Ranger for under 175!

superfunk
10-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Hey guys, I just put the final touches on my MMPR Green suit. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. Basically I made it to wear and get looks and stuff as I wear it campus and things of the sort but I put alot of work into it so I wanna show it off.

My helmet started out as pepakura and I only wanted to do that, then as halloween was approaching, I figured I could finish it before my party. So I got to work and made the rest of the suit. Also, in the process of doing it, I made the red, blue, yellow, pink and I'm working on black helmets in pepakura and I'll post those pics when I'm all done with them.

So basically I made it for under $175 in the spirit of Richard Strahl. He motivated me to do it and brought pepakura to my eyes. Before that, I was completely not for paying 300-400 bucks for something I'm going to wear maybe 3 times a year. (My brother and I have ghosbusters suits and a car so I think we've spent our stupid money for this lifetime already.) Richard worked with me and told me how he did his stuff and where to get things and I made some adjustments as I saw fit so it turned out being a little cheaper.

Regardless, I'm proud and if you guys want to know how I did anything or stuff, just ask. I'll be glad to help.

Special thanks goes to Richard Strahl for his help, DungBeetle for letting me have his pep file, and random noob threads. Without those, this would've looked like shit. (maybe it does anyway?)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/superfunk7734/DSC00238-Copy.jpg

whiterangerrocks
10-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Dude it looks pretty cool!!

zaidi
10-30-2010, 10:23 AM
well dude as long you are happy that the most important thing~!

superfunk
10-30-2010, 11:20 AM
I got drunk in it last night and it held together pretty well. Fiberglass is a wonderful thing!

chrisguyver
10-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Can we get close up pics of helmet please

BAH81985
10-30-2010, 01:18 PM
very cool

Roush9855
10-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Pretty good helmet using pepkura

TuxedoK
10-30-2010, 02:37 PM
thats pretty impressive for such a limited budget.

foxy_lady_3386
10-31-2010, 05:03 AM
Definitely want to see more. Especially of all the helmets you made! What are the cuffs made of?

VanDonovan
10-31-2010, 02:18 PM
lol the helmet is the best part. Are you wearing sweat pants? Overall it's a great budget Halloween costume. Better than the store-bought kind and there's no mistaking who you are. I'm less impressed with the triangles on your cuffs/boots though, they just look sloppy. Everything else is pretty great though, especially for under $175. Would love to see more shots of the helmet.

superfunk
10-31-2010, 02:34 PM
The material I used for the triangles on the cuffs and boots was shitty. It was difficult to cut them right. Besides, I made the suit cheap so I wouldn't feel bad breaking it in my drunken state.

zekiseiya
02-09-2012, 09:50 PM
i need pepakura shield the green ranger, can i help me???????: (

Angelus Tacos
02-09-2012, 09:56 PM

you really need to use the search function that is why its there, also don't revive a thread that is over a year and a few months old, its easier to use the search function you would find stuff like THIS (http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=149988&highlight=dragon+shield)

MnemonicSyntax
02-09-2012, 10:13 PM

You've been going around asking for Pepakura and you're not giving anyone any time to upload them again for you. You've posted in two other threads about it, that's enough. You don't need it right this damn second.

Wait for it. If you make another post about pepakura again without giving it a few days for someone to respond to your original two posts, you're getting an infraction.