PDA

View Full Version : Popularity of certain Rangers/Sentai members?

wolfoxokamichan
August 29th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I'm wondering who were the popular ones on the West (PR) and East (Sentai). Granted, PR already has most of the S1 cast being popular, but what about the rest of the series? Is Xander really that popular or is it just a fad?

As for the East, I know for a fact that Chiaki is (apparently) popular in the Shinkenger series, but what about the rest? I know Doggie is quite popular for the kemono fandom, but what about the regular viewers? Was Burai as notable as Tommy?

RahBaby
August 29th, 2010, 03:51 PM
PR cast is definately most popular than Sentai. Amy Jo is the most popular actress of PR in my opinion. We could also count three or four more but she is the highest known person from PR mainly because she very popular back in the 90's thanks to MMPR and Felicity and now she's on Flashpoint.
As for Sentai, well, Japanese idols usually has a short famous career, I take the Sailor Moon cast for an example... Of course, Keiko Kitagawa is an exception

wolfoxokamichan
August 29th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I didn't really mean about the actors themselves but rather the characters that they play.

Xenotome
August 29th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Basically the original five & Tommy.

wolfoxokamichan
August 29th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Is it me or is Sun Vulcan referenced a lot? Astro Warrior Sunred uses it as reference. Miscellaneous details in shows tend to show a triple-hero theme in various anime (like in Yatterman).

Meteo Archon
August 29th, 2010, 04:34 PM
And there have been at least three parody themes using the Sun Vulcan Tune.

jaymeeraine
August 29th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Basically the original five & Tommy.

I feel as though Tommy drowned out the original five with his arrival, and the series became mainly focused on him.

wolfoxokamichan
August 30th, 2010, 04:30 AM
And there have been at least three parody themes using the Sun Vulcan Tune.

Oooo, what are they?

AdamPark62
August 30th, 2010, 04:42 AM
I think the pr cast is more popular. Jason David Frank, Amy Jo Johnson, Johnny Yong Bosch, and david yost still famous.

the black skull
August 30th, 2010, 05:22 AM
i think that daniel southwort is a well known name

wolfoxokamichan
August 30th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Also I don't mean the "most popular", but rather, the popular ones per series.

archer9234
August 30th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Well Burai had to be very popular. They continued the 6th warrior trend from that point.

AdamPark62
August 30th, 2010, 08:20 AM
for me:

mmpr:jyb,jdf & ajj
zeo:jyb & jdf
turbo:jyb,jdf & tracy lynn cruiz
space:tracy lynn cruise and the guy who played andros
ninja storm:sally martin
rpm:Milo Cawthrone
SPD:Matt Austin

for the other season i don't know

RahBaby
August 30th, 2010, 09:29 AM
If you mean the characters, there's no question about it: the original team will always be the most popular (everyone can name at least two of them), specially Kimberly and Tommy

Warfare
August 30th, 2010, 09:43 AM
I think with Sentai it depends on whether or not the season is popular. I'm thinking DekaYellow and DekaPink are pretty popular, BoukenRed, ShikenRed, TimeFire, Burai ( I think he was the first Evil Sentai so he got propably the same Badass credit as Tommy), And yeah Doggie too.

SylvanGenesis
August 30th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Apart from the original five I'd speculate that the Retro team from PROO was made up of pretty popular members of the respective teams.

AdamPark62
August 30th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Apart from the original five I'd speculate that the Retro team from PROO was made up of pretty popular members of the respective teams.

I haven't seen many fan of zack & trini.

s1e9a8n5
August 30th, 2010, 12:23 PM
I feel as though Tommy drowned out the original five with his arrival, and the series became mainly focused on him.
I'd say not only that but the relationship between Tommy and Kimberly as well. But it didn't bother me. I loved both.

wolfoxokamichan
August 31st, 2010, 03:02 AM
I think with Sentai it depends on whether or not the season is popular. I'm thinking DekaYellow and DekaPink are pretty popular, BoukenRed, ShikenRed, TimeFire, Burai ( I think he was the first Evil Sentai so he got propably the same Badass credit as Tommy), And yeah Doggie too.

I take it that the popular ones are either the badass ones (Burai, Doggie), the "cool" ones (Chiaki, TimeFire), or the cutey girly (DekaPink) types?

Hmm true - though isn't Red Ninja Thunder also popular?

NashMV3
August 31st, 2010, 03:32 AM
Based on what I've read, a lot of people who went to PMC2 all agree that Erin Cahill, aka Jen from PRTF, is a sweetheart and they all like her even more. Even before hearing about this, I liked her a lot.

Goddamn it, I am so going to the 2012 one.

Gold Ranger
August 31st, 2010, 03:48 PM
Tough question, simply because you'll get different answers from different sets of "fans".

To those casual fans who watched the first season or two, and then lost interest and only catch it if their kids watch it? Easily the original cast, usually Austin St. John, Amy Jo Johnson, and Jason David Frank.

To those of us who have watched it year after year?

You can argue those three, but you have to add in others like Jason Faunt, Erin Cahill, Daniel Southworth(? the Quantum Ranger), and a handful of other characters popular from season to season.

Sadly, it seems that a lot of the Disney seasons are easily forgotten over time, especially the cast members ... SPD, Mystic Force, even RPM ... once they fade from weekly airings of the show, the cast fades too ... but some are classic and the actors, and the characters they played, stay iconic - such as Time Force characters being in the mix.