SEASON 5! with Cover Art!
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Boy-Meets-World-Season-5/14996
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/BoyMeetsWorld_S5.jpg

Decade
02-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Classic!

jediranger
02-26-2010, 05:59 PM
If it truly is being released in the fall, then finally. Hopefully the first three seasons will be re-released as well as the rest of the series.

Buzzs_Room
02-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Freaky. I was just thinking about this, today. Good news.

Storm Eagle
02-26-2010, 06:37 PM
It seems tentative, but if it turns out to be true, that will be great. The only downside is that I might be hard pressed to find the first three season sets at a good price. I sold my copies in 2006 when I learned that Disney wouldn't be releasing the rest of the seasons.

destinedinsanity
02-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Freaky. I was just thinking about this, today. Good news.

Freakier. As was I. Hell, I was watching a '99 clip of B. Savage on Conan last night.

I won't believe it 'till I see it and even if it does happen, I really wish they would take a page out of the Saved by the Bell book and release two seasons at the time (granted, the episodes on those sets were out of order) to essentially force the Season 6 and 7 releases.

Still, this is the best news I will get all day and hopefully the fan outcry will egg on cast and crew to give us a few more commentaries.

"Underpants"

Kyle16
02-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Yes!

Freakier. As was I. Hell, I was watching a '99 clip of B. Savage on Conan last night.

99 was back before I watched Conan. I didnt know he was ever on it, so I found and watched it myself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cyYcVy0gR0

Good stuff.

The Night
02-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Took them long enough. Been waiting for the later years to come out for a long time. While I liked the earlier years, the show really shined as it went on, especially in the college years.

jediranger
02-26-2010, 07:37 PM
It seems tentative, but if it turns out to be true, that will be great. The only downside is that I might be hard pressed to find the first three season sets at a good price. I sold my copies in 2006 when I learned that Disney wouldn't be releasing the rest of the seasons.

It's been rumored that if they did release the seasons that Disney didn't release, they might also release the first 3 seasons as well, so lets hope that it's true.

rangerspider
02-26-2010, 07:41 PM
will be great if the later seasons are finally going to be released.

n80r
02-26-2010, 07:43 PM
nice cant wait till they do the other seasons i need to replace my tv rips of season 6

stealth_ranger
02-26-2010, 10:19 PM
This is good news I suppose. I hope Lionsgate also re-releases S1-3 along with S4 to drum up interest in people buying S4. I don't have the first 3 seasons because I felt the price was too high given the content (3 Dvd sets and few extras for $35-$40). Hopefully, Lionsgate keeps the price low.

J_S_P
02-26-2010, 11:20 PM
I honestly thought it would never see the light of day.

Kyle16
02-27-2010, 12:33 AM
I don't have the first 3 seasons because I felt the price was too high given the content (3 Dvd sets and few extras for $35-$40). Hopefully, Lionsgate keeps the price low.

Rather than lower the price, I'd like them to pack it full of extras. They listed a lot of extras that didnt make the cut in the 3 seasons under Buena Vsta. I mean, if they can do both, great. but if they have to keep the same price, at least pack it with more extras that I know exist. and it cant be hard to record more commentaries right?

I wonder if it'll have more or less extras than the previous ones. whats Lion's Gate's track record for that sort of thing?

also...
http://i31.tinypic.com/w9bh2v.jpg

Primo Haim Saban
02-27-2010, 01:12 AM
Hell yeah! I needs more of my kid getting acquainted with universe!

SpeedOfLight
02-27-2010, 02:12 AM
YES!! brownie point

Blue Knightwolf
02-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Great news if true. I really wanted to buy the seasons but when I heard there were no plans after the the first 3 I lost interest.

Quantum Wolf
02-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Excellent news.

But if it were a "Family Matters FINALLY Coming to DVD" thread...

WolfLMG
02-27-2010, 10:01 AM
I just check on amazon and they do have a listing for it. Doesn't say how much or when it will be out.
http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Meets-World-Complete-Fourth/dp/B000BNX4Y0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1267282862&sr=8-1

Cancer0081
02-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Hell yeah! I needs more of my kid getting acquainted with universe!

you're thinking of when the show decided to mock itself..... that wasn't till some time after Jack came on though.

MoonsKnight
02-27-2010, 11:33 AM
you're thinking of when the show decided to mock itself..... that wasn't till some time after Jack came on though.

*sigh*

Who cares? Can anything ever just be a simple joke?

stealth_ranger
02-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Rather than lower the price, I'd like them to pack it full of extras. They listed a lot of extras that didnt make the cut in the 3 seasons under Buena Vsta. I mean, if they can do both, great. but if they have to keep the same price, at least pack it with more extras that I know exist. and it cant be hard to record more commentaries right?

I wonder if it'll have more or less extras than the previous ones. whats Lion's Gate's track record for that sort of thing?

I agree, if they are going to keep the price up then they need to a page out of FOX's book and load it with extras. But if they're going to barebones it, then I can't see paying more than $30 for it.

Here's the list of extras for the first 3 seasons' original releases.

S1: 3 audio commentaries ("Cory's alternative friends," "Class Pre-Union," and "Boy Meets Girl") and an episode from S4 ("Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow")

S2: 5 audio commentaries ("Back 2 School," "Home," "Fear Strikes Out", "Who's Afraid of Cory Wolf?", and "Wake Up, Little Cory") and a video commentary for "Fear Strikes Out"

S3: interactive quiz game "The World According to Boy"

SpeedOfLight
02-27-2010, 02:35 PM
I remember when I was a little kid, I would not go nowhere when TGIF comes on Abc, I mean nowhere. It was that big of a deal to me ,all the great show would just sit my ass down.

Kyle16
02-27-2010, 03:05 PM
*sigh*

Who cares? Can anything ever just be a simple joke?

The problem is, one might expect the episode being joked about would be in the season that is releasing next. So I too was a bit confused. Otherwise its kind of out of place.

I remember when I was a little kid, I would not go nowhere when TGIF comes on Abc, I mean nowhere. It was that big of a deal to me ,all the great show would just sit my ass down.

TGIF was definetely my highlight of the week. That and SNICK.

Storm Eagle
02-27-2010, 04:25 PM
I just check on amazon and they do have a listing for it. Doesn't say how much or when it will be out.
http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Meets-World-Complete-Fourth/dp/B000BNX4Y0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1267282862&sr=8-1

That was back when Disney was going to put it out. Then it got axed.

I remember when I was a little kid, I would not go nowhere when TGIF comes on ABC, I mean nowhere. It was that big of a deal to me, all the great show would just sit my ass down.

That's basically how it was for me too. I remember every Friday night I'd watch all the shows on the TGIF block, and usually have pizza and a bowl of popcorn while watching. Boy Meets World was one of my favorite shows on that block, along with Family Matters, Step by Step, Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Then it all ended for me when Boy Meets World was discontinued. Family Matters and Step by Step had since moved to CBS and were discontinued, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch moved to the WB, but I kept up with that one until it was discontinued as well.

One of my friends bagged on me for owning Boy Meets World season sets a few years back. She said she thinks the show is for kids and teenagers.

SpeedOfLight
02-27-2010, 05:37 PM
PR, if your friend thinks Boys meets world is show is for kids and teenagers? then she doesnt know what the right deal is, but its never too late to introduce her to it. :023:

Pepper
02-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Excellent news.

But if it were a "Family Matters FINALLY Coming to DVD" thread...
It is coming to DVD.:D

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Family-Matters-Season-1/13355

Storm Eagle
02-27-2010, 07:58 PM
PR, if your friend thinks Boys meets world is show is for kids and teenagers, then she doesn't know what the right deal is, but its never too late to introduce her to it. :023:

Apparently she has seen the show before since she also said she rarely laughs when watching it. See, at first she was talking about how funny the Cosby Show was, and then said "at least the Cosby Show is for people of all ages".

She sounds like one of those hardcore girls. When she dissed Boy Meets World, I told her she might not want to see the rest of my DVD collection. You know, since there are also Power Rangers DVDs in there.

Myzou
02-27-2010, 08:25 PM
You... You Yelled at Me... But I'm Topanga...

Is like the most memorable line I remember from that show, and I've seen every episode, XD Most of them near their original airdate. XD

jediranger
02-27-2010, 08:34 PM

:D All right! In the span of a week, two of my favorite shows are now finally coming to DVD!

Quantum Wolf
02-28-2010, 02:05 AM

http://www.thedeeparchives.com/images/products/ssexbshr381_sml.jpg

Mustang
03-02-2010, 01:53 AM
I just wish they would re-release the previous seasons as the prices they sell for is way over priced because it seems they stopped production at least thats what amazon claims.

jediranger
03-02-2010, 01:59 AM
It's been rumored that if they did release the seasons that Disney didn't release, they might also release the first 3 seasons as well, so lets hope that it's true.

I just wish they would re-release the previous seasons as the prices they sell for is way over priced because it seems they stopped production at least thats what amazon claims.

If you look at my post, I said that it is rumored that they might as re-release the first 3 seasons as well. And the reason they cost that much right now is because of what you said, they aren't in production anymore, no store but online ones like Amazon or Ebay will have them.

Mustang
03-02-2010, 02:08 AM
I missed that I apologize .

You know thinking about Boy Meets world got me also thinking about Fred Savages show The Wonder years and wishing it would be released on dvd too. While no connection other than that having Ben Savages brother in it, still makes me think about it.

travelion
03-02-2010, 05:20 AM
You... You Yelled at Me... But I'm Topanga...

Is like the most memorable line I remember from that show, and I've seen every episode, XD Most of them near their original airdate. XD

actually for me it was when topanga kissed cory and she asked if he liked it.

btw try to catch style's version of the soup when you can danelle is still HOT!

Primo Haim Saban
03-02-2010, 05:35 AM
try to catch style's version of the soup when you can danelle is still HOT!
It's called "The Dish", and yes, she still is.

It was scary there for a bit about ten years back, she was seriously bulking up. Like Kelly Clarkson-level big.

Mr. Yellow
03-02-2010, 10:39 AM
If you look at my post, I said that it is rumored that they might as re-release the first 3 seasons as well. And the reason they cost that much right now is because of what you said, they aren't in production anymore, no store but online ones like Amazon or Ebay will have them.

It would make sense for them to re-release the first three seasons, if they have the distribution rights, and make them more readily available. There's probably a higher demand now since it's not on the air anymore, at least here, is it for anyone else?

Storm Eagle
03-02-2010, 05:16 PM
I started thinking about the show, and then remembered one of the best highlights of it. It was the episode where they were graduating from high school, and then from out of nowhere comes Stuart Minkus. I think that was a big "oh snap!" moment for me.

Greensy Thunders
03-02-2010, 06:10 PM
I started thinking about the show, and then remembered one of the best highlights of it. It was the episode where they were graduating from high school, and then from out of nowhere comes Stuart Minkus. I think that was a big "oh snap!" moment for me.

And they realized that they had only been on one side of the school for the last 3 years?

TemplarKnight
03-02-2010, 06:46 PM
"My name. . .is plays with squirrels."

Favorite.
Episode.
Ever.

jediranger
03-02-2010, 07:28 PM
"My name. . .is plays with squirrels."

Favorite.
Episode.
Ever.

Feeny-"Mr. Matthews?"
Eric-"Mr. Squirrels"
Cory-"Eric?"
Eric-"Plays with"

While not my favorite episode, one of my favorite exchanges between Eric and any characters.

MoonsKnight
03-02-2010, 07:30 PM
And they realized that they had only been on one side of the school for the last 3 years?

And they never realized that there were apparently only, like, 4 teachers at the whole school, and Mr. Feeny teaches about 90 percent of the classes?

richardpark
03-09-2010, 05:21 PM
No idea the earlier seasons were even on DVD - awesome, would definitely pick this up, or at the very least Netflix it to rewatch for the memories.

I'll echo what you said about Feeney though, the man literally taught every class at the school.

Kyle16
03-09-2010, 06:56 PM
And they never realized that there were apparently only, like, 4 teachers at the whole school, and Mr. Feeny teaches about 90 percent of the classes?

They realized it, and flat out acknowledged it pretty much. Twice in in the finale.

Corey talking to Josh "-Mr. Feeny will probably teach you every class you ever take..."

Shawn- "C'mon Mr feeny, you know we're your favorites, we're the only students you ever talk to."

cammy85
03-09-2010, 07:09 PM
I also remember it being acknowledged when he stepped in to fix Cory's mistake of taking a heavy courseload in college; that they should solve their own problems since they're adults. He also started teaching classes there too!! What was up with that??

SpideyTerry
03-10-2010, 12:20 AM
I also remember it being acknowledged when he stepped in to fix Cory's mistake of taking a heavy courseload in college; that they should solve their own problems since they're adults. He also started teaching classes there too!! What was up with that??

Eh, Feeny was still a cast member. They had to give him something to do.

Anyway, glad to see Season 4 hitting DVD. I remember it being a pretty good one.

travelion
03-10-2010, 01:54 AM
i have to say this:

eric:[to the tune of he's a jolly good fellow] "The curtain's on fire, the curtain's on fire"

that was a good episode, eric setting things on fire, hilarious

ever notice that will friedle's character kept "de-evolving" as the series went on?

jediranger
03-10-2010, 02:04 AM
i have to say this:

eric:[to the tune of he's a jolly good fellow] "The curtain's on fire, the curtain's on fire"

that was a good episode, eric setting things on fire, hilarious

ever notice that will friedle's character kept "de-evolving" as the series went on?

Yup, he pretty much became the comic relief as the series went on. Although, there were a few times were his character really was great such as when he wanted to adopt that foster kid.

travelion
03-10-2010, 02:07 AM
Yup, he pretty much became the comic relief as the series went on. Although, there were a few times were his character really was great such as when he wanted to adopt that foster kid.

yeah, that was amazing, he stood out more during that part of the season.

DoGu
03-10-2010, 09:52 AM
I was so bummed when Boy Meets World reruns were taken off the air a few years ago.