PDA

View Full Version : 15th Anniversary Figures In Canada... limited

ZeroXMarquis
October 17th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Doing some early Christmas shopping, and to my surprise, I came across some 15th Anniversary Figures. I was a bit shocked as a Bandai rep told me they weren't going to be sold up here. So, I asked the manager of the store how the shipment was obtained, and he told me that the chain of Toys Toys Toys buys a lot of excess merchandise from the states that doesn't sell well. Fitting, as the figures they had were the original 6 articulated figures in the new red box (I don't live in the states, but I figure these must be the worst selling ones). They also had a few of the 5 fig sets. The manager assured me that they have stock in all of their stores in the GTA, and if they sell well enough, the company would more than likely order the rest directly from Bandai of America.

So yeah, if you live in the GTA and have yet to order these figs online, stop by your local Toys Toys Toys and pick em up.

Philminder
October 17th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Damn, I check out Toys Toys Toys all the time. I'm going there tomorrow! This is great news. Thanks for the heads up!

ChungieBoy
October 17th, 2007, 02:14 AM
lol, it's not even Halloween yet.

ZeroXMarquis
October 17th, 2007, 02:21 AM
When you have a four year old, you'll see the advantageous of shopping early. I started the last week of October last year, and I was still too late to snag all of the 12 Dancing Princesses (stupid elusive Ashlyn).

Ranger of Oz
October 17th, 2007, 03:23 AM

So? Know what's starting to sell in our local shops?

Christmas decorations.

Christmas chocolates.

Bah humbug.

AYE YI YI
October 17th, 2007, 03:28 AM

Shows what you know.

It was all over the news 2 weeks ago when October started. People start Christmas shopping earlier and earlier every year.

MMPR-TheGreenRanger
October 17th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Shows what you know.

It was all over the news 2 weeks ago when October started. People start Christmas shopping earlier and earlier every year.

That's actually pretty smart. It's hell with the line ups every year anyway.

Philminder
October 17th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Just buy tons of stuff now and stock up for the next few years.

AYE YI YI
October 17th, 2007, 08:07 AM
No kidding. Hell, even in November you can see the crowds. I usually go the day after Thanksgiving though. There's lots of people, but just as many sales :)

Philminder
October 17th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Well, I went to Toys Toys Toys, and they did indeed have the Epic Red Rangers sets...though it was very pricey compared to what the Americans paid for at Wal-Mart. But still cheaper than what I've seen on eBay. I picked up the first set, and it's pretty cool. My Dino Thunder figure has messed up legs, though, and can't stand. Oh well. I don't like Dino Thunder anyway.

Spider-Man
October 17th, 2007, 03:27 PM
*Has a tradition of starting Christmas shopping on December 1st*

ZeroXMarquis
October 17th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Well, I finished my Christmas shopping for my little girl. Ever since her first Christmas, I've had a tradition to finish before November. Now that she's older though, and can articulate what she wants, it didn't take long to finish. And glad you got that set Philminder.

The_Emperor
October 17th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Well, I went to Toys Toys Toys, and they did indeed have the Epic Red Rangers sets...though it was very pricey compared to what the Americans paid for at Wal-Mart. But still cheaper than what I've seen on eBay. I picked up the first set, and it's pretty cool. My Dino Thunder figure has messed up legs, though, and can't stand. Oh well. I don't like Dino Thunder anyway.

How much were they?

ZeroXMarquis
October 17th, 2007, 05:58 PM
45 I believe.

The_Emperor
October 17th, 2007, 06:05 PM
$45CDN each?! :o

*phew* Glad I'm not interested in these figures...

Philminder
October 17th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Yeah, and the price tag said they were on sale from like $60. I guess it's because they just buy them directly from the stores in the States and resell. But I noticed that a lot of stuff Toys Toys Toys sells is really expensive, and they always slap an "ON SALE!" thing to make us think we're getting a deal or something.