PDA

View Full Version : Good Places to get PR stuff in NYC

Red Sacred Guardian
July 25th, 2007, 08:28 PM
I'm going to NYC this weekend and the week after and I wanna know, where are good places to get PR and Sentai stuff in NYC? Does TrU have all the stuff that they have on the bandai site cuz I really want a Mercury ranger, mercury morpher, and some other things. Also, does Chinatown have any good places to get real Sentai stuff?

Megasentai
July 25th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Well sentai or PR are all fake,and the sentai are all HK DVD releases

heres a photo thread of Chinatown just to see what I mean.

http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=103011&highlight=chinatown

EricTheDragon
July 25th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Dude, I'm vacaying in New York City right now too.

This Friday I'm going to a place called TokyoToy somewhere in the East Village. Hopefully they have import stuff.

I went to Chinatown, but I didn't have enough time to look around. So I can't say if there is or not.

If it's PR stuff you're looking for, then just find any average Toys 'R Us or KB Toys. Try the TRU in Times Square, that's where all the tourists go.

Honestly, with the NYC tax being so high, I don't recommend buying any toys you can easily get where you are now. Heck, I haven't bought any toys here at all, since I can easily find them back home.

thare
July 25th, 2007, 09:15 PM
There was a booth in the Otakon Dealer's Room I spent way too much time pawing at from a store called Toy Zipangu. It's apparently new, and their stuff tended to be a bit overpriced, but they had some cool stuff. Their store's apparently way downtown in the East Village. Haven't gotten a chance to visit yet, though. http://www.toyzipangu.com.

Also, there's Book-Off. I've found a couple soundtracks there before.

bandai1983
July 25th, 2007, 09:19 PM
TokyoToy has very few sentai stuff, Toy Zipangu has almost all the sentai machas and stuff and is right around the corner, right next to this retro video games store. And what? Toy Zipangu went to Otakon? I was thinking of asking her to sell at Power Morphicon but i never did.

EricTheDragon
July 25th, 2007, 09:26 PM
TokyoToy and Toy Zipangu...are they near each other at all? They're both in the East Village apparently...sorry, I'm not familiar with the village area.

Zeo_Ranger_3_Blue
July 25th, 2007, 10:01 PM
I was in NY Sunday, and I just went to the "Biggest Toy Store in the World" TRU Time Square. They had a BIG display. Plus it's right next to the Transformers display if you like both. And then that is right next to the Star Wars display. So it's like a nerd toy heaven :023: .

dekablue25
July 25th, 2007, 10:06 PM
the tax in NYC isnt really high compared to other places.but going for sentai stuff u can find bootleg dvd's in chinatown

bandai1983
July 25th, 2007, 11:05 PM
We could meet up, it could be fun. I never went sentai shopping with friends before, technically.

Argus
July 26th, 2007, 07:17 AM
the tax in NYC isnt really high compared to other places.but going for sentai stuff u can find bootleg dvd's in chinatown

You want high taxes?

Buy in Canada.

14%

AYE YI YI
July 26th, 2007, 08:57 AM
You want high taxes?

Buy in Canada.

14%

:o Now that's a tax.

DekaBlackFaceOn
July 26th, 2007, 12:09 PM
i found some good places and some decently quality fakes when i was up there, and the TRU had a pretty nice selection, but right out side of the TRU i ran into Ronnie, dax, and Miratrix (the actors) so yeah i found quite a few ranger finds lol. I got Dekaranger and Megaranger boot leg dvds from chinatown as well as some great quality american movies, the only one that SUCKED was HP5

thare
July 26th, 2007, 12:31 PM
:o Now that's a tax.

That's why Canadians can have nice things. :)

It's really not so bad unless you're buying something very expensive.

bandai1983
July 26th, 2007, 06:05 PM
What? Ronnie Dax and Miratrix were at Times Square TRU?!! When was this? Tell me the exact date and time down to the millisecond.

EricTheDragon
July 26th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I'm guessing the week PMC ended. Many said that some actors toured NYC. I guess they're back now though.

I'm going to Toy Zipangu this Saturday. If you see a tall guy wearing a green shirt with "DRAGON RANGER" on it, or wearing Geki Changers, that's me.

PM me if you want to meet up for a lil' shopping.

AYE YI YI
July 26th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was the week after because I remember there was a thread around that time where the guy had simply ran into them.

EricTheDragon
July 29th, 2007, 06:29 PM
So, the day after my adventure for finding the place, I've rewarded myself a DekaRanger Robo. w00t!

Everyone, if you're ever in the city, I highly recommend Toy Zipangu. It's a nice, homely store that's run by one of the sweetest person I've ever met. She didn't have much, but she did go to Otakon recently, with people pretty much buying up everything. Even if though, her stock is impressive as hell. Give her store a try, it's definitely worth it! Toy Zipangu FTW!

Bandai, it was so nice to meet you! We should hold RangerBoard shopping stuff like that more often.

Red Sacred Guardian
July 29th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the input. I just got back home from NYC today, but I had no time to shop. I went to a Mets game and it rained like hell so my dad made me go back to Grand Central and then back home in CT. Fortunately I'll be able to go back August 10th ( maybe 11th if I can convince my aunt to house me for a night, lol).

When you were at the Time Square TrU, did they have all the new stuff that's out like the Battlefleet Megazord? The only reason why I'd go all the way to NYC to get PR stuff is cuz where I live, we get everything late for some reason and I'm really impatient, lol.

Red Sacred Guardian
July 29th, 2007, 07:06 PM
So, the day after my adventure for finding the place, I've rewarded myself a DekaRanger Robo. w00t!

Everyone, if you're ever in the city, I highly recommend Toy Zipangu. It's a nice, homely store that's run by one of the sweetest person I've ever met. She didn't have much, but she did go to Otakon recently, with people pretty much buying up everything. Even if though, her stock is impressive as hell. Give her store a try, it's definitely worth it! Toy Zipangu FTW!

Bandai, it was so nice to meet you! We should hold RangerBoard shopping stuff like that more often.

Where exactly is Toy Zipangu?

EricTheDragon
July 29th, 2007, 07:07 PM
I'm still in NYC. I was supposed to go home today, but we opted not to.

The TRU, I didn't check. But whenever I'm there, they basically have the same stuff at home. Since you say you get everything late, I say try it, it wouldn't hurt. But essentially, the TRU has the same stuff I could get at home.

EricTheDragon
July 29th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Where exactly is Toy Zipangu?

206 East 6th Street. Between 2nd and 3rd Ave. (I think...)

Red Sacred Guardian
July 29th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks, I'll check it when I'm there aug. 10th.

EricTheDragon
July 29th, 2007, 07:15 PM
No problem! I'll be gone by then though... ;_;